Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's official...Bob and Gil are no longer the Hornets TV crew

When I heard Hale was in Mass effect, thought that was neat. then I saw she was the female Shepard, which is stupid.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Davis Wesley... come on...
    we should have at least gotten big cat if we were going this route

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Nice upgrade. I'll still miss them though.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    When I heard Hale was in Mass effect, thought that was neat. then I saw she was the female Shepard, which is stupid.
    Not the same person.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Wow! This is great news. I feel bad anytime someone loses their job but Bob and Gil were minor league imo. Gil seems nice at least. Bob is forever dead to me based on how he acted with OKC. Gerry V - meh, not my style at all. Not sure how I feel about Deshazier yet but I don't catch the radio broadcasts anyway.

As for Meyers, this guy is a pro's pro. Very organized and knowledgeable. He knows the game. He did Summer League broadcasts and also does preseason for the Texans. He's very good imo. Not sure about Wesley but he can't be worse than Gil.

Meyers has a major league voice, knowledge of the game. The Hornets under Benson are transforming into a legit organization. Shinn basically ran a AAA franchise from the quality of the coaching staff, front office, to the concessions and announcing talent. Huge step up by Benson. We went from one of the worst, if not the worst, TV commentating teams to a very respectable duo. I think Wesley will do well but he is a bit of an unknown. Only negative is he brings some Charlotte with him, but he's a good guy and spent plenty enough time here to know NOLA.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    YES. BIG upgrade over bob and gil. Gil gave decent insight, but they just got so annoying over time
    Last edited by groundpatty; 08-06-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    Wow! This is great news. I feel bad anytime someone loses their job but Bob and Gil were minor league imo. Gil seems nice at least. Bob is forever dead to me based on how he acted with OKC. Gerry V - meh, not my style at all. Not sure how I feel about Deshazier yet but I don't catch the radio broadcasts anyway.

As for Meyers, this guy is a pro's pro. Very organized and knowledgeable. He knows the game. He did Summer League broadcasts and also does preseason for the Texans. He's very good imo. Not sure about Wesley but he can't be worse than Gil.

Meyers has a major league voice, knowledge of the game. The Hornets under Benson are transforming into a legit organization. Shinn basically ran a AAA franchise from the quality of the coaching staff, front office, to the concessions and announcing talent. Huge step up by Benson. We went from one of the worst, if not the worst, TV commentating teams to a very respectable duo. I think Wesley will do well but he is a bit of an unknown. Only negative is he brings some Charlotte with him, but he's a good guy and spent plenty enough time here to know NOLA.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Now they just need a legit name~

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Now they just need a legit name~
    how about, the unknowns?

I loved Gil. He was like a lovable John Madden. He'd state the most obvious things in the games. I thought it was hilarious. He'd say something to the effect of "When you make the bucket and there's lots of contact, its always nice to get the opportunity for an extra basket". Or when he would talk as if he were talking to the players. That was awesome. "C'mon big fella, we can get through this".
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

NOOO i loved them!!!!!

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Here's some more Joel Meyers:

^^That was fun. CP had like 21 assists in that game.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    I just want to say that some of these posts here are just classic funny. Thanks for the laugh guys.

Oh my God, Bastila is now on the Hornets broadcast team? 'Tis a glorious day. But I'll miss Bob and Gil.

vid of joel meyers interviewing dell from SL in this article

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...t-1/index.html

I like it alot. I couldn't stand both Gil and Bob. Seemed like two idiots that didn't know alot. Especially hated when they would talk about a player on the other team in a good or bad way, only for that player to light up more than they would usually. It seemed like they would always jinx a player at the free throw line. I know that's kind of crazy, but every time one would say something about a player at the line it would aggravate me big time. But I really liked Gerry V and wish he would of been the other analyst on the TV broadcast over Gil. Bob wasn't that bad, but Gil would aggravate me for some reason. Don't know why, but I couldn't stand Gil. LOL!

no.............................

i love the moves. except for maybe Wesley, but color guys are usually there for comic relief anyway.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Meyers seems like a pretty respected guy, and its exciting to get a known name. Don't know how David Wesley will do, but it is cool to have a former Hornet announcing either way. Big upgrades IMO.
    @DanielVeuleman

Meyers is one of the reasons I have enjoyed watching Laker games late at night on NBA League Pass in seasons past. I like this addition to the telecast quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    i love the moves. except for maybe Wesley, but color guys are usually there for comic relief anyway.
    Well, they are there to provide insight to whats really going on besides the obvious from the pbp. The whys and hows from the pbp whats.

Gil actually did a good job with that in between the pun barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Meyers is one of the reasons I have enjoyed watching Laker games late at night on NBA League Pass in seasons past. I like this addition to the telecast quite a bit.
    +1
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    http://www.nba.com/video/games/blaze...Demps_intv.nba

Here's our new announcer interviewing Dell Demps... And I think Chris Webber is there too. Sorry if already posted.

Thread Information