Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013-2014 DRAFT

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Looking at the draft, we would need to be around the top 7 to get a quality starter right off the bat. The next draft is a lot more top heavy than this year's, with more potential stars but less depth of surefire quality players. Anyone who would take Shabazz over Nerlens (By the way, greatest names ever), is patently insane. We have a potential lockdown defender and above average rebounder at the 3 in AFA but have no potential savior at the center position (Anderson is a perfect 6th man and Davis' potential would be limited at the 5). Davis and Nerlens would be the best young frontcourt since..... well they would have no precedent (except maybe Olajuwon and Sampson before Sampson got hurt), they would have the potential to be the greatest frontcourt ever (potenial is an important part of that statement). I'm going out on a limb and saying we won't get the chance to draft Nerlens however, so my next favorite prospect is Steve Adams. He is a phenomenal player (look him up, please) with a great personality and would fit in great with this team.

Disclaimer: this thread is far too early and everything that I and anyone else says will probably dramatically change by the time any of this matters.
    Yeah but what of Noel turns out like Oden and Shabazz turn out like Durant
    And wasnt that same backcourt was suppose to happen with Aldrige and Oden
    Also didnt Brandon Roy stay injured alot just like Gordon is now
    Ballin

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    Where are you, and everyone else, getting this idea? We have Gordon and Davis. That's it. A great project at PG (Rivers). A serviceable backup, who will start (Vasquez). Aminu and Miller at the 3. Lopez and Smith at the 5. This is a rebuilding year, we won't make the playoffs. We will be in the lottery.
    If you look at my post, I said if we are drafting 8 through 14 (those are lottery positions)
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
    Where are you, and everyone else, getting this idea? We have Gordon and Davis. That's it. A great project at PG (Rivers). A serviceable backup, who will start (Vasquez). Aminu and Miller at the 3. Lopez and Smith at the 5. This is a rebuilding year, we won't make the playoffs. We will be in the lottery.
    I guess Ryan Anderson doesn't exist anymore

people losing faith in aminu anger me, he is gonna avg around 13pt 8reb and 2blocks next year, and gonna get better, telling u hes the next josh smith, we dont need too many scorers with gordon rivers anderson and i believe davis will be a good scorer

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    telling u hes the next josh smith
    And X is the next Kobe...

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    people losing faith in aminu anger me, he is gonna avg around 13pt 8reb and 2blocks next year, and gonna get better, telling u hes the next josh smith, we dont need too many scorers with gordon rivers anderson and i believe davis will be a good scorer
    Aminu is Josh Smith? Wow! And where do you get the numbers 13/8/2 from? According to Basketball Reference only one of the 500 players from last season averaged at least 2 blocks, 8 boards, and 13 points per game; Dwight Howard.
    If he could average those numbers then you'd imagine that he wouldn't have a problem having a high USG% being one of the best players on his Olympic team playing against non NBA talent right?
    He averaged 13/5/1 in the qualifying rounds against the teams that didn't make it into the olympics.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I think were good with Aminu also. We have scorers in Gordon Anderson Rivers and Davis can easily use quickness on slow defenders. Aminu gives us some ruggedness. Also, he is a good athlete! We will run the floor pretty well this year.

I don't get why no one is thinking about Cody Zeller? He can run the floor almost as well as the older Zeller, has a great offensive arsenal, and is a legit 7 feet.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I don't get why no one is thinking about Cody Zeller? He can run the floor almost as well as the older Zeller, has a great offensive arsenal, and is a legit 7 feet.
    Because he will most likely be the number one pick

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFan1 View Post
    surely a top 3 pick, depending on how Shabazz and Noel play

I know, but people are talking about Bazz and Noel as possible picks. I think that we could end up with a top 3 pick, just not likely. I think that Zeller and Davis would make a better pair than Davis and Noel. If not Zeller, than Gorbet or Adams.

I don't understand where everyone is getting "potential lockdown defender" from? I didn't think Aminu looked too hot after the USA game the other day. You can say "he's playing against top NBA talent" but wouldn't you expect better out of a "potential lockdown defender"? Just thinking aloud here.

