Pelicans Report

Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    FINALLY! Please find a Suns' board that may understand your irrationale.
    fify

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I am right that we can't package players with Landry either right?

Could see us waiving Miller and doing a S&T of Landry to Charlotte. However, if Charlotte is up against the cap, they would have to send us something, which would further complicate matters. Not sure they can help.
    If we waive Miller, couldn't we just sign Lopez straight up?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Hey 42, what's the most we'd be able to sign Landry for to ship him to Charlotte? Rough #'s are good enough
    I think you can only use room exception $2,575,000

Could see us waiving Miller and doing a S&T of Landry to Charlotte. However, if Charlotte is up against the cap, they would have to send us something, which would further complicate matters. Not sure they can help.
    If you waive Miller then you won't be able to trade for both Lopez & Warrick

This might work:

Hornets- Reggie Williams, Lopez
    Bobcats- Landry
    Suns-Johnson, Miller contract, 1st rd
    Minny- Warrick, 2 second rd picks

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    This might work:

Bobcats- Landry
    Minnesota is trying to shed contracts.. They aren't going to take on any contracts in this deal.

This might work:

Bobcats- Landry
    Edit: Reggie Williams is a 2.6 mil expiring

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Minnesota is trying to shed contracts.. They aren't going to take on any contracts in this deal.
    Well I give up then haha. We have to do something with Millers contract and bobcats can take Warrick. Actually, would Warrick even have to be in this trade if bobcats take on miller contract?

Well I give up then haha. We have to do something with Millers contract and bobcats can take Warrick. Actually, would Warrick even have to be in this trade if bobcats take on miller contract?
    Don't sweat it. This deal is perplexing. This deal is going to become very complicated if Charlotte becomes involved.

What i want to know is if taking on Warrick was a demand from the Suns for taking on millers contract or if it is was just to make salaries work.

What i want to know is if taking on Warrick was a demand from the Suns for taking on millers contract or if it is was just to make salaries work.
    Miller can be bought out for 800k. That isn't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Miller can be bought out for 800k. That isn't the problem.
    So the suns demand: Johnson, a first, and shedding warrick's contract? What bums. They are already getting a good deal with the first.

If we just take out Warrick, this 4 way trade could happen right now. Sign Landry to 7.5, trade to bobcats along with miller contract.
    Last edited by Sleeper; 07-26-2012 at 05:56 PM.

so is brad miller out of this completely? And i'm wondering about the Warrick thing too, are we asking for Warrick specifically, which i can't see given that we already have debt at the small forward position or are they requesting we take him.

If not why don't we let them keep Warrick, trade them X and brad miller and the wolves 1, then we take lopez and johnson and send dyson and how ever many 2s it takes?

if the wolves want cap space it really doesn't matter who they trade johnson to just as long as they get minimal return, since the suns seem to want debt at the 2, X should give them that, plus he's half the price of Wes Johnson and they'll still get what they really want, which is a 1st round pick.
    Last edited by NemesisKING; 07-27-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisKING View Post
    so is brad miller out of this completely? And i'm wondering about the Warrick thing too, are we asking for Warrick specifically, which i can't see given that we already have debt at the small forward position or are they requesting we take him.

If not why don't we let them keep Warrick, trade them X and brad miller and the wolves 1, then we take lopez and johnson and send dyson and how ever many 2s it takes?

if the wolves want cap space it really doesn't matter who they trade johnson to just as long as they get minimal return, since the wolves seem to want debt at the 2, X should give them that, plus he's half the price of Wes Johnson and they'll still get what they really want, which is a 1st round pick.
    I think we have to get rid of millers contract before we can sign Landry for the trade. Sooo if bobcats take on millers contract with landry, then we can squash Warrick out the trade. Unless Suns want that as compensation.

Hey 42, what's the most we'd be able to sign Landry for to ship him to Charlotte? Rough #'s are good enough
    I'll work it out tonight, at least to the point where futility is clear.

And thanks for the effort, Lee2000.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I'll work it out tonight, at least to the point where futility is clear.

And thanks for the effort, Lee2000.
    Thank u sir

You guys aren't off the hook, noooooooo sir!

Find some deals that 'might' work in term of salary and basketball. I gotta have something to work with.

Deal?

Find some deals that 'might' work in term of salary and basketball. I gotta have something to work with.

Deal?
    Look at this:

Hornets: Reggie Williams(2.6), Lopez(5.5)

Suns: Johnson, 1st

Wolves: 2 second rounders

Bobcats: Landry( 7.5), Miller expiring( 5.5 ) to be 800,000

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    if we're including the bobcats we might as well trade for Diop instead of Lopez. At least we're not stuck with Diop past this season.

Deal?

Ok, but are we allowed to go over the cap to sign Landry? Even if we S&T him?

Trade 1

We get: Lopez and Diop

PHO gets: Miller, Johnson, and a Minny 1st round pick

MIN gets: Dyson + two 2nd round picks

CHA gets: Landry and Warrick

That all works salary wise, assuming Lopez is signed at $5 million, and Landry is signed at $5-6 million.

Trade 2

We get: Lopez, Warrick, and Diop + a conditional 1st round pick from Charlotte + the Minny 1st round pick

PHO gets: Miller, Johnson, and Xavier Henry

CHA gets: Landry

We take on all the salary, we get all the picks.

Ok, but are we allowed to go over the cap to sign Landry? Even if we S&T him?
    No. We waived those rights as part of the contortions required to trade for Anderson.

No. We waived those rights as part of the contortions required to trade for Anderson.
    Ok, thanks. So we can't sign Landry for more than the 2.5 million exception we still have right?

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Trade 1

We get: Lopez and Diop

PHO gets: Miller, Johnson, and a Minny 1st round pick

CHA gets: Landry and Warrick

That all works salary wise, assuming Lopez is signed at $5 million, and Landry is signed at $5-6 million.

Trade 2

We get: Lopez, Warrick, and Diop + a conditional 1st round pick from Charlotte + the Minny 1st round pick

PHO gets: Miller, Johnson, and Xavier Henry

CHA gets: Landry

We take on all the salary, we get all the picks.

Trade 1 is the exact trade I was thinking of. Problem is, I don't think we can sign Landry for that much anymore.

Thread Information