Pelicans Report

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    So you think (losing) Robin Lopez (eventhough he's a FA) is worth a first round pick, but when Hornet fans were claiming that Phoenix would have to give up Marshall, Morris and 2 future firsts for Gordon, we were crazy? Sure seems like your and phzrabit, or whatever his name is, attitudes have changed on RFA worth in S&T correct?

It's not just about the 1st rounder, no matter what you say. It's about losing Warrick's expiring deal and the 1st. In what world is a 4 million, 30 year old career backup expiring contract, worth the same as a 24 year old 4 million expiring contract? Not to mention, Johnson plays a position of need for you guys. If it was just about the 1st, then y'all would just drop Nola from the trade.

PS:I didn't want anyone from Phoenix for Gordon. I just wanted to match. I've said it 2 or 3 times and I'm not flaming, I wouldn't trade Gordon for the Suns entire roster.
    A completely lotto protected 1st is not much compensation for a 24 year old serviceable big. And this is not a typical RFA signing, New Orleans does not have the cap space to sign Lopez to an offer sheet. So they cant get him outside of a more conventional trade.

PS: I didnt want Gordon, S&T or not. I am glad New Orleans matched.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Yes, that I agree with, 15 mil is a tough number to swallow for a such a limited player. However, its more justifiable for New Orleans to give him that contract than it would be for Phoenix. The Hornets have a lot more of their long term roster in place than Phoenix does, and they have an investment to protect in Davis, Lopez can spell him and take away some of the pressure for Davis to play huge minutes. The Suns have too many long term holes to fill to justify locking down a backup for 15 million.

Other than Minnesota's plan to grossly overpay Kirilenko, I think its a pretty good deal for all parties, too bad Miller's trade situation is screwing the pooch.

its a little hard to believe they all tripped up on this part, but I do believe if there is a strong enough will, they will find a way....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A completely lotto protected 1st is not much compensation for a 24 year old serviceable big.
    Seriously? He's a back up who doesn't even average 20 minutes a game and you think he's at least worth a 1st round pick? Oh brother.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    You were asking for 2011 lottery pick (Morris), 2012 lottery pick (Marshall) and two future UNPROTECTED draft picks from a team that will be in the lottery for next few years. The Suns are getting a lotto protected pick from a very good team. That's a huge difference.

Agreed, but Gordon was worth it. If he can stay on the court, he'll be a top 3 SG with-in 2 years.

Warrick and Johnson are both worthless. It doesn't matter how old they are. There's a reason why the Wolves have to trade a 1st round draft pick to get rid of Wesley's contract.
    The only reason they are including a 1st and Johnson is because they need the cap space to drastically over pay AK-47 and because Kahn is absolutely atrocious. Y'all are taking advantage of Minny, and to that I

But, Johnson is only 24 and plays a position of need for you guys. To the Suns he has drastically more value than Warrick does.
    Last edited by GeauxPelicans; 07-26-2012 at 04:51 PM.

The Hornets have 11 players on roster that will be on roster if this trade doesn't go through (Dyson currently on roster). That would leave them with 4 open spots. If they are maxed on cap they still have to find 4 guys and can have up to 13 active. I am not counting the older Miller who will either retire or be traded or be waived with some cap hit.

Why? If worst comes to worst and the entire thing unravels the Suns can still do the Minnesota portion of the trade. They pull lopez's QO and they have the cap space for Johnson and a 1st, in exchange for a couple 2nds. But its New Orleans who gets screwed there because with Lopez as a UFA they wont have the space to sign him.
    If that becomes the scenero, we would then buyout Miller's $5.1 mil @ $800K to create new cap space.

You guys worry too much. This trade will work itself out. It benefits all parties so they will find a way to get it done.

A completely lotto protected 1st is not much compensation for a 24 year old serviceable big. And this is not a typical RFA signing, New Orleans does not have the cap space to sign Lopez to an offer sheet. So they cant get him outside of a more conventional trade.

