.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 121

Thread: 2012-2013 Roster Taking Shape...What's left?

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I hope we look at Delfino

  2. #52
    Rivers has skills you can't teach but there are still quite a few flaws to his game.

    I have complete faith he can overcome these coz of his age, work ethic and desire to be with the Hornets.

    It might take him till 22or23 but he'll get there.

  3. #53
    I agree about shooting guard. I think any further signees are going to be one-year deals. Willie Green would bring a nice veteran leadership quality and would be an extension of Williams on the court. Would be great to have for this upcoming season. The only player I see them signing to a multi-year deal at SG would be Brandon Rush, who as a restricted free agent would want multiple years on a contract. Would love to do a sign-and-trade involving Warrick (they previously were interested in Landry and need a backup PF) to get Rush, who could back up both the 2 and 3. Any other signings I expect to be one-year deals to free up cap room for next season.

  4. #54
    R.I.P Aussie_Hornet AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,069
    Can we trade Warrick already?
    Don't we have to wait a certain amount of time?

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I doubt we come close to being the 8th seed, i see us winning 45 games at most, if everything goes right, I know this team will be amazing but we have sooo much unproven-ess I dont see us doing too much
    You know the Thunder won 47 games last year as the 2 seed and the Jazz had the 8th seed at 36 wins. I think if that team was healthy last year, we may have came close to the playoffs. That's just how good I believe Eric Gordon can be for this team. A healthy Okafor, Ariza, Gordon, Landry, and Kaman playing all year, could of possibly been good enough for 15 more wins. Really, really glad that didn't happen though, LOL!

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    You know the Thunder won 47 games last year as the 2 seed and the Jazz had the 8th seed at 36 wins. I think if that team was healthy last year, we may have came close to the playoffs. That's just how good I believe Eric Gordon can be for this team. A healthy Okafor, Ariza, Gordon, Landry, and Kaman playing all year, could of possibly been good enough for 15 more wins. Really, really glad that didn't happen though, LOL!
    the thunder won 47 games in a 66 game season..not an 82 one

  7. #57
    wahoo Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,301
    i think the final piece will be Roger Mason Jr. Wahoowah.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    i think the final piece will be Roger Mason Jr. Wahoowah.
    i am hoping for michael redd but i am expecting willie green

  9. #59
    Hornets fan from NJ! Vinny6420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    You know the Thunder won 47 games last year as the 2 seed and the Jazz had the 8th seed at 36 wins. I think if that team was healthy last year, we may have came close to the playoffs. That's just how good I believe Eric Gordon can be for this team. A healthy Okafor, Ariza, Gordon, Landry, and Kaman playing all year, could of possibly been good enough for 15 more wins. Really, really glad that didn't happen though, LOL!
    But we have a lot less experience now, and that was a 66 game season...
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks


    RIP HunnyB

    This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

  10. #60
    Wouldn't't it be something to bring back CP3 and DWest next year...both are free agents...and go for a title?

  11. #61
    the only think thats left is a free agent small foward......and that signing is coming next year ( hope iggy opts out next year ). I think general greivis steps up and earns the starting point guard job and signs a 3 year 12-16 million dollar contract next year , riviers slides into that jason terry role off the bench. then we compete for a championship in year two of iggy #dreams come true

  12. #62
    Would rather Rudy Gay than Iguodala but still intrigued with CP3, Stephon Curry, or Brandon Jennings at the point. All are free agents next year. If we can get one of those 5, would be great.

  13. #63
    I would rather Iggy he played lock down Defense he'll be able to teach aminu some things plus rudy gay scores...we have people who love to score EJ and AR

  14. #64
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,760
    Rather take Iggy easily over Gay. Much superior player overall. And he's cheaper.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  15. #65
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,760
    A long-term lineup of Davis, Anderson, Iggy, Gordon, and Rivers could be staggering.

    Iggy also improved his shooting this past season. A very good SF.

  16. #66
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,340
    I can't imagine why anyone would want gay over Iggy.
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  17. #67
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,760
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I can't imagine why anyone would want gay over Iggy.
    Because he puts up alot of points. People don't realize how many shots per game he has to take to put up those numbers even on a really good team. He's a very inefficient scorer.

  18. #68
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    11,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Because he puts up alot of points. People don't realize how many shots per game he has to take to put up those numbers even on a really good team. He's a very inefficient scorer.
    Yeah if you only look at points scored. iggy does a lot more for the team.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Because he puts up alot of points. People don't realize how many shots per game he has to take to put up those numbers even on a really good team. He's a very inefficient scorer.
    His fg percentage is 45%. Wouldn't mind him on our team.

  20. #70
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,760
    Quote Originally Posted by BRHORNETSFAN View Post
    His fg percentage is 45%. Wouldn't mind him on our team.
    He shoots alot of shots in general. He averaged 19 pts per game on 16 shots which is not that good. He wasn't a good 3-point shooter and doesn't get to the FT that much. Iggy doesn't score as much, but our team has Gordon already who can score while Iggy can do everything else like pass, rebound, and defend.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He shoots alot of shots in general. He averaged 19 pts per game on 16 shots which is not that good. He wasn't a good 3-point shooter and doesn't get to the FT that much. Iggy doesn't score as much, but our team has Gordon already who can score while Iggy can do everything else like pass, rebound, and defend.
    If a guy shoots 45%, it doesn't matter how much he shoots. I'm not sure how 45% is not that good; he shot better than Kobe last year. Last year he was 4th in FG% among small forwards, scored 7 more points per game than Iggy and got to the line more than him as well. The only statistical category that I saw Iggy better than Gay was assists. Gay is also 3 years younger than Iggy. I think you'd experience some drop off in man defense with Gay over Iggy but he had slightly better rebounding numbers, steals, as well as a big margin in points plus he's 2 inches taller.... and we know how much Monty wants length.

  22. #72
    We would have to trade for Gay's bad contract if that is the player we want. Where Iggy could be a free agent. The Player everyone is forgetting about is Josh Smith. I think if Atlanta has a bad start he maybe be available @ the trade deadline.

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by rash73 View Post
    We would have to trade for Gay's bad contract if that is the player we want. Where Iggy could be a free agent. The Player everyone is forgetting about is Josh Smith. I think if Atlanta has a bad start he maybe be available @ the trade deadline.
    Josh Smith is a dynamic player but what position do you put him at when he comes here. Doesn't he play the 4 primarily? If Anthony Davis is our starter there, I don't see us bringing in Smith. I do agree about Gay's contract being bad though. That would be the only reason that I wouldn't do that deal unless we're really close to challenging for a top seed in the west.

  24. #74
    I choose Delfino any given day. Excellent game of Argentina. Delfino scored 20 points, 6-9 shooting from three, in just 22 minutes.
    Argentina 102 - Lithuania 79
    http://static.sportresult.com/fiba-l...t=6232&game=12
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by BRHORNETSFAN View Post
    Josh Smith is a dynamic player but what position do you put him at when he comes here. Doesn't he play the 4 primarily? If Anthony Davis is our starter there, I don't see us bringing in Smith. I do agree about Gay's contract being bad though. That would be the only reason that I wouldn't do that deal unless we're really close to challenging for a top seed in the west.
    Agreed. Josh Smith would be a poor fit on our team. And I'm definitely not a fan of taking on Gay's terrible contract. Deng or Iggy would be much more viable options.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •