Pelicans Report

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    this article says miller's contract is going back to minn, i thought 42 someone in here said previously that that could not happen?

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Which ones don't you think are realistic? The Lopez one definitely, but besides that? Ryan averaged 8 last year rounding up and the smith numbers are the same as last year. So that just leave's Davis. You don't think Davis will be a top 10 rebounder next year?
    Our frontcourt isn't going to average 32rpg by themselves. Individually on different teams, they may be capable of those numbers, but together on this team.. that ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    dyson being sent to the wolves.

and the hornets receive cash, interesting.
    So we got the cash to pay Warrick's salary this year maybe?

DEAL IS DONE!
    Last edited by MarcNOLA; 07-25-2012 at 03:32 PM.

i guess demps is content with brian roberts being our 3rd pg.

Cash considerations too?! Demps is the man.

How can we trade Miller to Minny
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Maybe you can trade a players contract back. I don't know.

Nor honestly, do I care...

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    i guess demps is content with brian roberts being our 3rd pg.
    I think I would be too...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

So we got the cash to pay Warrick's salary this year maybe?
    i dont know how much $$$ it will be, but i doubt it will be enough to buy out the rest of his contract, since we are in a transition year, it wouldnt benefit us just to either let warrick's contract play out, and use our team option next year, or trade him come feb/march.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

We're not

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    He is going to Phoenix !

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I think I would be too...
    i dont have a problem with it either.

Here's the source. It's the same AP article. I just posted the link instead of the WHOLE article.

I think the media are still getting the details wrong but the AP says its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Our frontcourt isn't going to average 32rpg by themselves. Individually on different teams, they may be capable of those numbers, but together on this team.. that ain't happening.
    Yeah, might be a little high. Chicago front court (asik, boozer, noah, gibson) got about thirty though. They were the best as far as I know. Minutes and stats will probably be sacrificed by Smith and Lopez though.

Did someone mention me?
    SIGN A SF

The Timberwolves are not going to keep Cunningham, who they got in a trade from Memphis. Option for New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Here's the source. It's the same AP article. I just posted the link instead of the WHOLE article.

I think the media are still getting the details wrong but the AP says its done.
    Not really reliable IMO, how is Brad Miller going back to Minny?

Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    the article has to be wrong about that part, he must be going to suns.

Been away for a bit. Just to clear things up; is the deal done? And if so what are specifics? Apologize in advance for being lazy and not digging through 33 pages.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joetzeng View Post
    Hes not gpoing to Minny, hes going to PHX !

Lopez ain't starting. he is what he is, a 5 million a year rotation big. His playing time will depend largely on matchups If we are playing the Lakers, whoever Howard ends up with, Washington, Phoenix, Memphis, etc he probably gets 20-25 minutes. If we are playing OKC, San Antonio, Cleveland he probably gets closer to 15 because Anderson/Davis can guard the Diaws, Perkins, Ibakas, Varajeo's of the world. If we play Miami, he might not get off the bench at all! Pretty much the same way Miami uses Joel Anthony, or the way OKC uses Perkins. Difference w/ OKC is they are paying Perk 10 mill and we are paying Lopez 5 mill. Big difference there, win for us! Also, those frontcourt minutes will include some at the "3." Whether it's Anderson or Davis playing SF, there will be minutes in there for big lineups vs., say, the Lakers. Can Anderson guard Artest? yep. Why can't you run a Lopez-Davis-Anderson frontcourt?

Also, a blanket statement saying Anderson "can't play defense on the 3" or "Can't play defense on the 5" are stupid arguements, because every team is different. Can he guard Rudy Gay or Iguadala or Durant? no. Can he guard Chandler Parsons? Shawn Marion? Gerald Wallace? Jared Dudley? Whoever Charlotte, Orlando, Detroit, or Cleveland puts on the floor? Probably. Bynum, Howard, Gasol? No. Can he guard Perkins, Joel Anthony, Whoever Charlotte, Detroit, Cleveland or Orlando puts on the floor? yeah, probably so.

Yeah, might be a little high. Chicago front court (asik, boozer, noah, gibson) got about thirty though. They were the best as far as I know. Minutes and stats will probably be sacrificed by Smith and Lopez though.
    The Bulls are the best rebounding team the league. The 4 guys you listed ALL have great rebounding rates. Smith and Lopez are considered poor rebounders for their position. I think it's unrealistic to believe that they would make a big improvement all of a sudden at this stage in their careers.

We'll be a better rebounding team but if our tempo is slow as last season, I don't expect this team to average more than 41-43rpg at most.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Been away for a bit. Just to clear things up; is the deal done? And if so what are specifics? Apologize in advance for being lazy and not digging through 33 pages.
    ill c&p my post from last page and tweak it with updates:

i think the deal is agreed upon but the hold up is that the deal cannot be official until our team doctors give lopez a physical.

this could change but the latest i saw as far as details was hornets get lopez + warrick (pretty much an expiring contract), suns get wes johnson, minn's 1st and brad miller's contract, minn gets cap space and 2 future 2nd rounders.

ill c&p my post from last page and tweak it with updates:

i think the deal is agreed upon but the hold up is that the deal cannot be official until our team doctors give lopez a physical.

this could change but the latest i saw as far as details was hornets get lopez + warrick (pretty much an expiring contract), suns get wes johnson, minn's 1st and brad miller's contract, minn gets cap space and 2 future 2nd rounders.
    Thanks bro.

Thread Information