Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: THE POSITION... PT GUARD

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Chalmers is a borderline starter IMO
    He's perfect for the Heat. They just need him to make jumpers and play defense. If we had a good SF, he would be ok here.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    I base my comments on 21 years of covering the game.I haven't pegged players soley by position in over 15 years.Run the offense through Gordon if you so desire.Following that line of thinking ask yourself do you have a player that will break down traps from the guard position while Gordon is being denied the ball? Do you have the player to "escape the defense" and make the right play if Gorodn is not available to pass the ball to?

Now onsider a variety of situations that will emerge over 82 games. Thats why its a great game,so much to observe and enjoy...as it evolves.
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

The purpose of my posts are simply to enjoy some solid basketball talk and share my observations based on all my years as an NBA Analyst.I enjoyed our first extended visit together.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    I base my comments on 21 years of covering the game.I haven't pegged players soley by position in over 15 years.Run the offense through Gordon if you so desire.Following that line of thinking ask yourself do you have a player that will break down traps from the guard position while Gordon is being denied the ball? Do you have the player to "escape the defense" and make the right play if Gorodn is not available to pass the ball to?

Now onsider a variety of situations that will emerge over 82 games. Thats why its a great game,so much to observe and enjoy...as it evolves.
    I wonder if the team will acquire an additional play-maker at the 3 spot since that is a major hole short-term and long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    The purpose of my posts are simply to enjoy some solid basketball talk and share my observations based on all my years as an NBA Analyst.I enjoyed our first extended visit together.
    We appreciate it!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    We appreciate it!
    This. Good to see someone who just wants to have such a passionate yet unbiased discussion.

504sDeek...Yes indeed! The game will provide many good discussions....the beauty and joy of the game.

@GerryV Who do you think are our best options in Free Agency or through trade to upgrade the PG position?

I would like to hear other fans opinions as well.

Thread Information