Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Roster Taking Shape...What's left?

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    that possibility doesnt exist anymore since we are over the cap now i believe
    Don't we have the bird rights for him though?
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I think we renounced our rights to Landry and Marco a while back for some move.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Oh damn, true, true, crap I forgot about that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    yea we renounced their rights but still could do a sign and trade since we were under the cap...but now we are over it

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Oh damn, true, true, crap I forgot about that :/
    btw i just noticed that you are a hornets fan from nj...so am i!!!!!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Backup SG is our biggest need left. Maybe a veteran SF.

Also doubt Bowles will make the final roster. Maybe tc invite, but that's it.
    I'm going to bring up a name that has been mentioned many times in the past....its someone who Williams/Demps apparently like and we almost had him at one time....I don't know if we could swing it or not, but he might actually satisfy both positions as/if needed....what about Brandon Rush? (and I realize he is a RFA).
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    btw i just noticed that you are a hornets fan from nj...so am i!!!!!
    There are very few of us, im from Linden

There are very few of us, im from Linden
    I lived in Linden when I was very, very young....born in Summit and also lived in Westfield, Cranford, and Elizabeth....

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I lived in Linden when I was very, very young....born in Summit and also lived in Westfield, Cranford, and Elizabeth....
    Elizabeth is following Newarks suit in terms of being a bad area, and Linden is following Elizabeth's suit, its getting bad... honestly I think its the ignorance the media instills in the youth that causes them to want to act "hood" and "gangster"....

Elizabeth is following Newarks suit in terms of being a bad area, and Linden is following Elizabeth's suit, its getting bad... honestly I think its the ignorance the media instills in the youth that causes them to want to act "hood" and "gangster"....
    I won't even tell you how many years I'm going back, Vinny anyway, as a return to the topic, Brandon Rush does intrigue me...

I'm going to bring up a name that has been mentioned many times in the past....its someone who Williams/Demps apparently like and we almost had him at one time....I don't know if we could swing it or not, but he might actually satisfy both positions as/if needed....what about Brandon Rush? (and I realize he is a RFA).
    Rush would be perfect if we could somehow make room for him.

New Providence

We've lost masses of veteran leadership, no chance we make the playoffs next season.

Whether or not we make the playoffs, this team is going to be fun and competitive next year. It's going to be a fun team to watch next year, no matter the result.

The Franchise
    Maybe we could send Warrick and Henry for Rush. The warriors get 2 expirings and they were looking at Landry so it seems they want a Backup PF.

The Franchise
    If we have this roster I think we make waves.
    Vasquez, Rivers, Roberts
    Gordon, Rush, Rivers
    Amino, Thomas, Miller
    Davis, Anderson, Smith
    Lopez, Whiteside, Bowles (Bowles is our bubble boy)

We can make the playoffs with this team if we play up to our potential Aminu could be a lock down defender we know E.J is a scoring machine when healthy and honestly Vasquez is better than J.Jack. J.smith is better then alot of people think(only true hornets fans know that) AD23 is small right now but that doesn't mean he cant be successful Ex: Marcus camby, Kevin Garnet, and Tim Duncan (he's a better athlete then all 3) Ryan Anderson,A.Rivers, and Robin Lopez will fit it very good and get their minutes...I feel D.Mill will become a better james jones....I think we will be fine.

I don't see warrick staying on the team...I really hope X.Henry comes on strong because he has alot of potential and he is only 21

Don't expect too much from Henry. I think Hornets staff know they are limited this year with Lewis's contract. Looking ahead to 2013-2014...

PG: Vasquez, Rivers
    SG: Gordon
    SF: Aminu, Miller
    PF: Davis, Anderson, Thomas
    C: Lopez, Smith

That is 10 players signed for a total of 40 million leaving 20 million for next year's class. Could be increased to almost 24 million if don't pick up Aminu's option. Add 1-2 studs to these 10 and 2 draft picks and can start approaching contending status.

We are putting a lot of pressure on our young guys though, you guys are making it seem like Rivers already has the ball handling guard spot down and everything, it takes time, and Davis is still a little underweight for the NBA, I think he will be effective nonetheless but i think we will be greatly improved from the season coming up to the next season after that.
    Lol nobody is saying they are going to be a legitimate playoff team. I think the consensual view is that the 7th-8th seed in the West is their peak.

That means a lot of things have to go right. EJ has to actually play, Aminu has to develop into a lock down defender and knock down open shots, Rivers has to be able to sufficiently plays at the 1 and stay healthy, Davis has to be a difference maker (at least on the defensive side) from Day 1, etc.

I'm not saying any of these things are going to happen. But if the majority of them do, a low seed is not out of question. That's why I said peak, and not projection.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-28-2012 at 01:51 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I hope we look at Delfino

When A.Rivers become a better facilitator this team will be dominant because both him and EJ can penetrate and our bigs can bring others bigs away from the paint with their shooting ability. If we plan on being a lock down defense I think we should start A.Rivers E.J Aminu AD23 and RoLo but if we're trying to be a offense dominated team I say Vasquez Ej Ryan Anderson AD23 and Jason Smith(who is wildly underated)

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Lol nobody is saying they are going to be a legitimate playoff team. I think the consensual view is that the 7th-8th seed in the West is their peak.

That means a lot of things have to go right. EJ has to actually play, Aminu has to develop into a lock down defender and knock down open shots, Rivers has to be able to sufficiently plays at the 1 and stay healthy, Davis has to be a difference maker (at least on the defensive side) from Day 1, etc.

I'm not saying any of these things are going to happen. But if the majority of them do, a low seed is not out of question. That's why I said peak, and not projection.
    I doubt we come close to being the 8th seed, i see us winning 45 games at most, if everything goes right, I know this team will be amazing but we have sooo much unproven-ess I dont see us doing too much

I really hope Henry steps up this year as a back up 2 or 3 ! He has that potential! I believe in his shooting ability with his form. He could shoot that corner 3 for us and throw some fouls. Nice for a back up.
    I believe in you X, but it's up to you !!!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I think we sign one of 3 players to a 1-yr contract as a backup SG with our current cap situation. In order of preference: Michael Redd, Willie Green, or Roger Mason.

Thread Information