Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Where are the whiners - "Why aren't we using our cap space!" "Why haven't we bought out Miller yet?? He's eating up our cap space!"

Oh, Dell Demps decided we'd flip a 2016 top 55 protected 2nd round pick to Minnesota last week and somehow turn that into two 2nd round picks, Hakim Warrick and his expiring contract, Robin Lopez on a reasonable deal, and probably close to 3 million in cash money.

We basically had Minnesota pay us to take Brad Miller's contract, and then a week later we had them pay us more to take it back. KAHHHNNNNNN!!!!

That's doin work.
    It's worth remembering we had to flip Jack for essentially nothing in order to create the cap slot to hold Miller's contract temporarily- it was a deal done in three parts.

Trading Jack for Lopez (and Warrick to grease the wheels for Phoenix) was the essence of the dealing, it was just convoluted.
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Source: Hornets get Lopez in three-team deal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

"NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The Hornets, Suns and Timberwolves have agreed to a multiplayer trade sending 7-foot center Robin Lopez and forward Hakim Warrick from Phoenix to New Orleans, while moving forward Wesley Johnson and a first-round draft pick from Minnesota to Phoenix, a person familiar with the deal said.
    The person told The Associated Press about the trade on condition of anonymity Wednesday because it has not been announced pending the completion of some routine logistical matters.
    The deal also sends guard Jerome Dyson and retiring center Brad Miller's $5.1 million contract from New Orleans to Minnesota, allowing the Timberwolves to clear space under the NBA's salary cap as they pursue free agents. Minnesota also will receive two second-round draft picks from New Orleans, while the Hornets will receive cash..."

Please, Dell, keep Warrick!
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

So Phoenix takes Johnson and Millers contract to gain the 1st round pick. That makes a lot more sense than the deal that was initially reported. And the hornets take Warrick's contract and gain Lopez and cash. Wolves gets 2nd round picks and capspace to go after AK-47.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports

Dang 10 mil. a year.

So exactly how many players now are signed and on the roster? Here is what I do know: Davis, Rivers, Gordon, V man, Anderson, Smith, Aminou. I believe those guys are definitely signed. Not sure about Thomas. Lopez and Warrick are I guess if trade goes through. Miller will eventually sign. So what does that total to be: counting those signed and those to be signed 11. There is at least 4 spots left unless I am forgetting someone.

Wow Twolves just signed AK-47 to 2 year 20million. Kahn is crazy lol

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    The first rounder from Minny still seems out of place to me, though I don't doubt the validity of it. Just seems Minny is giving up too much just for some cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski: Minnesota is finalizing a two-year, $20 million contract with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league sources tell Y! Sports

Dang 10 mil. a year.
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    KAHNNNNNN

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    KAHNNNNNN
    lol, that Anderson deal is looking more and more like a bargain how teams are throwing money around.

Geez Kevin Love wanting playoffs has Khan scared lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Vintage Kahn

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Wow. I guess they had to overpay him to keep him from ring chasing to Brooklyn... But thats alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Wow. I guess they had to overpay him to keep him from ring chasing to Brooklyn... But thats alot.
    Wow AK-47 went from being offered the vets minimum from Nets to getting paid $10 million a year in a matter of days by the Twolves.
    KAHN!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno if Minny were making a classic "Kaaaahn" dog's breakfast of moves completely- iirc they moved Miller to create the space to sign Batum, whose offer Portland matched.

Plan B seems to have been to sign Stiemsma and Kirilenko, but they had to shift Wes Johnson to do it.

They're going to be a different looking team, that's for sure- who knows how it will turn out though?

Wow AK-47 went from being offered the vets minimum from Nets to getting paid $10 million a year in a matter of days by the Twolves.
    KAHN!!!!!!!!!!
    kahn was bidding against himself

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    Geez Kevin Love wanting playoffs has Khan scared lol
    Bingo- Love's on the clock, and so too are Rubio and Adelman for that matter.

Pekovic-Love-Kirilenko is a pretty rugged front-court

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/...x/phoenix-suns

Wow Warrick was 2nd on the depth chart at Small Forward for the Suns. 6'9" 219lbs good depth at SF/PF now.

KKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/...x/phoenix-suns

Wow Warrick was 2nd on the depth chart at Small Forward for the Suns. 6'9" 219lbs good depth at SF/PF now.
    Don't forget about Grant Hill (or Childress).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    FIFY
    LMAO! I guess they have Rubio at the point, Budinger and Adelman as coach- too bad they amnestied Milicic (did I really write that?).

It's a bit eerie considering what happened at Sacramento with Phil Jackson and everything..

I like the trade for the 3 teams. Lopez is physical, big and still young. Let's get a veteran at backup SG and we're done...

I think Roger Mason Jr. fits the mold. Kind of weird to think that but its true. We just need someone who can consistently knock down an open jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbeard06 View Post
    Where y'at 42? What's the latest on this deal. Where is Brad Miller going? He can't go back to MN, that violates the CBA. He has to go to PHX.
    Reading about this. That's one issue fixed....

Quincy Pondexter ‏@QuincyPondexter
    Happy my bro Robin Lopez goin to NOLA. Really a good fit for Coach Mont. Take care of him out there #504 ya heard

Thread Information