Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need Bread,baloney,mustard,socks etc

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Gentlemen we shall be talking some serious Hoops
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Just wanted to throw my compliments into the ring as well.

I always liked your insight and commentary and I hope you somehow end up finding a place somewhere with the new hornets media because it would be a shame to see you have to go somewhere else.

Either way though, best of luck to you.

Gerry V, I will sincerely miss your colorful analysis during games for the team-formerly-known-as-the-Hornets. You were always very insightful and well prepared, a true professional. I'm sure you will end up landing on your feet just like gymnast Aly Raisman did tonight!

V-Man....Loved listening to you during and after the games......Hope you get to stay in the city.......Good Luck

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    I miss you on my drive home V man.
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

V man, you are truly the light of my life. I miss listening to your always witty and intelligent banter already. You BETTER stick around and talk hornets hoops with us, man. IMHO this is the worst thing to happen in what has been an amazing offseason.

Definitely the worst thing.. A few years ago when it was impossible to watch the games for me i really loved listening to Gerry. I always felt involved in the games and the seasons were fun to listen to because of Gerry.

Not to mention his show that got canceled i would come home and listen every day after school when i was younger.

Best of luck to you in the future Gerry, hope you land on your feet.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    The true test of a good radio guy comes when a person is watching the game on tv,but listening to the radio feed; I did that many times and I will miss listening to you call the games. Besides your phenomenal grasp of the game, you are a great character. And to be recognized as a character in a city full of them, is quite an accomplishment. I agree with the previous few posts that this is the worst move of the off-season. I know that your next move will be a good one and I can't wait to see what it will be; You are too valuable to the community, so I have faith that it will be something great.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Penuckle: let's do a video.. I'll do my Christopher Walken..
    Can you have someone contact me? Or you contact me? I'm christrew AT gmail.com. Will come up with some ideas, run them by you and then see what happens! Thanks for the interest.
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

You will be truly missed, V man. I enjoyed all you basketball talks and posts. I wish you all the best and hope to see you in other Nola-related gigs. I have a suggestion for you. How about doing a weekly Youtube show talking about Hornets and Saints? .. this way we won't miss you and you won't miss talking. Also you could easily find a sponsor, thoughts?

Send me info for video [email protected]

You guys have been very nice,doing my best to stay in the market,not going to move a family that has entire family tree from New Orleans and surrounding areas,moms' pops,grand ma, cousins,aunts,uncles etc.... Summon the troops! Now about those sandwiches...

The Franchise
    Wishing you the best with future endeavors, V.
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Penuckle: let's do a video.. I'll do my Christopher Walken..
    Love your Walken......

Always enjoyed listening to you and S Kelly during games. You guys had great chemistry! I really think the Hornets made a bad decision here. On top of beng entertaining, I learned something new everytime I listen to you. Thank you and good luck!

ArronRX and others: I love talking about the game and presenting/explaining it in a variety of way.At times over the 82 game schedule its fun to sprinkle in some humor,other times a more serious approach.Talk Radio samething...mix in the humor,use the serious when its warrented......thats why i am not a normal person which therefore renders me harmless as i admit it.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    Gerry, This may have been discussed, but why did you leave 106.1? Was the contract up or was it contingent on being a member of the hornets team? I know you may have some things going on in the background, but it seems weird to disappear from that show so quickly....

Also, is Hanzo going to be able to live with out you by his side?

Listening to the latest podcast made me only wish more that you were still there.

I promise to bring fig newtoms lol
    Jrue dat

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Gerry, if you don't mind me asking what was your very first real basketball job? I'm a college student right now, but I'm hoping to get into the high school coaching ranks after I graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Gerry, if you don't mind me asking what was your very first real basketball job? I'm a college student right now, but I'm hoping to get into the high school coaching ranks after I graduate.
    Better become a teacher.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That's the plan sir, I like history...

That's a good start then !

Woah-Woah: I was told I couldn't remain on the air while new ownership was talking to other stations( conflict) lo and behold wham! Kinda crazy huh? Let see what plays out... Strange times.

I started at Bishop McGuinness High School. I was 24 when I got my first Head Coaching Job .. Also taught Psychology and Health.After three years I moved to the Div 1 Level.

Thanks Smow... Enjoy doing those.

Hurry back to the airwaves V-man....we miss your insights and humor.

Thread Information