Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Lopez would be a great off the bench 5, but guy shouldn't be a starter. Dude has one of the worst assist to TO ratios ever, and only had like 7 assists all year. He is slow footed and though he can defend the post, he is a slightly disappointing rebounder and can't really score well. Where Davis and Anderson will (hopefully) be fringe all stars, Lopez is a fringe starter. However, all that aside, he would be great depth.
    who cares about A/T ratio for a center? im pretty sure in his 4 year's his career avg is LESS than 1 TO per game, i dont think we should not go after a 7ft center because of his assist to turnover ratio lmao, while we are at it we should get rid of gordon because he doesnt avg 10 rebounds a game

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    getting paid 8 million and being a starter means nothing. he can have more minutes than a starter does and not actually start.
    You are out of your mind if you think that Lopez is a starter. The guy doesn't even move like a ball player. He has no offense and can't play defense.

I'm not saying I don't want the guy but not as a starter. In fact, I don't think he will ever be a full time starter in the NBA.
    Last edited by GameBreaker; 07-24-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Didn't Lopez have a smaller sample size though? Considering McGee averaged 25mpg and Lopez 14mpg.

Not just bad: the worst in the league. Javale McGee averaged a 4:5 assist to TO. Robin Lopez had 1:8 assist to TO ratio. Thats beyond the "he's just a 5" excuse, its awful. It's more comparable to Gordon averaging 7 rebounds a year.

Edit: Also was just bringing it up to start discussion, I didn't say anything about not going after him.
    Where did you get that 1:8 ratio?

In 2011-12 regular season, Lopez had an .47 AST/TO. McGee had .36 AST/TO. Neither to write home about.

I hate, HATE, bigs especially 7ft bigs who are scared to rebound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

http://www.nba.com/statistics/player...ager.offset=50

#60, #70 among the center positions in ast/to.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    You are out of your mind if you think that Lopez is a starter. The guy doesn't even move like a ball player. He has no offense and can't play defense.
    then how is he in the nba? just bc of size? lol

its not even worth arguing with posters like you who just spew random thoughts and have no idea what they are talking about. so ill say one last thing and im moving on.
    Doesnt move like a ball player? nice one

although he barely gets any opportunities to score he has a high fg% and cant play defense? really? really???? he has he issues in isolation and p&r situations sometimes but to say he cant play defense is just wrong. we dont need someone to come in and score 20ppg, next to davis we just need a big guy, who can block shots, hustle, has a good help defense, and handle his own on the boards. which lopez can do all of that plus shooting a high %.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 07-24-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    LINK

Its insider, but still wrote by Hollinger himself.
    Last season he was 1:2.23 or .448 and for his career he is 1:3.3 or .303. In 2009/2010, he had a 1:8 ratio. Maybe that's what you are referring to, but that was also his best season.

Edit- his assist and TO's are so small that using percent to creat percents has my numbers a little off.

20 assists and 43 TO's last season. Really much of nothing either way.
    Last edited by Spaniard; 07-24-2012 at 01:16 PM.

LINK

That is not a Assist/TO ratio. He is saying he assists on 1.8% of possessions. All of your assessment above is actually just Hollinger's assessment from the beginning of last season (they are outdated). His Assist/TO ratio last year was 1:2.15 (still not good).

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    That is not a Assist/TO ratio. He is saying he assists on 1.8% of possessions. All of your assessment above is actually just Hollinger's assessment from the beginning of last season (they are outdated). His Assist/TO ratio last year was 1:2.15 (still not good).
    Ah truly apologize I misread that, just saw the numbers and assumed. I apologize to the board

LINK

Actually, this is what Hollinger said:

Lopez had eight assists last season. No, not in a game. I mean the entire season. Twice he went more than a month without a single dime, even though he played regular minutes every game. Assisting on just 1.8 percent of possessions, Lopez won the Yinka Dare Award for the league's lowest mark in that category for a second straight season.
    That's not the same as assist-to-turnover ratio. But if we were having that discussion, he'd rank pretty poorly.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Yeah, I should have read more thoroughly. He was still really bad, just not as bad as I thought.

he can't be worse than Kaman was @ turnovers in the post....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    he can't be worse than Kaman was @ turnovers in the post....
    Actually, Kaman was 34th in Ast/TO amongst centers, but he was second amongst all centers in turnovers per game behind only Dwight Howard who played 10 more minutes a game.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Are we really arguing about Lopez's assist to turnover ratio? He'll be the 5th option on offense, so why does that matter? Vasquez, Rivers, Gordon, Aminu, Anderson, Davis, Smith, even Xavier would be ahead of him on the offensive pecking order. He'll be here (if we land him) to run the floor, board, block shots and use his big body down low on defense. He's easily worth around 4 million a year. That's a steal compared to what some other C have gotten the past couple of years. I'd love to land him, but the problem is the Suns would match anything Dell is willing to pay, more than likely out of spite for matching Gordon. If we do a S&T, I'd send the worst 2nd round pick we have and that's all I'd be willing to part with.

I find it kind of funny that the same people telling others to lower their expectations on a S&T of Landry, are expecting us to have to give up a 1st round pick to land Lopez (in a S&T), while Landry is the best FA left on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Are we really arguing about Lopez's assist to turnover ratio? He'll be the 5th option on offense, so why does that matter? Vasquez, Rivers, Gordon, Aminu, Anderson, Davis, Smith, even Xavier would be ahead of him on the offensive pecking order. He'll be here (if we land him) to run the floor, board, block shots and use his big body down low on defense. He's easily worth around 4 million a year. That's a steal compared to what some other C have gotten the past couple of years. I'd love to land him, but the problem is the Suns would match anything Dell is willing to pay, more than likely out of spite for matching Gordon. If we do a S&T, I'd send the worst 2nd round pick we have and that's
    Why would Phoenix be enticed to trade him for the worst 2nd round pick we have? I would think it would have to be X and a 2nd rounder at least.

Why would Phoenix be enticed to trade him for the worst 2nd round pick we have? I would think it would have to be X and a 2nd rounder at least.
    After SL, I'd be willing to part with X and a 2nd for Lopez. Then we could use Rivers as the back up 1/2, and sign someone like Jodie Meeks.

He's not good. Neither is Henry. I wouldn't pay Lopez more than $1 million. I don't think highly of him at all. Hope I'm wrong, but he plays like a {edited - language} .

Is this the same Lopez that Shaq made cry?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    He's not good. Neither is Henry. I wouldn't pay Lopez more than $1 million. I don't think highly of him at all. Hope I'm wrong, but he plays like a {edited - language} .
    $1 million? Did you see what Steimsma got? No 7 footer with two legs gets $1 million.

$1 million? Did you see what Steimsma got? No 7 footer with two legs gets $1 million.

Good point. Lopez is worth 3-5 million, considering Jordan and McGee got 11 mill a year, Steisma got 3 mill a year, Kwame somehow got another contract (don't feel like looking up #'s), etc. Lopez is only 24 and can still improve.

We'd be slightly overpaying Lopez for 4M a year, but he would be a great pickup as a backup 5.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

4-5 million a year as a backup for Lopez is fair.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    We'd be slightly overpaying Lopez for 4M a year, but he would be a great pickup as a backup 5.
    He can get $4 million as his QO from Phoenix. We would have to pay more IMO.

Thread Information