Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's official...Bob and Gil are no longer the Hornets TV crew

It's official...Bob and Gil are no longer the Hornets TV crew

the Legend has spoken!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

I'm not happy about this. I loved listening to Bob & Gil.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Aw man. I agree. They really grew on me the last few years.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    wow, i didnt think things could get better. i was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    wow, i didnt think things could get better. i was wrong.
    lol dude
    Ballin

I didn't mind Bob and Gil so much. But please, please, please, keep guys like Fletcher away from doing any analyzing/coloring of this team. That would be jumping from the frying pan straight into the skillet. Can you imagine? He'd have a silly trade idea thrown up on the screen each and every game.

their schtick got old
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I didn't mind Bob and Gil so much. But please, please, please, keep guys like Fletcher away from doing any analyzing/coloring of this team.
    If Fletcher gets put on anything I think I'll watch games on mute. I don't think I could take 2 hours 2-3 times per week of him ranting about decisions he deems to be bad or hearing him say "Told ya so" ad nauseam. No thanks.
    "Davis is gonna be the best Basketball Player Ever. ......Please quote me." -Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    Aw man. I agree. They really grew on me the last few years.
    this. I had no problem with them. I watch the games to see the team. I really don't need much analysis as I already know a ton about the NBA and its players. They brought a fan feel to commentating. Some analysis with a lot of reaction to the big plays. Farewell Bob and Gil
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I didn't mind Bob and Gil so much. But please, please, please, keep guys like Fletcher away from doing any analyzing/coloring of this team. That would be jumping from the frying pan straight into the skillet. Can you imagine? He'd have a silly trade idea thrown up on the screen each and every game.
    I completely agree. If Fletcher is involved in anyway then this is a BIG step backwards. That guy is clueless. I would hate to have to listen to him during the broadcast. Losing Gerry V sucks. I thought him and shawn kelley would have been great as the TV commentators.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    lol dude
    im sorry it was just horrible to listen to. i honestly would watch the games on mute, sometime listening to the radio for the PBP. bob was fine because all he did was the PBP, but omg i was so tired of gil's not funny jokes.

quick examples from memory: (luther head) "that's a heads up play right there", (foul on juju) "not julian, that's not wright"

it was funny the first one i heard but after listened to that stuff for years it just got old. but i agree with some of you Fletcher would be a lot worse. that dude really doesnt know anything.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 08-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.

I had no real problems with Bob and Gil and I don't like to see people lose their jobs, but it happens and hopefully they will be replaced with a strong crew.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

They might just go outside the market to fill these roles. There really aren't a lot of "basketball" people in the current New Orleans media pool.

I'm never excited about hearing about guys that didn't do anything harmful to others losing their jobs. Wish them well.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thought Gil was pretty sub-par and annoying as a color commentator. Not very insightful and seemed to think his job consisted mainly of making bad puns and lame jokes instead of analyzing what was going on on the floor. Play-by-play was okay. Hope they bring in a real basketball guy who doesn't take his style cues from the moronic chuckleheads on ESPN.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I completely agree. If Fletcher is involved in anyway then this is a BIG step backwards. That guy is clueless. I would hate to have to listen to him during the broadcast. Losing Gerry V sucks. I thought him and shawn kelley would have been great as the TV commentators.
    Please, Please, Please>> I beg of you Tell me that you guys have NOT actually heard Mackerals name brought up & That you only tossed out the fact that you would appreciate if the TEAM DID NOT add Mackeral to the Broadcast booth

Am I the only one who wanted to throw up a little bit when reading this:

The Hornets announced last week that Times-Picayune columnist John DeShazier has been hired to become the team's radio analyst.

Hot Rod Hundley

im sorry it was just horrible to listen to. i honestly would watch the games on mute, sometime listening to the radio for the PBP. bob was fine because all he did was the PBP, but omg i was so tired of gil's not funny jokes.
    Gil: The Knicks need some LINspiration right now.

Bob: OHAHAHAHA OMG HAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Admit it dude. You're going to miss this.

Quote Originally Posted by endlessHIMdark View Post
    Am I the only one who wanted to throw up a little bit when reading this:

NO !

quick examples from memory: (luther head) "that's a heads up play right there", (foul on juju) "not julian, that's not wright"

it was funny the first one i heard but after listened to that stuff for years it just got old. but i agree with some of you Fletcher would be a lot worse. that dude really doesnt know anything.
    agreed lol
    SIGN A SF

Jim Hawthorne & Jordy Hultburg

I just told my daughter about the Hornets cutting Bob and Gil and the first thing she said was "OH MY!! IN YOUR MUG!!" We both just laughed really hard at that. This is where that came from. She and I were at this game and wondered what Bob and Gil had to say about this dunk. When we watched the replay and heard this we cracked up.

Tim Brando & Victor Howell

Thread Information