Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    The Timberwolves are not going to keep Cunningham, who they got in a trade from Memphis. Option for New Orleans?
    Source?

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Whether or not a player 'starts' is irrelevant. Just like people focus way too much on positions. It's what he can contribute and how many minutes he gets. And here's the thing: none of us know any of that right now. Let's just sit back and let the season unfold.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    We'll be a better rebounding team but if our tempo is slow as last season, I don't expect this team to average more than 41-43rpg at most.
    what????? we averaged 41rpg last season. i think its safe to say we have improved in that area.

So we are getting Robin for 15 mill over 3 years while Brooklyn is paying Brook 60 mill over 4 years...great job Demps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Whether or not a player 'starts' is irrelevant. Just like people focus way too much on positions. It's what he can contribute and how many minutes he gets. And here's the thing: none of us know any of that right now. Let's just sit back and let the season unfold.
    unknown.....for once i agree with you, and have been trying to get this point across for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    what????? we averaged 41rpg last season. i think its safe to say we have improved in that area.
    That's the absolute low.

i gotcha, but still you think we only improved 2rpg?
    43rpg would put the team in the top 10 in most years. Even during our peak in 06-07, we averaged 43. Unless they land a great rebounder outside of Davis, I can't imagine the team exceeding 43 average.

That's the absolute low.
    you are probably right, just realizing that 44rpb would be one of the better rebounding teams. i just hope we would do better than last year.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    unknown.....for once i agree with you, and have been trying to get this point across for a while now.
    I just find it hilarious this thread has somehow managed to bloat to thirty plus pages. Prior to this deal the Hornets have made no shortage of amazing off-season acquisitions/trades and people still feel the need to manufacture news/over analyze the tiniest of statistical anomalies. Even if this trade goes through I'm sure there will still be a steady stream of nonsensical threads arguing how we still lack X, Y, and Z -- scrutinizing Johnny McScrubo the fourth tier bench warmer and how his presence/absence will factor in an additional 0.426 wins to the team.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and not post if there's nothing relevant or newsworthy to say.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

never 2 without 3

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    So we are getting Robin for 15 mill over 3 years while Brooklyn is paying Brook 60 mill over 4 years...great job Demps.
    Like I saw someone else post, we are getting the genetic copy of a Max deal 7 footer lol
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

I just find it hilarious this thread has somehow managed to bloat to thirty plus pages. Prior to this deal the Hornets have made no shortage of amazing off-season acquisitions/trades and people still feel the need to manufacture news/over analyze the tiniest of statistical anomalies. Even if this trade goes through I'm sure there will still be a steady stream of nonsensical threads arguing how we still lack X, Y, and Z -- scrutinizing Johnny McScrubo the fourth tier bench warmer and how his presence/absence will factor in an additional 0.426 wins to the team.

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and not post if there's nothing relevant or newsworthy to say.
    There's a site for that. H247.com

The CBA states you can trade a player to a team that traded him away during that season, July 1 - June 30. I mentions no special rule for a situation like Brad's. If there is such a rule, fine. It does not affect us a lick.

The resources on this are imperfect. Does anyone have experience in this?

I also thought we couldn't aggregate his salary with that of another for 60 days, but that seems to be tossed out too if we are getting Warrick. There a few things here that are odd, and they may be misreported or 'wrinkles' involving Miller's contract.

We just don't have the means to send out Miller and Dyson separately and take back Warrick and Lopez's reported deal without aggreagation since Dyson's deal is small. Separate deals would have to 'work' on their own.

A rapid succession of nonsimultaneous deals don't create enough bandwidth.

I'm dying to see how this is worked out or if there's a missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Like I saw someone else post, we are getting the genetic copy of a Max deal 7 footer lol
    Yeah...and we only have to pay 33 cents on every dollar that Brooklyn is paying. i know Brook is a better player but is he 10 mill more per year better...He doesn't even average 10 rebounds per game....If Demps keeps making moves like this, we really could be contending for the title in 2014.

ESPN is reporting the deal is done. Warrick and lopez to NO WJ to Phoenix brad miller and two seconds to MIN. They just need to do physicals and all that jargon but its basically a done deal unless someone fails a physical.

ill c&p my post from last page and tweak it with updates:

i think the deal is agreed upon but the hold up is that the deal cannot be official until our team doctors give lopez a physical.

this could change but the latest i saw as far as details was hornets get lopez + warrick (pretty much an expiring contract), suns get wes johnson, minn's 1st and brad miller's contract, minn gets cap space and 2 future 2nd rounders.
    Don't underestimate the importance of the physical. Lopez has a bad back and has had some knee injuries. Not a gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Don't underestimate the importance of the physical. Lopez has a bad back and has had some knee injuries. Not a gimme.
    Didn't all those injuries happen in 2010?

O and ill miss you JD!!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    The CBA states you can trade a player to a team that traded him away during that season, July 1 - June 30. I mentions no special rule for a situation like Brad's. If there is such a rule, fine. It does not affect us a lick.

The resources on this are imperfect. Does anyone have experience in this?

I also thought we couldn't aggregate his salary with that of another for 60 days, but that seems to be tossed out too if we are getting Warrick. There a few things here that are odd, and they may be misreported or 'wrinkles' involving Miller's contract.

We just don't have the means to send out Miller and Dyson separately and take back Warrick and Lopez's reported deal without aggreagation since Dyson's deal is small. Separate deals would have to 'work' on their own.

A rapid succession of nonsimultaneous deals don't create enough bandwidth.

I'm dying to see how this is worked out or if there's a missing piece.
    NOLA.com story is reporting that the Hornets are receiving CASH from Minnesota as well. Is that the missing component?

The Bulls are the best rebounding team the league. The 4 guys you listed ALL have great rebounding rates. Smith and Lopez are considered poor rebounders for their position. I think it's unrealistic to believe that they would make a big improvement all of a sudden at this stage in their careers.

We'll be a better rebounding team but if our tempo is slow as last season, I don't expect this team to average more than 41-43rpg at most.
    Aminu and Vasquez also rebound at a very high rate for their positions, especially Aminu. Aminu might have the best rebound rate in the league at the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidA View Post
    Aminu and Vasquez also rebound at a very high rate for their positions, especially Aminu. Aminu might have the best rebound rate in the league at the 3.
    He does. But that balances out with Gordon's poor rebounding rate does it not?

i wholeheartedly agree

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    NOLA.com story is reporting that the Hornets are receiving CASH from Minnesota as well. Is that the missing component?
    Cash has no trade value.

All the stories I've seen are the AP story, give or take.

Damn, Robin Lopez is actually a good free throw shooter for a big

Thread Information