Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    What you don't understand is that the draft pick and Wes Johnson have nothing to do with Lopez. The only reason they can do that deal is because we are agreeing to take on Warrick. I don't know how else to explain it to you except for the way that I broke down the trade into 2 trades above.

The whole thing is a moot point. The 3-way deal with go through.

Warrick is an expiring, the only reason he is in the deal is so the Suns can take on Johnson, and getting Johnson and especially the pick are the only reason the Suns are taking part. There is no way they would do the trade just for the pleasure of waiving Brad Miller.

And the Hornets cannot sign him and "dare the Suns to match" because unless they get rid of Miller they dont have the space to make the offer. And I am pretty damn sure that even if the Suns just felt like being kind, or have been drugged, that New Orleans does not have the flexibility to take on Johnson, Warrick and Lopez.
    Last edited by phrazbit; 07-26-2012 at 01:37 AM.

What you don't understand is that the draft pick and Wes Johnson have nothing to do with Lopez.
    That's nonsense. Draft pick is the sweetener for the Suns to let Lopez go to the Hornets.

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    That's nonsense. Draft pick is the sweetener for the Suns to let Lopez go to the Hornets.
    this is true...warrick doesnt matter too much to them..he is an expiring anways, it is not exactly like shedding an ariza or okafor who had mutliple yrs left on their deal...the draft pick is the main reason the suns do this deal

I'm trying to be nice here, but you guys don't get it. The fact remains that Wes Johnson and the 1st round pick have nothing to do with Lopez and everything to do with cap space. I'll just drop it right there.

EDIT: Here, let me put it like this. Minny would have done that deal with anyone who had $5 million in cap space that was willing to eat Johnson's contract. That's not to say that Minny would have traded Johnson and a 1st round pick straight up for Lopez and Warrick. Is that a better explanation?
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 07-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    this is true...warrick doesnt matter too much to them..he is an expiring anways, it is not exactly like shedding an ariza or okafor who had mutliple yrs left on their deal...the draft pick is the main reason the suns do this deal
    If we don't take on Warrick, then don't get to have Johnson and the 1st round pick. The main reason the suns do this deal is because we create cap space for them to take on Johnson and the 1st round pick. Do you see what I'm getting at now?

Lopez has nothing to do with Johnson or the 1st round pick.

@nolaslim213: Eh. You still don't get it. I'm done with you.

HOOPSHYPE:
    Eric Gordon: Hakim warrick and robin lopez WELCOME!!!!!! about 6 minutes ago

Wow EG with dat unprecedented emotion

Has it been made official :o

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

According to dyson no! LOL

BTW guys whos going to be our starting center now??
    Lopez, Davis or Smith??

Not really related, but Phoenix is so, so, so lame.

Banned
    How is that lame? From what i have read, Lopez is a huge Comic Book fanatic. He's not just a collector, but an avid reader and supporter. Im sure he loved that s**t and ate it up with a spoon! I have to give Pheonix props on creativity for that one!

It also shows that they value him and were really looking forward to keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSisterFister View Post
    How is that lame? From what i have read, Lopez is a huge Comic Book fanatic. He's not just a collector, but an avid reader and supporter. Im sure he loved that s**t and ate it up with a spoon! I have to give Pheonix props on creativity for that one!

It also shows that they value him and were really looking forward to keeping him.
    LOL I feel sorry for any team that thinks Lopez is their hero!

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Not really related, but Phoenix is so, so, so lame.

"so inspiring", lol
    Last edited by Big-EZ; 07-26-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Phoenix is home. It's where the heart is. Eric knows this better than most.

Besides, who wouldn't want to play with Michael Beasley?

They have heart and top notch talent. Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Phoenix is home. It's where the heart is. Eric knows this better than most.

Besides, who wouldn't want to play with Michael Beasley?

They have heart and top notch talent. Sign me up.
    hahaa your joking right.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSisterFister View Post

I just realized your Username! : )

Why don't we just cut Phoenix out of 3-way deal, and just perform 2 separate trades

Trade 1: Jerome Dyson + two 2nd round picks to Minny for Wes Johnson and a 1st round pick. We could absorb Johnson's contract straight up with our salary cap space.

Trade 2: Brad Miller to Phoenix for Lopez and Warrick.

That is basically the same trade in the 3-way deal.
    Because we do not have the cap space to absord Johnson Warrick and Lopez.

This proposed trade is in some trouble according to the Arizona Republic. The Suns owner has stated the trade is 50/50. The issue is fitting the trade within league rules. I would hate for this thing to fall through after all this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    The Suns owner has stated the trade is 50/50.
    That's all you need to know right there. The snag is who takes on Miller's partially guaranteed contract. The Suns are the only one that can do it, there's only one way this could go, Sarver, who has a reputation for cheapness, was just trying to get NO or Min to give him cash. Woj says its happening and he has Miller going to Phoenix.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--th...kirilenko.html

I think it is aggregation of Miller's salary. That is the part I don't get. Normally, two momths must pass before you aggregate a traded player into a trade. The deal won't work as two deal's since Dyson's contract is too small. I wss yakking about this and other curiosities yesterday.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I think it is aggregation of Miller's salary. That is the part I don't get. Normally, two momths must pass before you aggregate a traded player into a trade. The deal won't work as two deal's since Dyson's contract is too small. I wss yakking about this and other curiosities yesterday.
    how is woj + a lot of other places reporting this trade done then? YOU ARE THE NUMBERS GUY!!!!! haha just messing.

If I understand correctly, Miller's cap value is only about $800k (as his option has not been picked up) and Dyson is about $762k, so those contracts can be seperated into a separate trade if needed. Even if that is not the case (and his entire $5 million is considered the value in a trade), the Hornets could trade Miller straight up for Warrick to get Miller's contract out of the deal into a separate deal.

New Orleans had been working diligently for weeks on acquiring a center to play alongside No. 1 overall pick Anthony Davis, and give Davis some inside support.
    From the article linked above.

Just because we didn't hear anything does not mean Dempsey wasn't working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    If I understand correctly, Miller's cap value is only about $800k (as his option has not been picked up) and Dyson is about $762k, so those contracts can be seperated into a separate trade if needed. Even if that is not the case (and his entire $5 million is considered the value in a trade), the Hornets could trade Miller straight up for Warrick to get Miller's contract out of the deal into a separate deal.

Miller's cap figure is $5.1 million until he gets bought out. Combining his salary with Dyson's is essential because we can take back 150%. 150% of $5.1 million = $7.65, or just $3.65 for Lopez in the first year once you take out Warrick's $4 million salary. Throw Dyson's salary in the mix and and you can start Lopez at about $4.8 million.

Thread Information