Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Howard to the Lakers.....Maybe tomorrow

So no Gasol?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Wait so the Lakers got Nash Kobe Gasol and Howard?!

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Crap, my friend is going to be insufferable now.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    yea thats what i read on espn. They keep Pau.
    WE THE BEST

I seriously cannot imagine Bynum in a Sixers uni. Someone needs to Photoshop and Iguodala in a Nuggets uni, oh lordy lordy
    Ballin

The West got so much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Crap, my friend is going to be insufferable now.
    Yeh it a hard job proving to my Lakers friend that the Hornets will beat the Lakers this season

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    Yeh it a hard job proving to my Lakers friend that the Hornets will beat the Lakers this season
    Not that hard. Nash can't guard anyone. Pau is still soft. Howard is a child. And Kobe is Kobe. They'll be good, but Bynum was the better player.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    So tired of the Lakers...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Being the GM of the Lakers is the easiest job in the NBA.

Wrong details it's
    Lakers get Howard
    Sixers get Bynum and Jason Richadson
    Magic get Affalo, Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless 1st rd protected from Lakers, Nuggets and Sixers
    Nuggets get Iggy

NO GASOL!!!! Dammit

Poor Magic, didnt even get to shed Hedo's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not that hard. Nash can't guard anyone. Pau is still soft. Howard is a child. And Kobe is Kobe. They'll be good, but Bynum was the better player.
    This how i be like. My son Austin gonna cross up yo point up and my boy Gordon gonna drop 40 on Kobe cause Kobe to old to guard anybody and my son athletic. Then my dude Davis gonna start a block party in yo arena slapping Kobe, Gasol, and Dwight stuff into the stands

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    This how i be like. My son Austin gonna cross up yo point up and my boy Gordon gonna drop 40 on Kobe cause Kobe to old to guard anybody and my son athletic. Then my dude Davis gonna start a block party in yo arena slapping Kobe, Gasol, and Dwight stuff into the stands
    It's **** talking anyway. You don't need to be factual. Hell, say Jason Smith will just punch Howard in the nards like he's on the French Olympic team and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's **** talking anyway. You don't need to be factual. Hell, say Jason Smith will just punch Howard in the nards like he's on the French Olympic team and call it a day.
    THIS!! LMAO!!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Howard? Wow. Lakers just got nasty.. Again. That sucks.
    @DanielVeuleman

God help us all

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoewan View Post
    How come? I think it's a GREAT idea.
    Because this team isn't poised to win now even with him. At his age he doesn't fit in with the core. This team needs to see what Aminu can do and I'd rather have the cap flexibility next year. I know some of you guys want all stars at every position but it isn't going to happen over night.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Okay it won't happen because stern doesn't own anyone but i would sure like to see one of those "basketball reasons" blocks again.

this is crazy lakers just keep building and building. I'm glad hornets aren't going to be contenders next year but just thinking about Dwight in LA for the next 5 years [potentially if he resigns] is giving me a headache already. I also don't get why a west team would help facilitate this thing, i mean sure dens getting IGGY and becoming a better team but it's like your handing LA more rings..

Great.......................

**** the lakers
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

So orlando get an average guard in Afflalo, a struggling young player in Vucevic, a past his prime veteran Harrington, a mid lottery pick, and three protected picks from non-lottery teams? + They didnt even get rid of Hedo or Duhon?!?!?! AND they gave up Anderson, aaaaaand they resigned Nelson to a $27 mill deal.... What a great front office. That team is really going places... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post
    Okay it won't happen because stern doesn't own anyone but i would sure like to see one of those "basketball reasons" blocks again.

this is crazy lakers just keep building and building. I'm glad hornets aren't going to be contenders next year but just thinking about Dwight in LA for the next 5 years [potentially if he resigns] is giving me a headache already. I also don't get why a west team would help facilitate this thing, i mean sure dens getting IGGY and becoming a better team but it's like your handing LA more rings..
    It's the Lakers. If players don't get traded there they will just sign with them as free agents, anyway. Doesn't really bother me -- the Lakers are stacking players around Bryant for two or so years before he retires. Who knows what they'll look like when the Hornets potentially transform into contenders at that time (other than the fact they'll have Howard but he's hardly the type of player that can carry a team by himself).

The Hornets have a lot of potential but there are still many questions aside from Davis developing/filling out his frame. Can Rivers be molded into a point guard? Will Eric Gordon be here for the long haul or will he potentially be traded, moving Rivers to the 2, and finding a 1 elsewhere? Will Lopez pan out? Will Anderson get better defensively?
    Last edited by Unknown Poster; 08-09-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Orlando should be ashamed for what they got in return for Howard. Down right pathetic. Doesn't matter much for us though. In 2-3 years, when we are ready to challenge, Kobe, Nash, and Gasol will all be on their way out of the NBA.

The only good thing about this is that it means a) Miami won't get another ring, and b) OKC won't get a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05 View Post

The only reason it was blocked o's because the NBA owned the hornets. I don't believe the league office has the power to deny a trade that falls within the rules under normal circumstances.

If the league was in the habit of blocking stupid trades where it wasn't a party involved then the Hornets would never have been able to dump Okafor and Ariza on Washington.

Thread Information