.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

  1. #151
    The Hornets can probably get him if they just trade Aminu for him.

    Either way, Lopez or not, the Hornets need to find a true center so they can handle Asik when he comes to town

  2. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    http://mobile.brightsideofthesun.com...nt-robin-lopez



    Farouq and a unprotected first, look At the comments!
    yea, they dont seem bitter at all lol.

  3. #153
    I hope they can land Lopez...I think it will allow Davis to develop quicker, the more he plays at the 4.

  4. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    The Hornets can probably get him if they just trade Aminu for him.

    Either way, Lopez or not, the Hornets need to find a true center so they can handle Asik when he comes to town
    Handle Asik ? The dude couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with a baseball from 10 feet away !
    Just because you pay a guy 8 million a year, doesnt mean that he got rid of one of his left hands !

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    http://mobile.brightsideofthesun.com...nt-robin-lopez



    Farouq and a unprotected first, look At the comments!
    They mad.

  6. #156
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Never has $7 million/year come up other than this thread where one guy said it then everyone just started parroting it.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  7. #157
    Lopez peeps said that they thought he could retrieve aboout 7 million on the open market !

  8. #158
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Lopez peeps said that they thought he could retrieve aboout 7 million on the open market !
    Because the more he gets, the more they get. Of course they'd like to see him get $7mil.

  9. #159

  10. #160
    The Market has pretty much dried up. He's not getting anywhere near 7 mil in the open market.

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Because the more he gets, the more they get. Of course they'd like to see him get $7mil.
    OK ~ I was responding to Unknown Poster !

  12. #162
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    The Market has pretty much dried up. He's not getting anywhere near 7 mil in the open market.
    Wishful thinking, is all it is.

    At this point, Lopez could be just what the doctor ordered. But we aren't going to be overpaying just cuz we need a big. Uh-uh, I ain't hearin' that, see?
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  13. #163
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
    @TheCatLockwood I dont see it happening, NO not offering much at all

  14. #164
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,402
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
    @TheCatLockwood I dont see it happening, NO not offering much at all
    We have a smart GM

  15. #165
    Best Coach Ever ULsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Uptown
    Posts
    1,336
    Man, you guys are really desperate thinking we need a C so bad. Lopez is pretty bad. Seriously, have any of you actually watched him play? He's not good no matter how you try to spin it. Plus he's a headcase.

    If Jason Smith is worth $2.5 million, then Lopez is maybe worth a $1 million. I know, I know, market for big men, 7 footers, blah blah. Whatever. Just because Morey is a moron and pays Asik like he's half decent doesn't mean we should blow $4-5 million on a mediocre talent.

    NBA GMs are dumb. If we could find a productive guy like Smith at his price tag, we can find another. I'd rather not have a center at all than pay Lopez more than $2 million because the bottom line is the dude is not very good.

  16. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    We have a smart GM
    Exactly. Lopez is worth X and nothing more.

  17. #167
    BroLo and RoLo.....eeeeeehhhhhh not so good.

  18. #168
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,402
    Woj twitter: hornets, suns an wolves are nearing a 3 team trade that would send robin Lopez to the hornets in a sign an trade

  19. #169
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,402
    I'm so happy!!!!!!

  20. #170
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA Hornets, Suns, Wolves are nearing agreement on a 3-way deal that would send Robin Lopez to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, sources tell Y!

  21. #171
    Nice... hope we don't dish out too much for him... or overpay

  22. #172
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,899
    Lopez may have an opinion of his value that may need recalibration. Since all 3 parties have to agree here, he seems to be sticking point given our needs and their needs.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  23. #173
    #CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,678
    I hope we aren't giving up too much...
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season Record: 0-0
    C Rony Seikaly | PF Brian Grant | SF Rick Fox | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Jalen Rose | Tim Legler| Theo Ratliff








  24. #174
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    Man, you guys are really desperate thinking we need a C so bad. Lopez is pretty bad. Seriously, have any of you actually watched him play? He's not good no matter how you try to spin it. Plus he's a headcase.

    If Jason Smith is worth $2.5 million, then Lopez is maybe worth a $1 million. I know, I know, market for big men, 7 footers, blah blah. Whatever. Just because Morey is a moron and pays Asik like he's half decent doesn't mean we should blow $4-5 million on a mediocre talent.

    NBA GMs are dumb. If we could find a productive guy like Smith at his price tag, we can find another. I'd rather not have a center at all than pay Lopez more than $2 million because the bottom line is the dude is not very good.
    Meh, disagree. I'd say he's worth $4-5 million. The only people you can get away with paying $3 million or less in this league are total bottom feeders/perpetual roleplayers and, at 24, Lopez doesn't fit into that category... not yet at least.

  25. #175
    RoLo for Rolo's? Fair Trade

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •