Pelicans Report

Thread: Dennis Lauscha on WWL

Dennis Lauscha on WWL

http://audio.wwl.com/a/60641231/8-3-...s-lauscha.htm?

In case you missed it. Hornets/Saints President Dennis Lauscha was on WWL Friday afternoon.

Dennis is a sharp cat. IMO we are extremely lucky to have him. One thing that stood out to me is that he stated that we are not a small market. Indeed, if you count all of LA, MS, southern Alabama, and the FLA panhandle, our market is 7 million strong!!

He also briefly touches on new radio deal, arena improvements, and ticket sales. Definitely worth a listen.

Now that the major "house keeping issues" have been completed, the next obvious step is the complete rebrand of the team. My gut tells me we will be the Krewe.

why does your gut say The Krewe? what evidence has led you to believe this? btw, i'm all for the Krewe. I've been pumping that name for two years now.

Quote Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
    why does your gut say The Krewe? what evidence has led you to believe this? btw, i'm all for the Krewe. I've been pumping that name for two years now.
    I think Krewe distinctly says NOLA without the historical bagage of Voodoo, Brass, or Pelicans.

Also, it would draw national attention being that its such a novel name. I think the purple, green, and gold color scheme could be awesome if done right.

I'm legit curious as to how many season tickets we've sold. And I would not be shocked if they let us vote on the name be it Krewe Spirit Angles Voodoo etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    I think Krewe distinctly says NOLA without the historical bagage of Voodoo, Brass, or Pelicans.

Also, it would draw national attention being that its such a novel name. I think the purple, green, and gold color scheme could be awesome if done right.
    Exactly what "baggage" do those 3 names carry that Krewe doesn't? The only thing my gut tells me about the re-branding is Benson already has his own ideas and fans won't be involved.

They are selling aggressively with all these select-a-seat events. I think sales are similar to last year, give-or-take.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    counting the florida panhandle as part of our market is a pretty big stretch, but i like his ambition. there are definitely some saints fans over there... but very few would make that drive to see a regular season NBA game.

as for TV market - that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Exactly what "baggage" do those 3 names carry that Krewe doesn't? The only thing my gut tells me about the re-branding is Benson already has his own ideas and fans won't be involved.
    The other names: Voodoo, Brass, etc. are associated with mediocre minor league teams. Krewe is a fresh start.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockdale View Post
    The other names: Voodoo, Brass, etc. are associated with mediocre minor league teams. Krewe is a fresh start.
    Unless you count the Columbus Crew of the MLS.

The Rhythm Kings were THE original NO jazz band...just sayin. is a two word name really verbotten?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Enjoyed his input, announcements will be made soon for the team...
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by Shrimpnose View Post
    The Rhythm Kings were THE original NO jazz band...just sayin. is a two word name really verbotten?
    Would ne any different than SuperSonics, other than there is another team that is the Kings already.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information