Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: WWL Is the New Radio Home for the Hornets

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    Maybe Gerry V will take Victor Howell's job? Or maybe some kind of in-studio analyst for the new station.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    V just made a twitter post like 12 minutes ago, I'd say the fact that he's been quiet could mean there is another announcement coming, so he just needs to be quiet for now until something is "official."

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    This is giant news guys. WWL is the big boys. This brings the Hornets to the masses and creates fans all over the Gulf Coast. Massive news.
    Gulf Coast? Try the lower 48...I listened (long before the internet) to a Buddy D post-game show in Montana one cold clear winter night

I'd take the V man over John D ANY DAY!... I hope V is involved some kind of way.....

I think people are underestimating how big this is. This is something that can solidify a long term and widespread fanbase over the course of a decade or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I think people are underestimating how big this is. This is something that can solidify a long term and widespread fanbase over the course of a decade or two.
    I totally agree. Kids in Mississippi, Alabama, etc will grow up listening to Hornet games.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    WW, WW, WWL Yeah!

Ticket sales will go up this year.

Dennis Lauscha is on WWL right now. This is a 7M person market when you include the gulf south. Champion Square will be used for Hornets game and the practice facility will be announced soon.

WE WANT V! WE WANT V NOT JOHN D! WWL is great!!! John D.. not so much. I find him to be very "doom and gloom"

I am too excited right now.
    "Times are not good here. The city is crumbling into ashes. It has been buried under taxes and frauds and maladministraions so that it has become a study for archaeologists...but it is better to live here in sackcloth and ashes than to own the whole state of Ohio."

— Lafcadio Hearn (Inventing New Orleans: Writings of Lafcadio Hearn)

I'd rather V on television.

Saints training camp is going on right now and the first preseason game is tomorrow and so far all the talk on WWL has been on the Hornets. I think it is great. I am a Saints fan too, but I love the fact that the Hornets are getting talked about. In the past, the Horents are playing a playoff game and the discussion has been who do you think the Saints will draft.

Great news
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Maybe V will be a Color Analyst on FSNewOrleans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

My only concern/question is... are Hokie and Bobby capable of Hornets talk? I almost typed "intelligent hornets talk," but I already know the answer to that.

Hoke and Bobby no but Deke actually knows BBall as much as i hate to say it cause he is sort of a "deke" most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    My only concern/question is... are Hokie and Bobby capable of Hornets talk? I almost typed "intelligent hornets talk," but I already know the answer to that.
    They covered the draft and talked offseason a few times. They did a better job then I thought they would.

Quote Originally Posted by geaux View Post
    Oh god I hope we don't try that plz give the hornets a separate team lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    They covered the draft and talked offseason a few times. They did a better job then I thought they would.
    Yea i'll give em credit since benson bought the team it does seem like they are trying a little harder to cover the hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by NOProblemsolver View Post
    Maybe V will be a Color Analyst on FSNewOrleans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I'm hoping for. V has the knowledge and the ability to educate the viewers who aren't familiar with the Hornets and NBA.

Starter
    V does sports I believe on Fox 8, Benson's station. So he's in the fold, I'd assume he'll be on TV in some capacity. I hope he is.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    John D is kinda underwhelming as a columnist but maybe he's better as a basketball color guy. And given that I haven't heard a peep about Gerry V, I really think he's gonna be on TV.

No way he's completely pushed out entirely.

only guys i listen to for hornets news is the sports hangover and hornets 247 podcast. Can someone provide more guys and times they come on for?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The Franchise Contributor wopester's Avatar
    During his last few radio shows, Gerry V made several hints about being part of the new TV package.

Thread Information