Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Season 2 - Weeks 11 and 12 Results

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    Sounds like you could use Toni Kukoc.
    LMAO Bravo!!
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    You lack inside scoring (which kind of hurts your outside scoring), and aside from Sheed you don't really have any good defensive players. Your team allows the second most points per game in the league.

Not to mention, like BSH said, you really don't have anything at the 3 which is holding you back.
    My SFs were worse last season with George Lynch and Ryan Bowen. They provided no offense at all and I still finished 3rd in the west. I did lose defense with Cato, but Miller is much better offensively. Cato was brutal offensively. Lynch was good defensively last season as well even though he provided no offense. I think depth has been an issue as well. Last season, Mobley and Miller were strong backups.

But overall, my offense has been better this season compared to last season even though my defense has been brutal. Still, not sure why I'm losing games by 20-30 points all the time even with a healthy lineup. My team on paper isn't that much worse from last season's team. I do need to make some adjustments with the gameplan.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    My SFs were worse last season with George Lynch and Ryan Bowen. They provided no offense at all and I still finished 3rd in the west. I did lose defense with Cato, but Miller is much better offensively. Cato was brutal offensively. Lynch was good defensively last season as well even though he provided no offense. I think depth has been an issue as well. Last season, Mobley and Miller were strong backups.

But overall, my offense has been better this season compared to last season even though my defense has been brutal. Still, not sure why I'm losing games by 20-30 points all the time even with a healthy lineup. My team on paper isn't that much worse from last season's team. I do need to make some adjustments with the gameplan.
    Dont take this as me attacking you, but merely discussing the points.
    -You're offense scores the 7th least points in the league while your defense gives up the second most in the league.
    -Bottom Half in assist
    -You're second to last in rebounding
    -Don't really have a rim protector

What you do well is protect the ball.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I thought you were on a good path as well. I really dont understand regression after great seasons and such. If I were you I would start Rod Strickland and see what happens. Maybe he has awareness and Tinsley doesn't behind the scenes. Maybe aquire one more scoring option next to Webber and go 1. Webber 2. Eddie Jones 3. Person aquired? Dunno.
    Yeah I drafted Marshall to be that guy, and he was around top 5 in 3pt % last year, but still never really cracked 10PPG. I moved him from being the #3 option to not listed and he seemd to score more, so then I traded for Zydrunas who was avg'ing 14ppg vs the 6 Pryz was giving me and he's down to single digits. It seems like it doesn't matter who my 3rd option is they are dwarfed by Webber and Jones. Tinsley is either a + better or same grades as Strickland in every category I'm sure age helps, I might experiment with that to see if it cuts down the turnovers. Eddie House also has been a disappointment.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Yeah I drafted Marshall to be that guy, and he was around top 5 in 3pt % last year, but still never really cracked 10PPG. I moved him from being the #3 option to not listed and he seemd to score more, so then I traded for Zydrunas who was avg'ing 14ppg vs the 6 Pryz was giving me and he's down to single digits. It seems like it doesn't matter who my 3rd option is they are dwarfed by Webber and Jones. Tinsley is either a + better or same grades as Strickland in every category I'm sure age helps, I might experiment with that to see if it cuts down the turnovers. Eddie House also has been a disappointment.
    Pryz has been playing great for me, when he's healthy. Don't have him as a scoring option so he hasn't been gettin many points, but he has been rebounding and blocking very well!! That's all I really need him to do with the way Moiso's been playing. He's averaged 7.6 PPG, 8.2 RPG, and 1.9 BPG in 25.4 MPG.
    Last edited by coltsguy510; 08-08-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Also I may be crazy, but since the Spurs are playing great, and I think aside from the PG position (which could not be more opposite) our other positions seem similar so I wanted to check out his Depth Chart. I didn't see one for week 1 and in week 2 he said same, Beelos or CP3 am I missing something?