A more realistic player to look for in the draft next year maybe small forward Adonis Thomas out of Memphis. Highly recruited player from last years freshman class who could of came out this past year. Probably a good idea that he didn't considering where Perry Jones III and Quincy Miller were picked. Would of loved if we could of moved up to select Quincy Miller this past draft. I believe the Nuggets got a steal in Miller in the second round. One draft sight compared Thomas to Andre Iguodala which maybe a bit of a stretch, but you never know. Him or maybe James McAdoo out of North Carolina or Tony Mitchell out of North Texas could be another couple of players I would be happy with next year. Alot of things can happen next year though. This time last year Dion Waiters or Damian Lillard were not seen as top ten picks.

Looking at next years draft though, I would love to trade it with some players like Aminu and/or Smith for a legit small forward at the deadline. With players like Andre Iguodala or Josh Smith becoming free agents next year, I would love to make a move for either one, if they are willing to sign an extension with us. Next years draft is pretty lacking depth wise and would love to turn that pick into a legit starting small forward. Unless our record is pretty horrible come the trade deadline, then I may reconsider moving the pick.
    Last edited by RekesNotWeak; 08-05-2012 at 02:40 AM.

nerlens will be a bust

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I don't understand where everyone is getting "potential lockdown defender" from? I didn't think Aminu looked too hot after the USA game the other day. You can say "he's playing against top NBA talent" but wouldn't you expect better out of a "potential lockdown defender"? Just thinking aloud here.
    That was ONE game against the best team in the world! Nigeria is nowhere near the level of the US. Stop sitting on one game and live in the real world; he will be a good defender. Do not tell me that kobe lebron durant or anyone on team US play perfect all the time thats a bs argument. Aminu went against the best; he wasnt prepared for the moment. Stop overreacting it drives me nuts!!!!! For every lebron there are 4 arizas in the nba...

Aminu just isn't cutting it for me. This season is make or break for him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That was ONE game against the best team in the world! Nigeria is nowhere near the level of the US. Stop sitting on one game and live in the real world; he will be a good defender. Do not tell me that kobe lebron durant or anyone on team US play perfect all the time thats a bs argument. Aminu went against the best; he wasnt prepared for the moment. Stop overreacting it drives me nuts!!!!! For every lebron there are 4 arizas in the nba...
    I'm not relating all of Aminus potential off of the US game. What I'm asking is, where are y'all getting "the potential lock down player" from? Everyone in the NBA has the potential to do something, that's why they are there. I believe Aminu will be a quality player that will contribute greatly, but I don't think he's going to be that defensive stud everyone makes him out to be. If I'm wrong, hell I'll admit it. But for me personally, for players like Aminu I'll set the bar at something realistic hoping hell get there, rather than setting it high and being super disappointed when he doesn't reach that bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nsingh93 View Post
    I'm not relating all of Aminus potential off of the US game. What I'm asking is, where are y'all getting "the potential lock down player" from? Everyone in the NBA has the potential to do something, that's why they are there. I believe Aminu will be a quality player that will contribute greatly, but I don't think he's going to be that defensive stud everyone makes him out to be. If I'm wrong, hell I'll admit it. But for me personally, for players like Aminu I'll set the bar at something realistic hoping hell get there, rather than setting it high and being super disappointed when he doesn't reach that bar.

This.

I would be so psyched if we got Mcadoo!!! As a UNC fan, I can tell that he will be a stud and could play both SF and PF. He is more of a PF though. He is very athletic and has a super smooth game with an old school vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    I would be so psyched if we got Mcadoo!!! As a UNC fan, I can tell that he will be a stud and could play both SF and PF. He is more of a PF though. He is very athletic and has a super smooth game with an old school vibe to it.
    As a UNC fan, how much do you think he can play the SF? Ball handle? 3 point? Defense?

As a UNC fan, how much do you think he can play the SF? Ball handle? 3 point? Defense?
    He will be playing PF this season, but has some attributes that would allow him to be a SF. Great defender, interrupts lanes for fast break points, stronger than most SF's but still has their speed. Not a very good 3 point shooter. Very good handles for his size, pretty good for a SF. He has a go to move. Only thing I would worry about for him is his shot, which will get better. We didn't see him much last year, because of Henson and Zeller, but when he played he showed how good he can be at SF or PF.

Thread Information