Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    So guarding the guys like Kevin Love, Zach Randolph, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol, Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka, David Lee, David West, etc is the alternative? Doesn't seem like much of a difference. There's really no way around it. You put him at the four, you put him at the five, he's going to be over matched.
    Outside of Gasol, those other players play more in the 6'9" range and play more of a face up game than as a bang to the basket. Davis West would probably be the best at backing down but Davis would have a height advantage.

Of the lesser of two evils during a very long and arduous NBA season, I'd rather he deal with that group than the Bynum/Gortat one.

jerome dyson
    ‏@slicenanddice

A lil bummed out but life goes on
    crazy to think it has to do with a possible trade? if so, i really hoped he was with us next season but i guess you can't get too attached to third string PGs

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I guess I'm the only one who's disappointed that Dyson's involved in this trade

Quite frankly I'm more intrigued of getting Warrick than Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    crazy to think it has to do with a possible trade? if so, i really hoped he was with us next season but i guess you can't get too attached to third string PGs
    He was mentioned earlier as a potential piece in the trade. It would open the door for Roberts, who is more of a fit on this team with his perimeter shooting.

This tweet could mean that the trade is done... Stay tuned people!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who's disappointed that Dyson's involved in this trade

Quite frankly I'm more intrigued of getting Warrick than Lopez.
    Intrigued with Warrick? Why? He is terrible.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Always been a fan of his game. Wanted to sign him a couple of years back when he was a FA. I feel he's a pretty explosive backup forward. I've never been a fan of the Lopez brothers. Always found them to be vastly overrated. Hopefully after this trade Robin can change my perception of them. But until then, I'm not a fan of this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I don't thnk you are getting a pick. You are getting Johnson and Miller's $848,000 salary hit for getting rid of a bad player, and sending Lopez to us for facilitating, more than likely. Why on earth would someone give you a pick and johnson for Warrick when you are trying to get rid of Warrick and could use a Johnson?

Think, man. Think.
    Yeah... I think we probably are getting a pick... because the sources that are reporting have the Suns receiving a pick. Minnesota has the rights to a few extra picks over the next 2 years.

They give up the pick and Johnson because they need cap space to sign AK47 (because for some reason Khan thinks having 20 small forwards is a good plan). Wes Johnson is a pure a bust as they come. His trade value is virtually nil. If he shows a pulse... then great, but I dont think Johnson projects as a decent player anymore.

And I dont think its New Orleans who is the facilitator here, they seem to be the initiator in their pursuit of Lopez, Minny in their pure cap dump is the facilitator, while New Orleans gets a big guy the want, Phoenix gets a return on an RFA.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    always hold out hope for athletes, or at least some dope alley oops

Lopez is the superior player.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

trade dat could happen within next 24hrs

In the deal, the Phoenix Suns would send Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to New Orleans, and the Suns would get Wesley Johnson and a future first-round pick from Minnesota. The source said New Orleans would trade Brad Miller to the Suns. It's unclear what Minnesota would get is andrei kirilenko & undisclosed pick/players i wish hornets got wes j in deal except warrick but w.e we get our center we needed

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Yeah... I think we probably are getting a pick... because the sources that are reporting have the Suns receiving a pick. Minnesota has the rights to a few extra picks over the next 2 years.

They give up the pick and Johnson because they need cap space to sign AK47 (because for some reason Khan thinks having 20 small forwards is a good plan). Wes Johnson is a pure a bust as they come. His trade value is virtually nil. If he shows a pulse... then great, but I dont think Johnson projects as a decent player anymore.

And I dont think its New Orleans who is the facilitator here, they seem to be the initiator in their pursuit of Lopez, Minny in their pure cap dump is the facilitator, while New Orleans gets a big guy the want, Phoenix gets a return on an RFA.
    Have you even looked at the salaries?

$4,640,000 Warrick in some places, $4,000,000 in others.

$4,285,560 Johnson.

Where's the massive savings?

And why pay you to do you a favor?

Those sources also had Warrick to us. So which do you believe?

Maybe it's true, but why? Where's the logic? The data?

Just believe what people tell you, if you want. I'd rather question what's right and screw up that way than accept what's wrong and be that buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by king-kush504 View Post
    In the deal, the Phoenix Suns would send Robin Lopez and Hakim Warrick to New Orleans, and the Suns would get Wesley Johnson and a future first-round pick from Minnesota. The source said New Orleans would trade Brad Miller to the Suns. It's unclear what Minnesota would get is andrei kirilenko & undisclosed pick/players i wish hornets got wes j in deal except warrick but w.e we get our center we needed
    Seems like way too good of a trade for Phoenix to be true. They get rid of Warrick's contract and send us Lopez (who is an RFA that wouldn't re-sign with them anyway), and in return they get the #4 overall pick from the 2010 draft and an additional 1st round pick?

Nah. I'm not buying that.

$4,285,560 Johnson.

Just believe what people tell you, if you want. I'd rather question what's right and screw up that way than accept what's wrong and be that buffoon.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    He was mentioned earlier as a potential piece in the trade. It would open the door for Roberts, who is more of a fit on this team with his perimeter shooting.

