Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    So orlando get an average guard in Afflalo, a struggling young player in Vucevic, a past his prime veteran Harrington, a mid lottery pick, and three protected picks from non-lottery teams? + They didnt even get rid of Hedo or Duhon?!?!?! AND they gave up Anderson, aaaaaand they resigned Nelson to a $27 mill deal.... What a great front office. That team is really going places... LOL
    you rang..............

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Orlando should be ashamed for what they got in return for Howard. Down right pathetic. Doesn't matter much for us though. In 2-3 years, when we are ready to challenge, Kobe, Nash, and Gasol will all be on their way out of the NBA.

The only good thing about this is that it means a) Miami won't get another ring, and b) OKC won't get a ring.
    Finally a big picture reaction. Plus if the thunder don't win a championship, they'll be more likely to lose harden Ibaka instead of paying the Lux tax

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Orlando:
    Outgoing: Dwight Howard
    Incoming: Arron Affalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, Denver's future 1st round pick, L.A. future 1st round pick, and Philadelphia's future 1st round pick.

Philadelphia:
    Outgoing: Andre Iguodala, Nickola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, and 1st round pick
    Incoming: Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson

Denver:
    Outgoing: Arron Affalo, 1st round pick
    Incoming: Andre Iguodala

L.A. Lakers:
    Outgoing: Andrew Bynum and 1st round pick
    Incoming: Dwight Howard
    It seems like every team benefited from the trade. Orlando went with quantity over quality. I think in the end, they will regret doing this deal.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    If the league was in the habit of blocking stupid trades where it wasn't a party involved then the Hornets would never have been able to dump Okafor and Ariza on Washington.
    That was highway robbery. But because it was us doing it no one noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Howard? Wow. Lakers just got nashty.. Again. That sucks.
    It's going to be hard to root for Nash now

I can't think of an NBA player I hate more than Kobe, except Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The only reason it was blocked o's because the NBA owned the hornets. I don't believe the league office has the power to deny a trade that falls within the rules under normal circumstances.
    Yeah i know that i just wish someone could stop this stuff from happening. I mean getting nash in a sign and trade the year before tax teams can't do sign and trades anymore? Some CBA we got here.

I'm not gonna be frustrated because it really doesnt effect us right now anyways but it just kind of bums me out.

Dwight Howard fell out of my top 3 favorite players. 1.Anthony Davis 2.Eric Gordon 3. Austin Rivers. I hate the lakers with a passion
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans

I'm not convinced the Lakers will win a title. I still like a healthy Miami team.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Nothing's for sure for Miami or LA

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    I'm not convinced the Lakers will win a title. I still like a healthy Miami team.
    I would feel differently if they didn't have Mike Brown as their coach. The Lakers are constructed better than the Heats even with Allen. They would definitely be my favorites to win it all if they had a good coach in place.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They have the bigs that should drive Miami wild but the Lakers have no bench whatsover. And though neither do the Heat, LeBron or Wade can always play buttloads of minutes cuz they're both relatively young and in their prime.

The Magic will be amazing, guys. Remember? We gave them Goose.

Lakers did get Jamison, retained Jordan hill matt barnes (i think) and have Steve Blake. Not an excellent bench but one more player like a jodie meeks or someone like that and theyre on the verge.

It's been reported that Dwight won't sign an extension with the Lakers, so we only have to deal with this foolishness for one year haha. I'm wondering tho can David Stern weto the trade or he could only veto the Hormets trade because they were the owners at the time

A, i bet if i look back you posted something about the Thunder beating the Heat in 5 or 4
    Ballin

Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    It's been reported that Dwight won't sign an extension with the Lakers, so we only have to deal with this foolishness for one year haha. I'm wondering tho can David Stern weto the trade or he could only veto the Hormets trade because they were the owners at the time
    Howard won't have much of a choice as all of his favorite spots are pretty much tied to contracts.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Well this makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    A, i bet if i look back you posted something about the Thunder beating the Heat in 5 or 4
    I don't remember that. I did predict the Spurs to beat the Thunder.

The Bobcats may have a team challenge them for worst in the NBA!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

The Nuggets got the best of this trade, they got Iguodala for Afflallo and a protected first!! That's a pretty good deal.

I think if Iggy was 23 or 24 it would make sense to go after him since Anderson, Gordon, and Davis are really young. I think Demps will look for a SF in that age group. Iggy is probably a bit too old even though he's in the prime of his career. Batum would have been a perfect fit if he wasn't getting 12 million a season.
    Who in that age group (23/24) will be available at SF next season?
    I can't think of anybody!

Bynum to Hornets next season?

Why do the Lakers always get the best end of all trades?

Ahhhh, to bad should've took the Rockets deal. I mean they didn't get Bynum nor did they get Iguodala. This was suppose to be my second team i would watch be build up from the bottom into contention once again. But looks like before they'll be at the bottom end of the lottery for some years

Thread Information