Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    Ryan Anderson is starting on Oct. 31.

He will not be Davis's backup.
    He won't be his backup, but I think there's a strong chance that Ryan Anderson is the sixth man.

You need someone to be a good scorer to come off the bench and I don't think Austin Rivers is that guy yet day 1.

Suns fans seem excited as hell about this trade. To them Lopez and Warrick were the worst players on their team and they were able to dump them while getting a 1st rd pick in return.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Suns fans seem excited as hell about this trade. To them Lopez and Warrick were the worst players on their team and they were able to dump them while getting a 1st rd pick in return.
    They should b, they absolutely rapped Minny.

One man's trash is another man's treasure? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Guess any fan can spin anything however he/she wants it. Its only the loudest ones that are heard.
    Jrue dat

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Increased minutes will improve Lopez greatly. I can't wait.

Love the trade. We don't give up anything important to the future of our team while adding a legit 7 footer, and another big who I'm sure Dell can turn into an asset. Oh by the way, Lopez is only 24. We now have a ton of quality bigs in Davis, Anderson, Lopez, Smith, Warrick, and Thomas. When I look at this rotation of bigs I see shooting, quickness, defense, and youth. Very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    Increased minutes will improve Lopez greatly. I can't wait.
    I think going to a team that preaches team defense and being on a team with defensive presence like Anthony Davis and Aminu will help him out immensely.

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

^^ That is one crazy play. I heard he doesn't have as much athleticism anymore from injuries though. God I hope he can still do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BreezyRivers View Post
    Love the trade. We don't give up anything important to the future of our team while adding a legit 7 footer, and another big who I'm sure Dell can turn into an asset. Oh by the way, Lopez is only 24. We now have a ton of quality bigs in Davis, Anderson, Lopez, Smith, Warrick, and Thomas. When I look at this rotation of bigs I see shooting, quickness, defense, and youth. Very solid.
    Don't forget length, athleticism, and beef.

Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    Found the answer to my own question on Larry Coon's websight. A traded player, if waived, can't resign with the team that traded him for one year. So I guess Dyson won't be back.
    : (

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post

Unforunately, we might never see that athleticism again.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I hate these bad analyses by the fans. Are the Suns better after the trade than before? Yes.

That is all that matters.

The degree to which others improve is immaterial, unless we are competing for the title (we are not).
    I agree. I Thought the Suns and Hornets did well. It was Kahn and the Timberwolves who got the short end of the stick in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Well he will definately have his fair shot. This is the best chance he will ever get.
    He will get his opportunity. The last this Williams wants to do is put his star rookie in a position where he's guarding guys with a 20 to 80 lb weight advantage on a nightly basis. At least at power forward there are a lot more players who use a face up game.

Either Smith or Lopez starts at center. Anderson has to give points to our 2nd unit and in crunch time.

How hard is it to understand that they got the #1 for taking on Johnson's contract. The only benefit they got from trading Lopez was getting the Hornets to take on Warrick's contract (which assisted them in doing the Johnson deal). Your trolling is getting old. It is hilarious for a Rockets' fan to talk trash after the offseason the Rockets have had so far.

Yes if I was a Suns fan I would be happy with the trade as well. They received a fist round pick created cap space and didnt have to pay a backup center 5million dollars. Which I dont mind paying 5million for Lopez for the Hornets because we dont have that luxury of having a starting center on the roster like the Suns with Gortat. So I love the trade for the Hornets because we didnt lose anything but some cap space, but gained a possible expiring contract to possibly move, cash and a 7footer whose contract will be up once its time to pay our top players.
    Only loser in this trade should be Twolves fans, I really dont understand what they are doing over there. Nets were just offering AK-47 the NBA minimum and they KAHN comes in and just offers 10 million a year off the bat, lol and gives up a 1st round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    How hard is it to understand that they got the #1 for taking on Johnson's contract. The only benefit they got from trading Lopez was getting the Hornets to take on Warrick's contract (which assisted them in doing the Johnson deal). Your trolling is getting old. It is hilarious for a Rockets' fan to talk trash after the offseason the Rockets have had so far.
    Man, I've been beating this drum for 2 days now. It's a very simple concept, really. I don't understand the confusion, and it's driving me nuts.

His athleticism certainly improved from two years ago to last year (two years ago was horrendous, last year below average).

Maybe this year he gets closer to rookie Robin Lopez, who at 5 million a year is an enormous steal.

Jim Eichenhofer ‏@Jim_Eichenhofer
    Demps on Lopez: "He fits in with our timeline, a young player with experience in the league. We felt we needed to fill the center position."

Demps on Warrick: "A veteran who will add to our frontcourt depth. He has the ability to score, athleticism and quickness."

I see Lopez starting, even if he only gets 20-25 mpg. I like the idea of Anderson coming off the bench early and often and creating mismatches. It could also be fun/interesting to see a anderson-davis-lopez front court. This team is shaping up quite nicely, maybe not this year, but we'll be perennial playoff team for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    His athleticism certainly improved from two years ago to last year (two years ago was horrendous, last year below average).

Maybe this year he gets closer to rookie Robin Lopez, who at 5 million a year is an enormous steal.
    If you look at the highlight videos of him this past year and compare him to that rookie year, you'll see that he's carrying a lot more weight now. Unless he goes back down to the 255 range, I don't think he'll ever gain those hops back.

Demps said decision on Anderson playing SF will be Monty's. Hornets will put best talent on floor; not preoccupied with naming of positions

Demps said possibility of Warrick shift to small forward - where minutes may be more available than PF - will be determined in training camp

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He will get his opportunity. The last this Williams wants to do is put his star rookie in a position where he's guarding guys with a 20 to 80 lb weight advantage on a nightly basis. At least at power forward there are a lot more players who use a face up game.

Either Smith or Lopez starts at center. Anderson has to give points to our 2nd unit and in crunch time.
    Your Hubig's Pie Avatar just burned up today Hope they rebuild

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ss...ut_at_hub.html
    Last edited by omalakas; 07-27-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    If you look at the highlight videos of him this past year and compare him to that rookie year, you'll see that he's carrying a lot more weight now. Unless he goes back down to the 255 range, I don't think he'll ever gain those hops back.
    Agreed.

Maybe now that he sees a real chance to start, and assuming he's at or near full recovery from his injuries, he'll put in the work.

Lots of if and assumptions, but they aren't really that far fetched.

where is the damn press conference with demps????

Thread Information