.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 124

Thread: It's official...Bob and Gil are no longer the Hornets TV crew

  1. #26
    Fred Hickman & Eric Asher

  2. #27
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Am I the only one who wanted to throw up a little bit when reading this:



    Well we kind of found that out last week. I didn't listen to the radio/online broadcast all that much unless I was on the road headed from Baton Rouge, leaving the home games or the games weren't televised and I'd just listen online but this should be interesting seeing as DeShazier always struck me as someone who never seemed to really like reporting on the Hornets although his articles seemed like an opinion blog mostly. And not to mention he talks with a lisp.

  3. #28
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    What's Avery Johnson up to?

    "They need ta pound the bawl insaaade".

    Evrybody wins.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Am I the only one who wanted to throw up a little bit when reading this:



    DeShazier's voice annoys the crap out of me. I'm sorry, and I know this isn't his fault, but people with bad lisps just shouldn't be announcers (except for Mike Mayock with NFL Network - love that guy). He should just stick to writing.

    Horrible move on the Hornets' part.

  5. #30
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    What's Avery Johnson up to?

    "They need ta pound the bawl insaaade".

    Evrybody wins.
    Please God no! Let him stay WHEREVER the heck he is.

  6. #31
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,787
    This sucks . Ima miss the corny jokes and the BOTTOMS!!!!!!!
    True Love

  7. #32
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,021
    They need to let me do color commentary.

    Think they could use a pseudo-James Earl Jones, Barry White, Hilary Clinton flare in New Orleans radio.

    Edit: I mean George Clinton.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 08-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Tune in on Fridays at 12 noon for Sport-a-Facts with Ro Brown and Wednesdays at 1pm for Sports Revolution to hear me speak my mind on all things Saints and Pelicans related and more.

    Only on WBOK 1230 AM.

    Feel free to PM me for more details.

  8. #33
    Jim Henderson ?? voice of the Saints AND Hornets/Pelicans/Krewe/Basketball Saints/Murder Birds.

  9. #34
    Can I get a hot tub? Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,420
    I never learned a thing about the game of basketball while watching on tv. I'm sorry to see Gerry V leave because he was constantly teaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  10. #35
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Jim Henderson ?? voice of the Saints AND Hornets/Pelicans/Krewe/Basketball Saints/Murder Birds.
    I noticed Henderson is indeed doing work with Fox 8 now. I don't know if I see him doing Hornets though.

  11. #36
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,218
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Please God no! Let him stay WHEREVER the heck he is.
    I keeed. But they might want to bring in some ex NBA new Orleans talent to do no nonsense color. Robert Pack for instance. I'm sure there are more out there.
    Last edited by luckyman; 08-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.

  12. #37
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I keeed. But they might want to bring in some ex NBA new Orleans talent co do no nonsense color. Robert Pack for instance. I'm sure there are more out there.
    I know you keeed. But think about it. Can you imagine Avery's voice and having to listen to it THAT much? OMG. When picking up the remote to mute the tv I just might throw it AT my tv.

  13. #38

  14. #39
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,467
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    DeShazier's voice annoys the crap out of me. I'm sorry, and I know this isn't his fault, but people with bad lisps just shouldn't be announcers (except for Mike Mayock with NFL Network - love that guy). He should just stick to writing.

    Horrible move on the Hornets' part.
    It is not as much his voice that annoys me as his complete lack of knowledge. He has shown repeatedly that he is not up to speed on the NBA. Bad move. Having said that. Bob and Gil needed to go. They were terrible and always have been.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Well we kind of found that out last week. I didn't listen to the radio/online broadcast all that much unless I was on the road headed from Baton Rouge, leaving the home games or the games weren't televised and I'd just listen online but this should be interesting seeing as DeShazier always struck me as someone who never seemed to really like reporting on the Hornets although his articles seemed like an opinion blog mostly. And not to mention he talks with a lisp.
    That's what is so wierd to me about all this. John D talks with a lisp and frankly has a bit of nasaly voice. He's not been very charismatic in the nola.com videos I've seen him in, he doesn't have anything resembling a traditional "radio voice". I'll reserve judgement til I hear him call a game, but that is really an odd choice. He also hasn't been a very good source of basketball information, IMO. Don't understand it.

  16. #41
    Agree with HornetsFan. Their time was done here. Personally, I would keep Gerry V as color analyst and bring in a name play-by-play announcer. But they already parted ways with Gerry V.

    davehornet.

  17. #42
    Charter Member Adam the Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Algiers, USA
    Posts
    971
    New broadcast team announced: Joel Meyers and David Wesley, with Jennifer Hale as the sideline reporter.

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...rt_more_sports
    the Legend has spoken!

  18. #43
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,787
    Tom Benson= Vince McMahon?

  19. #44
    Starter neitzelbaby12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    218
    They were the best commentators ever
    Stay Classy, New Orleans Pelicans

  20. #45
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    New broadcast team announced: Joel Meyers and David Wesley, with Jennifer Hale as the sideline reporter.

    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss...rt_more_sports
    Joel Meyers? I've kind of enjoyed his commenting for the Lakers. David Wesley? Are you serious? LOL. D-Dubb. Where in the world did they find Wesley? I was thinking about Kendall Gill but I thought Benson was keeping away any and everything that ever had anything to do with Charlotte.

  21. #46
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Silverfoxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,787
    this guy knows he is boring....



  22. #47
    Rookie LAedwardo87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    125
    This is depressing... How am I supposed to understand plays without the Mcgregastrator?

  23. #48
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Fred Hickman & Eric Asher
    wow that would be awesome. that's my uncle.

  24. #49
    Hornets fan since 1991 NBALive@TheHive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    381
    Wow, watching Hornets games without Bob & Gil will be weird (at first).

    I'm certainly going to miss Bob yelling out "Bottom!"
    "Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"

    -Homer Simpson

  25. #50
    Meyers and Wesley sound fine, but Hale? About as qualified to do basketball as I am!!

    You work for Mr. B and I guess he takes care of you.

    davehornet.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •