Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Bread,baloney,mustard,socks etc

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Need Bread,baloney,mustard,socks etc

Thought i would reach out and see if any of you guys have any spare food layin around? Don't need much,just enough t nibble on.My run doing Hornets games is over..21 years of covering the NBA...over 16 years of talk radio...Also if you have any ole shoes and socks....and a pillow. Who knows what the future holds....just post what you can spare and we can make arrangements to pick it up.

Don't look for me to soften up and go my pudding on you,I'll still bust chops when needed,and express opinions.I was never here to run a popularity contest,just did my thing and let the chips fall where they fall.

Fans are fun to deal with,they make my world go 'round,so don't stop busting my chops either.

Now about that food.......
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

Poor Gerry V, reduced to eating baloney and sock sandwiches.

Wish you were part of the TV broadcast.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    good luck man

Good Luck. Hope you are able to find another Sports gig here.

Wishing you good luck Gerry.

WE WANT V NOT JOHN D! WE WANT V NOT JOHN D! Good luck V man.

No socks or baloney, but there is some free gravel here: http://neworleans.craigslist.org/zip/

Good luck, though.

I thought the donations made from this site were going into your 401k? Please tell me you didn't use that for the facebook IPO release =/

On a serious note V, Good luck, you were one of the few who responded to the fans and looked beyond the obvious numbers.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    Thought i would reach out and see if any of you guys have any spare food layin around? Don't need much,just enough t nibble on.My run doing Hornets games is over..21 years of covering the NBA...over 16 years of talk radio...Also if you have any ole shoes and socks....and a pillow. Who knows what the future holds....just post what you can spare and we can make arrangements to pick it up.

Don't look for me to soften up and go my pudding on you,I'll still bust chops when needed,and express opinions.I was never here to run a popularity contest,just did my thing and let the chips fall where they fall.

Fans are fun to deal with,they make my world go 'round,so don't stop busting my chops either.

Now about that food.......
    Came out of semi-posting-retirement to say good luck and you will be missed if you move on to another market.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Looking to stay in NOLA,family was born and raised here,don't want to get my assed kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by spongey View Post
    Came out of semi-posting-retirement to say good luck and you will be missed if you move on to another market.
    Spongey - wow, a name from the past. Long time!

Wishing you the best, V.

Big fan.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    It would be a tragedy if Fletcher can work in this town but Gerry can't!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    It would be a tragedy if Fletcher can work in this town but Gerry can't!
    It is tragedy that Fletcher works in any sports capacity anywhere.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Gerry - I've been listening to you since I was 11 years old in the early 90's as a kid in Charlotte, NC. You, Gil, and Steve Martin are the voices that brought me to love the Hornets and still do 24 years later. Hopefully Gil can join Steve back in Charlotte when the Bobcats become the Hornets again and hopefully you will always be connected to this franchise, no matter the location, name or ownership.

Here's to you Gerry V!

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Spongey - wow, a name from the past. Long time!
    always lurking, just don't post much anymore Super excited about the brow this year.

Good luck V-Man, glad youre staying in NOLA but we dont like bums so I hope I dont see you on the corner begging but if you do I'll hook you up with a sign.

V got me actually interested in listening to talk radio. So much that his show was the first I have ever called into. Someone better hire you for a sports job around town, Gerry. You are too good for us to lose to another city.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

V, despite the recent announcements, I think there's really a huge void in solid basketball/sports talk around here. I hope you get a great opportunity.

And as far as food, I have some Manda roast beef slices in the fridge. It doesn't smell right, but I think it's still ok to eat.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

I'm hungry too...

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spongey View Post
    Woah, spongey! Blast from the past.

Anyway, good luck V. Always enjoyed your post game shows on the way home. Thanks again for giving me tickets to that first game against the Jazz in '02, unforgettable.

AD for MVP 2016! pmarpelicansfan's Avatar
    We should start a "WE WANT GERRY V ON NOLA TV" protest!!!

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Best of luck to you, Gerry. Hopefully, you get a good gig really soon. You are entertaining and talented.

You'll be fine Gerry V. I know you'll find a good gig. I'm just worried about the pizza you owe me.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Always enjoyed listening to you on my way home from work. You were very insightful and I'm sick to see that Deshaizer is taking your spot. good luck and thanks V.

Thread Information