Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat504 View Post
    What about Anderson? And you left out PJIII for them who I believe will turn into a very strong player for them.
    I'd say Davis/Anderson = Durant
    Wherehappens.

I fell asleep, is anything official yet?
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Davis= Ibaka (the hope is Davis takes it to the next level defensively)
    Gordon= Harden ( again the hope is that Gordon can take it to the next level
    Anderson= Durant (a poor poor man's version, he just needs to stay efficient)
    Rivers= Westbrook (can he get to the basket at will? can he get others involved?)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    yes reading comprehension problems, because in that post i didnt say those two would start together. i said my belief was that our best lineup is rivers, gordon, anderson, davis and lopez. best lineup, as in people on the floor together at the same time. your best 5 players that work best together do not always start. would manu not be in the spurs best lineup? i didnt say starting because i dont think rivers is going to start for us day 1. no didnt backtrack you just suck a reading.
    Your crazy if you think Lopez is in the best lineup. If it so, then we are worse off than I thought we were. I'm not even convinced he runs with the 2s. You are overvaluing the guy as a basketball player. He's a project at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Davis= Ibaka (the hope is Davis takes it to the next level defensively)
    Gordon= Harden ( again the hope is that Gordon can take it to the next level
    Anderson= Durant (a poor poor man's version, he just needs to stay efficient)
    Rivers= Westbrook (can he get to the basket at will? can he get others involved?)
    Interesting. I wasn't comparing their skillets so much as their impact on the team, but this is an interesting way to look at it. I don't really see Davis as our Ibaka for example. He is going to be way way better than Ibaka. He's going to be the guy who puts butts in the seats next year. That's why I labelled him our Durant.

I don't know where Anderson fits on the "Okc" scale. Maybe their Jeff Green before they traded him? It just shows how much potential this team has! And all under the age of 25! Wowzers.

The deal is still on track.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker View Post
    Your crazy if you think Lopez is in the best lineup. If it so, then we are worse off than I thought we were. I'm not even convinced he runs with the 2s. You are overvaluing the guy as a basketball player. He's a project at best.
    You should give Lopez a chance. Also, you should go back and watch the Sun's 2010 semifinals against the Lakers. Lopez was a beast. Watching his exit interview online, it is pretty clear to me he felt like he could never get going this year because of his playing time. He would get six minutes here and eight minutes there. There just weren't that many minutes available with Gortat on the team. Also, he mentioned his injuries held him back last year.

This year he will hopefully be healthy and in a system that knows how to utilize bigs. He should get regular minutes, lots of them, and he loves NO gumbo so he may be a happy camper for once.

He does have a lot of potential. I always liked his heart and passion for the game. That's I think what pushed him above some of the other center options out there like Haywood or Hollins in my mind. That and that he is a genetic clone of a max player in the league.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-25-2012 at 01:43 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    and you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 07-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but come on. Not even run with the 2s? Yeah, Dell is paying him 3 years/15 mill to sit on the bench. Don't be ridiculous. He's 24, and has regressed, but maybe Monty can get that talent that was seen his rookie year out of him? If not, then he's a 5 mill a year back up C to someone we add later on.

Now that we have the following bigs wrapped up:

Robin Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Jason Smith

I can't help but recall that comment Eric Gordon made about our frontline during free agency. Something along the lines of, "What bigs do the Hornets have, Jason Smith?" Is there any irony to the fact we have like half of the Suns' front line players from last year? Lol.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-25-2012 at 01:57 PM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    jason smith is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post

Brook Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Steve Smith

I can't help but recall that comment Eric Gordon made about our frontline during free agency. Something along the lines of, "What bigs do the Hornets have, Steve Smith?" Is there any irony to the fact we have like half of the Suns' front line players from last year? Lol.
    You mean Jason Smith? and Robin Lopez?

Brook Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Steve Smith

I can't help but recall that comment Eric Gordon made about our frontline during free agency. Something along the lines of, "What bigs do the Hornets have, Steve Smith?" Is there any irony to the fact we have like half of the Suns' front line players from last year? Lol.
    Steve Smith? he plays for the Carolina Panties....

I love everything that Dell has done this offseason, how he has moved our Hornet chess pieces. The pieces of the puzzle have come together nicely. I would love to flip X for a better asset (draft pick?) though. His summer league were the pitts.

Brook Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Steve Smith

HUUUUUUHHH?

nah, If we were trying to be OKC we would have tanked this year, spurs model yeah,
    Duncan=Davis
    Manu=Gordon
    shooting big, defensive big
    and Small forward is a "swing man" for this team.
    A bunch of castoffs with defined skill sets that become role players (Smith, Vazquez...)
    Total Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    nah, If we were trying to be OKC we would have tanked this year, spurs model yeah,
    Duncan=Davis
    Manu=Gordon
    shooting big, defensive big
    and Small forward is a "swing man" for this team.
    A bunch of castoffs with defined skill sets that become role players (Smith, Vazquez...)
    Total Spurs.
    Yea you kinda nailed it actually. I like it!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    You so Funny ! When Lopez, AD and Jason smith are in the game together, those freakin point guard are gonna have welps all over their bodies . Gonna be like gettin slapped continuously with big ole *** fly swatters ! Lopez is fast, runs the floor & long ! Monty will teach him defense ! Smith, Davis and Lopez side by side take up the whole damn width of the floor arms extended !

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon
    Aminu/Miller/Henry
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas/Warrick
    Davis/Lopez

We are still in need of a backup 2, hopefully we can flip Henry for a pick and use the cap space to sign Meeks/Pietrus/W.Green... just please no Roger Mason.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Brook Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Steve Smith

Man , that stuff from the can must be really good !

He was up late. He knows it's Robin and Jason.

Brook Lopez
    Anthony Davis
    Ryan Anderson
    Hakim Warrick
    Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    You mean Jason Smith? and Robin Lopez?

Lol. Brain fart. I watched a lot of panthers football last year with Cam playing and at least I mentioned an identical twin for the other. Hahah. And yes I stayed up way past my bed time last night.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-25-2012 at 02:04 PM.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    I'm interested to see what a change of scenery and much better coach can do for Lopez. Hate that his vertical is practically gone now, but hopefully he stays healthy. We don't need him to do much, just be that solid reliable banger so AD doesn't have to be.

I am pretty sure his name is Jason Smiht! not Smith

Thread Information