Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hornets Agree to Terms with Roger Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    Our lineup is crazy! If the guys develop to what we hope and reach the expectations that there set to reach, we maybe have a championship squad
    lol WELCOME BACK TRELL!!!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    lol WELCOME BACK TRELL!!!!!
    What you mean? Been here bro.. Lok
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Looking like a season. How u?

Very curious to see how this team comes together on the court.

Starter
    He can also play PG. He did it for the Wizards back when Arenas first went down. The Wizards made the playoffs that year with him at the PG.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    He's a high volume 3 point shooter. Unlike Belinelli, Mason will not hesitate to shoot.
    Unlike beli???????????

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Unlike beli???????????
    Yes, Belinelli has a habit of becoming trigger shy as the game goes on.

Mason had a really good few game stretch in washington last year where he put up big numbers night after night.. then settle back down to his normal self..

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/roger_...ame_stats.html

Had some solid games last season when given the minutes. Great game against us on March 15 in only 19 minutes.

He's the missing link! Our Savior! CHAMPIONSHIP!

not bad for one yr min deal

Aint this guy like 38 ? Seems like he been in the league 4eva
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 08-01-2012 at 05:33 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I swear I thought I was confusing him with another player named George Mason for the longest...until I realized that's just the name of a college that had one good NCAA Tournament run nearly 8 years ago.

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon/Mason
    Anderson/Aminu/Henry/Miller
    Davis/Thomas/Warrick
    Lopez/Smith

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Aint this like 38 ? Seems like he been in the league 4eva
    He'll be 32 on September 10th. Not too bad.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Do you follow Mason or just trying to be funny? I would take Belinelli over Mason 10 out of 10 times. Belly was a bargain for the Bulls at less than $ 2 million. I would assume Mason is just getting veteran minimum (as we are over the cap). Anything more would be a waste.
    No, I don't really follow Mason, but I did watch every game the past 2 seasons thst Bellinelli was here, and I know that he did NOT help out our team. I watched him miss enough open threes to know that me, and almost everyone I know would scream NO!!! everytime he took an open shot.

Now don't get me wrong here, I love that he always gave it his all, always put the team first, and was a very hard worker, but he really didn't help out our team. I don't know if your read Ryan Schwann's article on 247 about him, but there's all the statistical information to back up my point. And you can't tell me that during the Lakers series if he had been even average that we wouldn't have beat them. He missed open threes over and over again causing them to basically leave him open and double Paul, and he allowed their worst offensive player Artest/World Peace to eat us alive.
    Not disrespecting the man, just saying we are better off without him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    He'll be 32 on September 10th. Not too bad.
    Dude just 32? Damn I think it's the whole San Antonio Spurs connection, they make everyone look older.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    called it!

Welcome Roger - great to have a wahoo on the Hornets to cheer for, even if he'll only play sparingly.

WAHOOWAH!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
    No, I don't really follow Mason, but I did watch every game the past 2 seasons thst Bellinelli was here, and I know that he did NOT help out our team. I watched him miss enough open threes to know that me, and almost everyone I know would scream NO!!! everytime he took an open shot.

Now don't get me wrong here, I love that he always gave it his all, always put the team first, and was a very hard worker, but he really didn't help out our team. I don't know if your read Ryan Schwann's article on 247 about him, but there's all the statistical information to back up my point. And you can't tell me that during the Lakers series if he had been even average that we wouldn't have beat them. He missed open threes over and over again causing them to basically leave him open and double Paul, and he allowed their worst offensive player Artest/World Peace to eat us alive.
    Not disrespecting the man, just saying we are better off without him.
    Beli is very inconsistent. He's never been as good as you would think, but Mason on the other is atleast known for being able to knock down a three more so than Beli.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    not bad for one yr min deal
    Is that confirmed? I hope that is the case. I read that he was looking for a multi-year deal above the minimum. I would hope we did not do that.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Is that confirmed? I hope that is the case. I read that he was looking for a multi-year deal above the minimum. I would hope we did not do that.
    If we gave him a multi year deal I will be ******

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Beli is very inconsistent. He's never been as good as you would think, but Mason on the other is atleast known for being able to knock down a three more so than Beli.
    I'm biased, but Mason is a definite upgrade over Beli.

Not too thrilled with this signing, but......

a- We needed a shooter
    b- It's a one-year deal
    c- I trust Demps

Hopefully he signed for minimum.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I'm biased, but Mason is a definite upgrade over Beli.
    Not at all IMO (not to mention Belli is much younger). However, he will fill a role that we need filling at an inexpensive price.

Not at all IMO (not to mention Belli is much younger). However, he will fill a role that we need filling at an inexpensive price.
    Ok after comparing their stats - I let my UVA-bias & my extreme dislike of Belli cloud that comment. Belli's average was much higher than Mason's BUT he's also been playing many more minutes - their percentages are virtually even.

Mason's age is not a negative, we need some more vets on this team and he'll only be here for 1 year in all likelihood anyway.

Honestly I was just so tired of Belli and I think Mason is a smarter player that won't cause nearly as much heartburn.

He's got a smooth stroke, he's versatile & plays a position of need for us right now, and he's a team player. I'm happy to have him.
    Last edited by neworleanshoo; 08-01-2012 at 05:24 PM.

will he be able to fill in for eric gordon for about 30 games next year???

queue the Gordon lovers defending his injury history...

but in all seriousness a solid end of the rotation guy, still think we need a more solid back up sg as opposed to a 12th man like roger mason

Thread Information