Pelicans Report

Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

All three front offices outsmarted themselves.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Without Aaron Gray the Hornets probably would have gotten swept by the Lakers in the playoffs rather than taking it to 6 games. Having Lopez similarly increases the Hornets odds of beating teams with imposing bigs. On his own Lopez may not be a game changer, but because the Hornets have no one else like him on their roster he may well help them beat teams like the Grizzlies and Lakers more often than they otherwise would have, which could be the difference in making the playoffs as tight as the race for the last spots have been recently.
    Great point and kind of what I was going to post in reply. It's crazy to say that having a 7' 255+ body like Lopez for depth doesn't change things much. If we just got last year's RL it already changes Monty's options on the floor pretty dramatically. I'm not over rating Lopez as a player, I'm correctly rating how important it is to have a body that can bang with certain Western Conference bigs.
    Wherehappens.

Well, at the end of the week, the same ole issue may be in play. Backup center.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I just struggle with imagining this whole thing falling apart....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Love seeing other fans saying we are screwing them over!

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I just struggle with imagining this whole thing falling apart....
    Me too, I think it'll get sorted out.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Some of you are so over dramatic.
    This.

The deal will get done. And if it doesn't, *shrug* we'll find another backup big

When folks say Miller can't be traded does than mean back to Minnesota, which I already knew about, or that he can not be traded period after coming to the Hornets?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    When folks say Miller can't be traded does than mean back to Minnesota, which I already knew about, or that he can not be traded period after coming to the Hornets?
    He can be traded 1 for 1, like Miller for Lopez, but he cannot be bundled for 2 months, which is what the Hornets need to do to take back both Lopez and Warrick.

I think sending Henry out for a second to one od the 27 other teams fixes this. He and Dyson can be aggregated to get Warrick. Miller for Lopez works.

Any downstream issues there?

Will someone take Henry?

Don't think of this as a done deal but erroneous. Think of it as premature reporting by people who didn't understand the cap (none of us get it all). These are the dangers of reporting early. See also: Lakers trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I think sending Henry out for a second to one od the 27 other teams fixes this. He and Dyson can be aggregated to get Warrick. Miller for Lopez works.

Will someone take Henry?
    Is everyone already giving up on Henry? Is the entire NBA giving up on him? The guy is still 21 years old. He was a lottery pick. This is going to be his second full season in the NBA.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    He can be traded 1 for 1, like Miller for Lopez, but he cannot be bundled for 2 months, which is what the Hornets need to do to take back both Lopez and Warrick.
    If it's just two months and not Dec 15th, i don't know what the big deal is.

Give the paperwork to the league office and just say, "On the day this is allowed, which if two months away would be something like Sept 13th at the latest (I believe the Miller trade took place on July 13th, file it then." Then just act as though the trade has gone through. The end of Sept should be before the start of training camp, so what does it really matter if things don't happen until then? Kirilenko and the Wolves can do a handshake deal until then. Not the end of the world. No one is going to outbid for his services, lol.

Now if you can't do the trade until Dec then that is a totally different story.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-26-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Is everyone already giving up on Henry? Is the entire NBA giving up on him? The guy is still 21 years old. He was a lottery pick. This is going to be his second full season in the NBA.
    I feel his upside is a solid backup SF. And give up on him or not, I think the Hornets are going to want the over $3 million in cap space after this season instead of picking up his option. I just don't think he's going to be a part of the long term plans, so he should not stop of from getting a 24 year old center.

Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I was surprised he looked kinda flabby at summer league though. Doesn't show well. Seemed like out of college he was pretty ripped. What has he been working on since than other than his tan?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    If it's just two months and not Dec 15th, i don't know what the big deal is.

Give the paperwork to the league office and just say, "On the day this is allowed, which if two months away would be something like Sept 31st at the latest, file it then." Then just act as though the trade has gone through. The end of Sept should be right around the start of training camp, so what does it really matter if things don't happen until then? Kirilenko and the Wolves can do a handshake deal until then. Not the end of the world. No one is going to outbid for his services, lol.

Now if you can't do the trade until Dec then that is a totally different story.
    I could be an issue of when Miller's salary becomes guaranteed.

I don't see how December applies. None of these guys being moved are FA recenrlt signed except the ST for Lopez, which is fine.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

Will someone take Henry?

There's got to be a team that'll take Henry for a 2nd round pick. Come on Demps!!!!

I could be an issue of when Miller's salary becomes guaranteed.

I don't see how December applies. None of these guys being moved are FA recenrlt signed except the ST for Lopez, which is fine.
    Who would know when Miller's contract is guaranteed? I think the day the trade would be allowed would be more like Sept 13th or so.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I read this comment about New Orleans from a Suns fan
    A team that currently sucks and only has 2 expensive contracts is trying to get better and the rules don´t allow it
    good luck with the big 3 of Dragic, Beasley, and Gortat
    what a joke

This is the way the deal will probably go down:

Phx gives up: Lopez
    Phx gets: 1st rounder, Wes Johnson, 2nd rounder, Brad Miller

Minny gives up: Wes Johnson, 1st rounder
    Minny gets: two 2nd rounders

NO gives up: 3 2nd rounders, Brad Miller
    NO gets: Robin Lopez

Easy enough

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    This is the way the deal will probably go down:

Phx gives up: Lopez
    Phx gets: 1st rounder, Wes Johnson, 2nd rounder, Brad Miller

Minny gives up: Wes Johnson, 1st rounder
    Minny gets: two 2nd rounders

NO gives up: 3 2nd rounders, Brad Miller
    NO gets: Robin Lopez

Easy enough
    Not sure why the picks are required and I'm not sure PHX has the space for that. It violates the 150% so space is the only way.

Not sure why the picks are required and I'm not sure PHX has the space for that. It violates the 150% so space is the only way.
    I thought they had plenty of space, maybe they'll find a third team to take a flyer on warrick for two of those 2nd round picks. In the original deal we were sending 2 2nds to Minny, I believe.

PHX has the cap space but there's no incentive for them to take on Johnson salary

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    PHX has the cap space but there's no incentive for them to take on Johnson salary
    The 1st round pick is the incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    The 1st round pick is the incentive.
    No, the 1st round draft pick is the compensation for Lopez.

Thread Information