Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

Wait Orlando is getting Affalo on an inflated contract for Howard ???

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Oh and gasol

Lakers giving up way too much.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

If i were orlando I would just take Bynum and Gasol and flip Bynum later, he's got to net more than afflalo

This trade makes Denver the third best team in the western confrence
    WE THE BEST

I could see if the Lakers were getting Iggy and Howard, but it's an eh trade for them

How in the hell is Philly flipping Iggy for Bynum?

So Iggy to the Hornets suddenly looks bleak

Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    So Iggy to the Hornets suddenly looks bleak
    Lol did it look anything other than Bleak?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    How in the hell is Philly flipping Iggy for Bynum?

Same question I had. O_O At first I was like, I'm sure Iggy + some other asset. But as it looks, Lakers look like they are overpaying.

Bynum on the sixers will be great! Iggy for Bynum is a no-brainer. Win for Denver and Philly kinda Lakers but its stupid for Magic GM he had a way better deal with the Lakers and Rockets. Now hes getting those two and picks from nothing but contenders for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Lol did it look anything other than Bleak?
    At least it looked possible. If this deal goes through? It looks like an impossibility. Maybe we can get Wilson Chandler for chump change? I'm pretty sure they'll field a Lawson | Iggy | Gallo | Faried | McGee lineup - and I personally think that fails cause Iggy is better as a SF.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Iggy to the Hornets is a bad idea, anyway.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Bynum on the sixers will be great! Iggy for Bynum is a no-brainer. Win for Denver and Philly kinda Lakers but its stupid for Magic GM he had a way better deal with the Lakers and Rockets. Now hes getting those two and picks from nothing but contenders for the playoffs.
    Personally, I think Magic GM is using this as a way to leverage more value out of what is already an incredible offer from HOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Iggy to the Hornets is a bad idea, anyway.
    How come? I think it's a GREAT idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    Bynum hasn't committed to signing an extension and that isn't part of the deal so Bynum to Philly may be a rental...It's a huge risk more than anything.

Looks awful for Orlando IMO, compare Gasol and Afflalo to the package we got for cp3, I think we should consider ourselves lucky!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I love me some Iggy. Don't see why we jeopardize some cap flexibility by paying his hefty contract number.

He'd make our team more versatile to be sure.

I think if Iggy was 23 or 24 it would make sense to go after him since Anderson, Gordon, and Davis are really young. I think Demps will look for a SF in that age group. Iggy is probably a bit too old even though he's in the prime of his career. Batum would have been a perfect fit if he wasn't getting 12 million a season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

If Orlando knew they could have ended up with Gasol, they should have kept Anderson. Those two fit well together. Not sure why they want Gasol for two years. They need to tank.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I assume the Magic will flip Gasol? I don't get this trade for them much really. Afflalo is good and all but not great and the 76ers are raping this trade. The Lakers are overpaying, and probably wont still won't beat OKC. Denver and Philly are the winners of this trade IMO as strange as it sounds.
    @DanielVeuleman

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    ESPN SportsCenter - Dwight Howard to Lakers, Andrew Bynum to 76ers, Andre Iguodala to Nuggets 4-team deal - ESPN sources

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Man I hope iggy doesn't sign an extension with Denver.

well its offical

Thread Information