Pelicans Report

Thread: We should of got Patty Mills

We should of got Patty Mills

I don't have anything against Rivers, but i reckon if i had my way again i would of signed Patty Mills and drafted someone else besides Rivers.

His performance in the Olympics is great and he shows great leadership.
    He scored 20 points against Brazil and China, a amazing 39 points against Great Britain 30 more points then loul dang
    And hit the buzzer beater upset against Russia who were undefeated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAg9F9uY5SY

I know im going to get hate for this, but seriously he is a star waiting to happen.

Also a notable mention. His First start in an NBA game he scored 34 points and 12 assists.

Wow! He is a legit sleeper in the NBA.

The Franchise
    I don't know about star, but he is serious value waiting to happen. He could be Jason Smith like value - play way above what his contract is worth. There is no reason why we can't still go for him with Rivers
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He deserves a regular bench gig somewhere- he's in San Antonio for now, whether Pop trusts him enough to spell Parker remains to be seen.

He'd fit best playing in combination with a bigger, defensively-orientated guard who can also handle the ball- a Kirk Hinrich-type.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

HAVE got, HAVE. Good lord..

Has he gone anywhere yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Has he gone anywhere yet?
    Re-signed with the Spurs a couple of weeks ago.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    should have waited 'til after the Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Jujube View Post
    HAVE got, HAVE. Good lord..
    I didn't want to be THE guy

Austin Rivers is a 19 years olds with one year of college experience under his belt, i have nothing against Mills, but before we write off Rivers i believe giving him a lil time is would be nice.

The Blazers have been running through PGs at a pretty high rate the past few years, both starters and bench, and they haven't found one to stick. Mills had his opportunity with one of Monty's mentor's and it never happened for him. This isn't the first time he's looked impressive in international play, he's been mentioned as a potentially great backup for CP3 as well. I wouldn't be against having him on the team, but he is not a star waiting to happen.

I'm Aussie and ever since I saw Mills taking it to the rack and finishing exquisatly against USA 4 years ago I knew he was gonna be something. Has potential to be an elite finisher at the rim not so far reserved from Kyrie. Already displayed it at this Olympics.

Go Patty.
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 08-07-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Very good scoring guard, extremely quick, works very well in the open court. Can pass the ball, but not his forte. Defensively he can be out muscled by bigger guards, but can stay with the quick ones.

Patty deserves a starting spot somewhere, only problem is the point-guard position is so strong in the NBA these days. Whenever he gets minutes he's always excelled. I've watched Patty for a number of years now, and I think he would have been a first round pick had he stayed at St. Mary's one more season.

We'll see how he goes against the US, hopefully he doesn't force too many shots, which he had been doing quite a bit earlier in the tournament.
    I like basketball

Twitter: @jsgrayson

I remember he played relatively well against the US back in 08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcuFWrPUzw

Watch that.. he has a very similar game to chris paul in my opinion when he was with the hornets.

I've thought he was a star in waiting from the 2008 olympics; Infact, I met him last week in the Westfield shopping centre outside the olympic park last week and despite my pleas for him to consider joining the hornets he confirmed that hes commited to the spurs for the upcoming season and seemed quite happy with where hes at (and who wouildnt be the spurs are a great organisation). Still, i completely agree with the premise of this post, i'd much rather Mills to Rivers but nonetheless i'm excited to see how both guys fare in the upcoming year...

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post

Watch that.. he has a very similar game to chris paul in my opinion when he was with the hornets.
    Are you his brother or something? You have real delusions of grandeur for him. Name a guy that the NBA missed on. Someone that just came out of nowhere after all 30 NBA GMs passed on them multiple times. In the last 5 years Jeremy Lin is probably about the only one and despite the overrating, he will be an average starter at best. NBA GMs may make a lot of stupid moves and they may reach for guys, but they don't usually pass on guys that can play. Mills has had even more opportunity than Lin and not shown anything in the NBA. The best case career for Mills would probably be something like Jason Smith, find the right situation to become a really good bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post

lol. ok.

Why is it every time I hear the name Patty Mills all I can think of is some white boxer of the "great white hope" era? And the US basketball team is Jack Johnson.

Another great showing by Patty today, had the potential to lead the comp in scoring had there been delegation matches.

Thread Information