Dont take this as me attacking you, but merely discussing the points.
    -You're offense scores the 7th least points in the league while your defense gives up the second most in the league.
    -Bottom Half in assist
    -You're second to last in rebounding
    -Don't really have a rim protector

What you do well is protect the ball.
    I agree my team is playing bad across the board. But I'm just surprised how bad they are since the roster isn't that much worse compared to last season and I upgraded 2-3 starters since Cato and Lynch weren't that good last season except defensively. Miller averages more rebounds than Cato, scores more, shoots a higher FG% and much higher FT%. Lynch was my 3rd SF after training camp so I traded him away after he was my starter last season. I know my bench is worse since Mobley and Miller are starting now. I also think I've done a poor job with the game planing. Wallace has missed 23 games as well. I think my team is too young. Only one guy over 30. I'm just gonna ride the season out and see what happens.

That's one thing I think people fail to realize sometimes when aquiring players. Just because they average something somewhere, doesnt mean it'll happen on your team, esp since you've got one dominant scorer already. It's all about team Dynamic. If I remmeber correctly about Illgalskus (sp?), he was on the magic for awhile on a team without a scorer (Magic). Truthfully, I really don't know what's going on with your team though, you have all the componets to be good, they're just not jelling with the gameplan you have i guess. But I find I have the same problem often times as well.

That's one thing I think people fail to realize sometimes when aquiring players. Just because they average something somewhere, doesnt mean it'll happen on your team, esp since you've got one dominant scorer already. It's all about team Dynamic. If I remmeber correctly about Illgalskus (sp?), he was on the magic for awhile on a team without a scorer (Magic). Truthfully, I really don't know what's going on with your team though, you have all the componets to be good, they're just not jelling with the gameplan you have i guess. But I find I have the same problem often times as well.
    Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting to just translate Zydrunas' stats to my team, but I beleive he was a #3 option or #2 at best with the Magic. And he's giving me 11ppg vs the 6 from Pryz, but it's his inconsistency and FG% that's awful. he's gone from 44% last year to 39% this year. He's also turned into a fouling machine. I'm definitely going to change up my gameplan, I think I went through something like this last year, but it happened earlier in the year and I dropped to .500 and turned it around so I haven't given up yet. I'm going to make a run for playoffs this year but if it doesn't get turned around I can see some vets *cough cough* Webber, Jones, Marshall, Illgauskas *cough cough* all out the door.

Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting to just translate Zydrunas' stats to my team, but I beleive he was a #3 option or #2 at best with the Magic. And he's giving me 11ppg vs the 6 from Pryz, but it's his inconsistency and FG% that's awful. he's gone from 44% last year to 39% this year. He's also turned into a fouling machine. I'm definitely going to change up my gameplan, I think I went through something like this last year, but it happened earlier in the year and I dropped to .500 and turned it around so I haven't given up yet. I'm going to make a run for playoffs this year but if it doesn't get turned around I can see some vets *cough cough* Webber, Jones, Marshall, Illgauskas *cough cough* all out the door.
    Its really a tough call for your 3rd option. I may go with Marshall since he's a B on outside compared to the B- for Ziggy. Also, you may want to focus your offense on Inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Its really a tough call for your 3rd option. I may go with Marshall since he's a B on outside compared to the B- for Ziggy. Also, you may want to focus your offense on Inside.
    Yeah I've considered focusing on inside, but with it balanced Webber is already shooting a ton, plus Jones and Marshall have good outside games, so I feel for the time being balanced is better for me. I really never had to think about gameplan because things last year seem to go pretty smoothly.

I agree with you though, your team on paper should be good especially considering the success you had last year. I know things change from year to year, but the randomness that seems to be causing it is frustrating.

Finally a positive sim for my team.

Armstrong is coming back, i think i can still make the playoffs! lets go Wizards!

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Clippers looking to make some deals before trade deadline. PM me if your interested in any of my players besides Randolph.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    shaq for kukoc!

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    shaq for kukoc!
    Equal value in my opinion. would you include a second rounder and 1 point too?

I messaged you Prep

Thread Information