PS: I didnt want Gordon, S&T or not. I am glad New Orleans matched.
    Wait a second, I thought both of you guys thought Lopez sucked? Now he's a serviceable big?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    You guys worry too much. This trade will work itself out. It benefits all parties so they will find a way to get it done.
    It won't happen unless the Hornets find a way to send out more salary. Basically, the Hornets have to find someone to take X off our hands for a 2nd rounder

Please, tell me why are the Wolves involved in a trade where the Suns are sending their RFA to the Hornets?
    Because we are sending Dyson + two 2nd round picks to Minnesota. Are things coming together for you yet?

It won't happen unless the Hornets find a way to send out more salary. Basically, the Hornets have to find someone to take X off our hands for a 2nd rounder
    Or, the Suns could just keep Warrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Seriously? He's a back up who doesn't even average 20 minutes a game and you think he's at least worth a 1st round pick? Oh brother.
    Its not "at least" a 1st. Its a completely lotto protected pick, it is guaranteed to be a worse than 15th overall, and seeing as its from Memphis who will be returning a pretty good team next year, it will probably be around 25th.

Yes, I think its pretty fair return. If you are so convinced he is worthless then why do you think New Orleans is trying to engineer this entire trade?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    If that becomes the scenero, we would then buyout Miller's $5.1 mil @ $800K to create new cap space.
    But it wouldnt create enough room to offer Lopez that contract... unless they severely back loaded it or something.

According to rotoworld, the Bobcats may get into this trade situation as a fourth team. They apparently still want Landry in a bad way and may join the transaction chaos.

Wait a second, I thought both of you guys thought Lopez sucked? Now he's a serviceable big?

Ive said repeatedly that he is a serviceable backup big. Ask him to play 15-20 minutes a game and he wont kill you. Teams overpay for big men, Lopez is not by any means a good player but he can chew up minutes, while providing passable defense and occasionally good rebounding.

Its Warrick who sucks. He is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    According to rotoworld, the Bobcats may get into this trade situation as a fourth team. They apparently still want Landry in a bad way and may join the transaction chaos.
    Would be interesting to see how they could get involved. Not sure how it would work yet.

PHX can use its space on Lopez, get nothing for him and let him walk and taking the space to use on something else., or pay $4mish for a third first round pick, enabled by NOLA sending a package to Minne.

All are fine options.

If we can get Reggie Williams and bobcats take on Warrick, this would be a very good trade.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Because we are sending Dyson + two 2nd round picks to Minnesota. Are things coming together for you yet?
    Again, why are the Hornets sending assets to Minnesota if they are trading for the Suns RFA? Because of the damn draft pick!
    I'm done.

Again, why are the Hornets sending assets to Minnesota if they are trading for the Suns RFA? Because of the damn draft pick!
    I'm done.
    Good. Because you are severely mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Or, the Suns could just keep Warrick.
    I think they have to send out Warrick to have enough space to absorb Johnson' deal so they can also receive the 1st for Minny. I think

Hope so, I really want Lopez here. Maybe they'll send us a future 2nd for Carl?

Ive said repeatedly that he is a serviceable backup big. Ask him to play 15-20 minutes a game and he wont kill you. Teams overpay for big men, Lopez is not by any means a good player but he can chew up minutes, while providing passable defense and occasionally good rebounding.

Its Warrick who sucks. He is unplayable.
    Thank you for clarifying.

I don't see this as a help. Please lay out something specific or I'll assume they can't help.

Hey 42, what's the most we'd be able to sign Landry for to ship him to Charlotte? Rough #'s are good enough

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I don't see this as a help. Please lay out something specific or I'll assume they can't help.
    Rotoworld didn't supply any details. I doubt they would have any even in their media source. You know it involves Landry, would likely involve additional players or picks, and make it easier for the Suns to get what they want.

I'm done.
    FINALLY! Please find a Suns' board that may understand your rationale.

Rotoworld didn't supply any details. I doubt they would have any even in their media source. You know it involves Landry, would likely involve additional players or picks, and make it easier for the Suns to get what they want.
    Could see us waiving Miller and doing a S&T of Landry to Charlotte. However, if Charlotte is up against the cap, they would have to send us something, which would further complicate matters. Not sure they can help.

Thread Information