Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    The Magic GM said they feel good about this decision. Makes me appreciate Mr. Demps even more.
    he should be fired......today

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Didn't think they'd find someone worse than Otis Smith to be a GM. I mean...WOW.

I think people are over-looking the comment Da Throne just made. Holy hell; I never thought I'd see the day...

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    Go easy on Hennigan. Hearing Orl Pres Alex Martins likely ran this one. Always good to have non-bball folks make critical decision.
    They're trying to take pressure off the new GM.

I don't know why some posters on this board talk like it's not beneficial to the NBA financially for the Lakers to be successful? People want to see the Lakers in the Finals and that's never going to change.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    I don't know why some posters on this board talk like it's not beneficial to the NBA financially for the Lakers to be successful? People want to see the Lakers in the Finals and that's never going to change.
    who cares about it being beneficial to the nba lol, I'm a hornets fan

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    who cares about it being beneficial to the nba lol, I'm a hornets fan
    Then continue to cry your irrelevant opinion on this board among a few bitter Hornets fans.

and the lakers signed jodie meeks

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    They're trying to take pressure off the new GM.
    What's the point of paying an individual millions of dollars to make personnel decision than prevent them from doing so? Never understand that.

All-Star
    Then continue to cry your irrelevant opinion on this board among a few bitter Hornets fans.
    lmao I wasn't crying about anything on this post sir....im curious would you be ok if the hornets remain a mediocre franchise?

lmao I wasn't crying about anything on this post sir....im curious would you be ok if the hornets remain a mediocre franchise?
    No fan will be ok with their team being bad, but if it's of the team's own doing you just have to accept it. Orlando's roster has been grossly mismanaged in the Dwight Howard era just like the Hornets whole franchise was mismanaged during the CP3 era. The Anthony Davis era looks like it will be managed more effectively.

The Lakers got cake out the rear end to blow on players. It's being proven once again even from the aftermath of a new CBA with more punitive luxury taxes that nothing is going to change that. Small-market teams now get to reap the benefits of it with revenue sharing. Small-market owner want the Lakers to do well rather you believe it or not.
    Last edited by Basketball Nate; 08-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.

The Lakers got cake out the rear end to blow on players. It's being proven once again even from the aftermath of a new CBA with more punitive luxury taxes that nothing is going to change that. Small-market teams now get to reap the benefits of it with revenue sharing. Small-market owner want the Lakers to do well rather you believe it or not.
    I also think many people are viewing this trade as more one sided than it is. It's not like the Lakers gave up garbage for Howard. They gave up arguably the 2nd best center in the league, a future 1st, 2nd and took back a small but bad contract.

If they had ended up with Martin, 2 young guys and 2 lotteryish picks most people would think it was on par with what the Hornets got for CP3 and wouldn't be complaining so loudly. That option was available, they just wouldn't have been able to dump contracts just like the Hornets were still stuck with Okafor and Ariza after trading CP3. Orlando apparently valued moving those contracts more than Houston's young assets. Maybe that was a stupid choice, but that's not a choice the Lakers forced them to make.

The Lakers probably already had a lot of nationally televised games this season but now other teams will probably get the boot so they can show more of the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    Um, just to be clear, Kobe grew up in the Lakers organization after a draft trade of Divac and filler. Doesn't help your argument. Also, the Lakers are in perpetual win now mode b/c of the talent they have. If (and I know it's a big of right now) DH12 signs with them long term, they have the cash/money resources, along with the draw of LA-LA land to lure more FA there to play alongside him. Lastly, if you haven't noticed, the sign or trade for a dominant big is the Laker way( Jabbar, Chamberlain, Shaq)
    Um, just to be clear...since you want to point things out for the sake of being difficult...I said were all TRADES or FAs...We originally drafted Kobe. Yes he "grew up" there. But he was traded. Don't try to insult my intelligence. read the post before you throw out foolishness. Shaq....I swear I mentioned Shaq as one of those players....And I said Since Magic....pretty sure Wilt and Jabbar were there before Magic. My point was that they havent grown any talent that they drafted. You haven't mentioned anything that hurts my argument. Thanks.

They need and want the entire league to do well, not just the Lakers. As a matter of fact there isn't much seperation after the top 3 markets in the league and all those teams combined account for more than the top 3 in terms of revenue.

Its a very simplistic argument that the league "needs" the Lakers to do well. They need that big chunk in the middle to do well even more and that chunk includes the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They need and want the entire league to do well, not just the Lakers. As a matter of fact there isn't much seperation after the top 3 markets in the league and all those teams combined account for more than the top 3 in terms of revenue.

Its a very simplistic argument that the league "needs" the Lakers to do well. They need that big chunk in the middle to do well even more and that chunk includes the Hornets.
    It's impossible for every team to do well on the basketball court in this league. There's only a handful of franchise players in this league and those same players don't feel obligated to waste their prime years on teams that they know have no chance of competing for a title.

It's impossible for every team to do well on the basketball court in this league. There's only a handful of franchise players in this league and those same players don't feel obligated to waste their prime years on teams that they know have no chance of competing for a title.
    Think they're talking about $$$

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

it also reminded Bryant of the trade that brought Gasol in 2008 and paved the way for two championships.

“History repeats,” he said. “We got Pau for nothing, too.”

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/08...arrival/73787/

I think the Heat will still be better than the Lakers, if healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Think they're talking about $$$
    Well, I'm talking about the league needing the Lakers to be successful on the basketball court because that's who the fans want to see. Nobody wants to see those middle Western Conference teams in the NBA Finals over a team like the Lakers. Who the hell wants to see a team like the Utah Jazz in the NBA Finals?

“We got Pau for nothing, too.”

Man... That's cold. He just threw Andrew Bynum under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

I just read that. Apparently bynum sulking constantly and not getting up for timeouts were noticed... Zing!

PS Lakers have just signed joadie Meeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

lol that's that hurt and that drive
    Ballin

If the Lakers dont win it this year(i dont think with the current roster they can do it next year) then they are EMBARRASSING
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information