Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    This might be one of the worst trades in history..

Orlando not only didn't dump Hedo, BUT THEY TOOK ON HARRINGTON. They're going to pay Harrington/Afflalo/Turk/Big Baby about $32 million next year.. and none of them expire. Davis and Harrington are on contract for THREE YEARS. They're going to be paying $13 million every year for back up PFs, and they just got Ayon!

None of those picks will be any good either, and I don't think they'll be horrible enough to really tank. This is the ****ing worst trade I've ever seen quite honestly and I hope the Orlando owner ends up vetoing it. Jesus.

Honestly stern, basketball reasons

Orlando getting so butt hurt it's not funny

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    They rather take crap the Lopez & Brooks?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

who has the cap next year to sign Bynum after he leaves philly, and what teams would he stay with?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    who has the cap next year to sign Bynum after he leaves philly, and what teams would he stay with?
    Cap space: Off the top of my head.....We do (or at least have the ability to), Dallas does, Portland does, Orlando does (which would be a hilarious situation), Cleveland does, and Phoenix does. Indy may have enough cap room, but they just maxed out Hibbert, so going after Bynum would make zero sense.

Stay with (or go to): He's already been linked to CLE and DAL in prior speculated Howard trades. However, I could see him staying with Philly given their young core, and the relatively close distance to his hometown in NJ.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 08-10-2012 at 02:35 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Denver:
    Iggy is not the go to guy they are missing since the Carmelo trade, but they will dawn athletic ! Lawson, Iggy, Chandler, Farreid, Mc Gee... wow !

Philla
    Going from undersize to a deep team in the paint. They will move Haws to the 4 spot, and Kwame as a back up. Tuner and Bynum can both have some great season

Lakers
    D12/Howard is the best paint in the world. But they still have nobody to guard quick guard like CP3 and Westbrook

Magic
    Should publish a book, "How to destroy your franchise when you have the best C in the league". I hope they will be terrible and pick up a draft bust next year.

OK Broussard says that Orlando didn't want Pau because of his age and salary... Pau has 2 years and 20 million on his contract. OK fair enough... but why not take Pau anyway and flip him for some more assets? I'm sure they could have found a team that was willing to take Gasol for SOMETHING! Man that's dumb.

But I get it now... since this dude is "Sam Presti-ish... he's gonna tank and get the top pick in next year's draft. I still say he should have gotten Pau and flipped him though even if only for a couple pick.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    The only reason I see them doing this is to tank for the next 2 seasons. The players they can get this year will be pretty good, but if they have the first pick in the 2014 draft, they will be laughing all the way home. Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Julius Randle, Andrew and Aaron Harrison, Aaron Gordon, James Young, Kasey Hill, Wayne Selden, and Isaiah Hicks are some of the future stars they could grab. A lot of those guys are future all stars.
    I'm laughing all the way home at you listing 10 guys that have never even played college ball, and saying "a lot" of them arefuture all-stars. Greg Oden, Johnathan Bender, Kwame Brown, and BJ Mullens wanna know where their all-star games went.

If anyone seriously thinks we're going to win anything with the whole league trying to help the best teams get better and no hard cap whatsoever..well, delusion can only carry you so far. Why don't the lakers go to the d-league? They'll be able to win every year. Man i'm pissed, seriously.

It just amazes me how the Lakers keep finding suckers to trade with. The rest of the league should make a rule that NOBODY trades with the Lakers... make them actually build a team thru the draft.

The Magic passed on much better deals than this one. They traded d12 for a #1 from McDonalds and a bus token. They could have let him walk and got the same deal. Sheesh!!! I'm glad we have Dell. This deal is so bad. How do you trade D12 and get a protected 1st round pick as a part of the deal. The NBA should step in and protect the Magic from themselves.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Pau has 2 years and 20 million on his contract.
    pau has 2 years 40 million left on his contract. its 20 per year.

Should of traded for Pau, then traded Pau to rockets for some of there rooks

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    Next year won't the nets be able to ship Lopez right?
    They'll still be over the cap..

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Should of traded for Pau, then traded Pau to rockets for some of there rooks
    Houston doesnt want Pau anymore.

People, don't y'all realize ORL got paid under the table to except this deal! The Lakers are like the basketball mafia!!!!!

And its days like this, where I laughed at Laker fans for calling the CP trade denial "UNFAIR."

In the end, the Lakers have somehow gotten Nash and Dwight for Odom, 2nd round picks, Bynum. Don't forget they pretty much swiped Gasol back in the day for nothing as well. Lakers are going to be so ridiculously dominant its not even funny. I think their "Big 3 or 4" is light years better than the one in Miami. Big Man, SG, and PG who likes to pass....its scary.

Not going to lie though, diehard fan of Hornets or not, this Laker team should be fun to watch (especially beating the Heat). As much as it pisses me off to see him go there, I'm still psyched about the Hornets team next year and our bright future. Should be fun

@DatPurpleHornet

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    Don't forget they pretty much swiped Gasol back in the day for nothing as well.

Marc Gasol is nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Marc Gasol is nothing?
    At the time it was "nothing". No one knows how draft picks/young players will pan out.

Marc isn't nothing, but I still think Lakers made away with robbery in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SeauxCrazy View Post
    Not going to lie though, diehard fan of Hornets or not, this Laker team should be fun to watch (especially beating the Heat). As much as it pisses me off to see him go there, I'm still psyched about the Hornets team next year and our bright future. Should be fun
    I agree that the Lakers will be exciting to watch this season. I do think that the distribution of talent in the NBA is pretty off balance, but super teams are going to happen regardless. I think they'll be on top of the West this season, and I think (and kinda hope) we're likely to see Lakers vs. Heat in the finals, if they can top OKC.

Kobe, Pau and Nash are all on major declines, this is similar to the Payton,Malone, Kobe, Shaq Lakers team and where did that team go??

Well if it helps, I think Mo Harkless will be a great fit...

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Kobe, Pau and Nash are all on major declines, this is similar to the Payton,Malone, Kobe, Shaq Lakers team and where did that team go??
    Kobe, Pau and Nash have plenty of gas left in the tank to crank out some major success, in my opinion. I can definitely understand your comparison, but Shaq, Malone and Kobe all struggled with injuries in 2002-03. Not to mention, they did make it to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Uhh the finals

All-Star
    dang I really wished we had signed Mcgee lol

Thread Information