Pelicans Report

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Lopez in NOLA but had Fri. flight, couldn't attend press conf. Demps:"He's thrilled to be here, looking forward to being part of our future"

Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    Your Hubig's Pie Avatar just burned up today Hope they rebuild

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ss...ut_at_hub.html
    Those damned deep dishes will never come back will they?

Lopez, Davis. #backontopic

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Demps: "I think we're almost there but we haven't finalized our roster. We're close. I think we'll have a couple more signings before camp."

nice!

Hopefully Jodie Meeks + camp bodies

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Hopefully Jodie Meeks + camp bodies
    Most likely veterans who won't step on the floor during the game but will make their presence known during practice, in the locker room, and off the court. Willie Green fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ10Hornets View Post
    YES!

Don't overlook this deal Hornets fans. Legit 7'0 are hard to find. Lopez will be a perfect fit for this team, and will take pressure off of Davis.

The core of BIGS is outstanding!

Ryan Anderson, Anthony Davis, Hakim Warrick, Jason Smith, Robin Lopez, Lance Thomas. I can't think of another team with a better group of big men. Long, athletic, shooters, rebounders, defenders, hustlers, high ball IQs.
    Lakers, Spurs, Knicks?

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys ever trade Kaman to get more assets instead of losing him for nothing in free agency?

Not trolling, I'm not saying that you SHOULD have traded Kaman cause I'm sure there are reasons but this has always bugged me for some reason cause I remember hearing that yall could have got a 1st rd pick for him (even if its a late 1st rd pick)

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Actually, with the backcourt as curently constructed (Vasquez 6'6, Rivers 6'4, Gordon 6'3, Henry 6'6) Gordon is the only undersized one assuming you keep rivers at the 1.
    Gordon isn't undersized by any means. He's solidly built and quick, which is more important than size alone. The CP3 years should have taught u that. I've never heard anyone refer to Wade as undersized either.

Lakers have Gasol,Bynum and who?? Spurs have an aging Duncan, Splitter?? As for the knicks, Chandler is good but Amare is only 1/10 what he used to be and they have nothing but a 50 year old Camby outside of those guys.

I think Green could be a good signing as he can play the 2 and help in limited minutes bringing the ball upcourt as well as a great veteran presence in the locker room. Other signing could be Roberts or a 3 (depending on where Henry ends up - as a 2 or a 3).

I think we tried hard to trade him for picks and expiring deals but no one was biting. No one was willing to give up a first rounder and i dont think there were any deals that didnt involve us taking back some kind of salary.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why didn't you guys ever trade Kaman to get more assets instead of losing him for nothing in free agency?

Not trolling, I'm not saying that you SHOULD have traded Kaman cause I'm sure there are reasons but this has always bugged me for some reason cause I remember hearing that yall could have got a 1st rd pick for him (even if its a late 1st rd pick)
    I think they tried hard at the deadline and never got a solid offer (heard only a 2nd attached to another contract). We were intent on not taking back any contracts in order to allow us the flexibility we needed this offseason.

We were not getting good offers. We didn't have the flexibility like we do now because of okafor's contract. We would have been taking on something similar to Kamans contract for probably mediocre players.

Because the teams that could've acquired him (Pacers, Rockets) began to have cold feet about trading any 1st round pick in this years draft for a likely 1 yr rental. Dell was asking for alot to begin with as well, which scared off numerous suitors. The teams that made the most basketball sense (Celtics, Heat) couldn't be considered because of finicial reasons.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    Ryan Anderson is starting on Oct. 31.

He will not be Davis's backup.

I bet Anderson is 6th man. He can't play the 3, and Davis isn't coming off the bench either. He will be a 6th man that gets 30 minutes.

The Hornets didn't want to take back any lengthy contracts while sending Kaman out. Not very many competitive teams had the capspace to take him on without giving contracts back in return. All the Hornets really wanted was expiring contracts and draft picks. The only team that could have happened with was Indiana but the deal fell through.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    I bet Anderson is 6th man. He can't play the 3, and Davis isn't coming off the bench either. He will be a 6th man that gets 30 minutes.
    and imo nothing is wrong with this. but some people are shocked that this is even posted.

IMO Indiana was out of their minds for not taking Kaman when they had a chance. Their pick ended up being Miles Plumlee who is a marginal prospect who may have been undrafted if Indiana didnt pick him. Indiana had a legitimate chance at beating Miami last year and making it to the NBA finals and Kaman who have helped big time in that cause.

Ill be shocked if Anderson comes off the bench. I dont see him agreeing to a deal with the Hornets knowing he will not be starting after starting all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    and imo nothing is wrong with this. but some people are shocked that this is even posted.
    What's wrong with Anderson as the 6th man is that his game involves getting good looks from other players being double teamed, not being the best offensive player on the floor and being the focus of the opposing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Lopez is a backup. He will not be getting starter minutes.

We decided to use his cap space ($13 million) to sign Ryan Anderson ($8 million) and Robin Lopez ($5 million). If we had traded him at the deadline, we would have had to take on equal salary, which would have made all of this impossible. Smart move by Demps, IMO, and I think that is what he meant when he said "sometimes the best move is no move."

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Lopez is a backup. He will not be getting starter minutes.
    What exactly is starter minutes for centers in today's NBA game?

Expect to see Davis, Anderson and Lopez on the court at the same time, they may not be starting but they will play together a lot.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Thread Information