This tweet could mean that the trade is done... Stay tuned people!
    Basically my thoughts when I heard Dyson might be involved.

Warrick's last year is a team option, correct?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

$4,285,560 Johnson.

Warrick does go to New Orleans... Minny dumps 4~ million, depending on what little NO sends to them. Thats the savings...

And its not out of character for David Khan to give up quickly on former high lotto picks. The future first is the value the Suns are getting here. They lose a 7 footer who has shown a pulse... they gain a pick. Johnson's trade value is nil. He is a dead weight contract in this situation that the Suns are taking on as the favor.

Warrick does go to New Orleans... Minny dumps 4~ million, depending on what little NO sends to them. Thats the savings...

And its not out of character for David Khan to give up quickly on former high lotto picks. The first is the value the Suns are getting here. They lose a 7 footer who has shown a pulse... they gain a pick. Johnson's trade value is nil. He is a dead weight contract in this situation that the Suns are taking on as the favor.
    So Minnesota is giving up a past top five pick and a first rounder to get rid of 4 million dollars? There's a reason 42 said "massive" savings. That exchange is completely one sided bro.

Hmm... I have a kinder view on him than many. As in I think he is a serviceable rotation player off the bench, you do need to keep an eye on him and be ready to yank him if he begins to wet the bed, but he can play.

Its hard to imagine its biased to view this as a positive for Phoenix when they're getting a young player and a pick for a reserve center (who they didnt not intend on signing) and Warrick... who is indisputably terrible.
    You keep saying this, but don't you think this is just a bit of revisionist history on your part?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...3792--nba.html

And its not out of character for David Khan to give up quickly on former high lotto picks. The future first is the value the Suns are getting here. They lose a 7 footer who has shown a pulse... they gain a pick. Johnson's trade value is nil. He is a dead weight contract in this situation that the Suns are taking on as the favor.
    We can take back a hair over $6m. So Lopez signs for $2m? We win. He must really love us and hate you then, right?

You are being completely illogical and it's hilarious.

Tell us more. please.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    So Minnesota is giving up a past top five pick and a first rounder to get rid of 4 million dollars? There's a reason 42 said "massive" savings. That exchange is completely one sided bro.
    Dude, look at Wes Johnson, the "past top 5 pick" doesnt matter. We have seen guys get dumped for nothing before, even by Khan. They gave away Flynn, he was a 6th pick, the Grizz gave away Thabeet, he was 2nd. When a former top pick is a complete disaster then they just become a dead weight contract. Last year Wes Johnson was among the worst players in the NBA, he had a PER of 8. And its not like he came out at 19. Wes Johnson was supposed to be polished when he came out. The guy has been a monumental bust.

Minnesota is giving up a future 1st to clear cap space (Johnson's dead weight contract) so they can make a signing. That is their motivation. These kinds of trades happen all the time. Now, if Johnson defies the odds and turns he career around, then in retrospect its a one sided trade. But odds are the Suns wont even pick up Johnson's option and he will be gone after next year.

Why is this thread still going on if the deal fail through? Its like teasing to talk about could of's lol.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Sure, but if we are taking on Warrick's contract (aka the "savings" for Minny, as you put it), why don't we get the pick? You really think it is fair for you to dump Warrick on us and take the 1st round pick for yourself? This is all pointless though, IMO, because I don't see where a 1st round pick fits in anywhere, and I don't think one will be involved.

Again, as my buddy 42 points out, you need to "think."

We can take back a hair over $6m. So Lopez signs for $2m? We win. He must really love us and hate you then, right?

You are being completely illogical and it's hilarious.

Tell us more. please.
    ... with Brad Miller being tossed in (and by all reports he is) New Orleans can take on well over 5 million.

But please, tell me more about being illogical and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why is this thread still going on if the deal fail through? Its like teasing to talk about could of's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The deal started back up again man. You didn't read the thread?

Dude, look at Wes Johnson, the "past top 5 pick" doesnt matter. We have seen guys get dumped for nothing before, even by Khan. They gave away Flynn, he was a 6th pick, the Grizz gave away Thabeet, he was 2nd. When a former top pick is a complete disaster then they just become a dead weight contract. Last year Wes Johnson was among the worst players in the NBA, he had a PER of 8. And its not like he came out at 19. Wes Johnson was supposed to be polished when he came out. The guy has been a monumental bust.

Minnesota is giving up a future 1st to clear cap space (Johnson's dead weight contract) so they can make a signing. That is their motivation. These kinds of trades happen all the time. Now, if Johnson defies the odds and turns he career around, then in retrospect its a one sided trade. But odds are the Suns wont even pick up Johnson's option and he will be gone after next year.
    So, if this happens, and Lopez signs for $2m, did we do a good job? Remember, we started with $5m expiring at PG, then got picks, saddled you with nearly $1m, and got a center for $2m for 2-4y and still have an expiring $4m contract to play with? (See Valley of the Suns for the team option info if you don't want to believe Hornets folks).

So, say it.

Thread Information