Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    I think he's referring to the representative of Team USA "calling upon" Davis over other candidates who play "center".

That's how I read it.
    Who is the representative of Team USA? Colangelo?

"I felt from day one it was a longshot only because we didn’t know about the physicality in terms of his ability to move up against stronger players,” Colangelo said. “The fact that he was injured took him out almost immediately."

I think their might be a silent agreement to limit his minutes to avoid possible injury for the reason Colangelo gave in that quote.

I think some people haven't watch basketbll enough realize it, but once seen on the court, the tune will change in 2 seconds. He doesn't need to be trying to guard players like Gortat, Bynum, Duncan, Gasol Bros, the talented Lopez, etc. just to pick up fouls and get clobbered.

Not while he's a 19 year 220 anyway.
    Last edited by luckyman; 07-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Henry
    Aminu/Warrick/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas/Bowles
    Davis/Lopez

I think this will be the lineup with Davis getting more minutes at C as he progresses throughout the season. Anderson is the most proven big on our roster, so he has to start and get most of the minutes at PF.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 07-24-2012 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Davis is the top pick in the draft and Anderson is a borderline All-Star with a big contract. Neither are coming off the bench. I guarantee it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    And it's not like we traded for his contract. We gave him that on our own.

If we had any intentions of him coming off the bench, we wouldn't have given him eight or eight and a half.

I mean man, it isn't rocket science. People either can't really grasp the concept, or are just over thinking.
    The Spurs pay Manu Ginobili $13 million to come off the bench. OKC brings Harden off the bench, and he is on the Olympic team.

I'm not saying this will be the case with Anderson, but it is a possibility. I'd like for him to start, but I do wonder how things will work defensively. I think Davis has the skills and length to guard opposing centers, but I'm not sure he has the strength yet. We'll see.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not while he's a 19 year 220 anyway.
    fwiw they're saying he's 230 now. Take it with a grain of salt obviously.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    And stop calling each other idiots... its childish. None of us honestly know who is starting where. When denzel Bowels becomes our starting center opening day who will be the idiot then?
    Demps.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Salt? Then it's water weight.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    The Spurs pay Manu Ginobili $13 million to come off the bench. OKC brings Harden off the bench, and he is on the Olympic team.

I'm not saying this will be the case with Anderson, but it is a possibility. I'd like for him to start, but I do wonder how things will work defensively. I think Davis has the skills and length to guard opposing centers, but I'm not sure he has the strength yet. We'll see.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson starts with Davis and either Smith or Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    We could do $7m a year, so that's possible. We could pull a mini-Collison kind of deal. Your bias is making it hard to respond more completely.

Hmm... I have a kinder view on him than many. As in I think he is a serviceable rotation player off the bench, you do need to keep an eye on him and be ready to yank him if he begins to wet the bed, but he can play.

Its hard to imagine its biased to view this as a positive for Phoenix when they're getting a young player and a pick for a reserve center (who they didnt not intend on signing) and Warrick... who is indisputably terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Yeah, because there were reports that he had added 15 lbs of muscle before the combine, only for him to weigh in at the same weight he was listed at Kentucky.

I see that happening next year.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I think some people haven't watch basketbll enough realize it, but once seen on the court, the tune will change in 2 seconds. He doesn't need to be trying to guard players like Gortat, Bynum, Duncan, Gasol Bros, the talented Lopez, etc. just to pick up fouls and get clobbered.
    So guarding the guys like Kevin Love, Zach Randolph, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol, Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka, David Lee, David West, etc is the alternative? Doesn't seem like much of a difference. There's really no way around it. You put him at the four, you put him at the five, he's going to be over matched.

Demps.
    Haha good one. But i think the lineup we got now is depenent on matchups. Lopez and smith will most likely start agains the bigger c's. Anderson and davis will play together against smaller frontcourts. Truth is im not monty and its not our job to gaf who starts as long as it works.

nice

I don't thnk you are getting a pick. You are getting Johnson and Miller's $848,000 salary hit for getting rid of a bad player, and sending Lopez to us for facilitating, more than likely. Why on earth would someone give you a pick and johnson for Warrick when you are trying to get rid of Warrick and could use a Johnson?

Think, man. Think.

Wouldn't surprise me if Anderson starts with Davis and either Smith or Lopez.
    The thing about that is that Anderson can't guard SFs, I don't think. Davis may be able to. It would be interesting. I think the best matchup is Anderson on a PF, though.

I like the idea of Anderson (offense) and Davis (defense) starting together with Smith (offense) and Lopez (defense) coming off the bench together. Good balance. Again, though, the question is this: who guards the opposing center between Anderson and Davis?

The thing about that is that Anderson can't guard SFs, I don't think. Davis may be able to. It would be interesting. I think the best matchup is Anderson on a PF, though.

I like the idea of Anderson (offense) and Davis (defense) starting together with Smith (offense) and Lopez (defense) coming off the bench together. Good balance. Again, though, the question is this: who guards the opposing center between Anderson and Davis?
    Anderson. Slower, good offensive rebounder. Thoughts?

Hey wait a minute,where does the Bosnian Nightmare Darko Planinic fit in all of this?

I don't think Smith can guard bigger centers. Plus he's a suspect rebounder at the PF spot.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    So guarding the guys like Kevin Love, Zach Randolph, Blake Griffin, Pau Gasol, Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka, David Lee, David West, etc is the alternative? Doesn't seem like much of a difference. There's really no way around it. You put him at the four, you put him at the five, he's going to be over matched.
    Overmatched my foot. Not to mention that Davis is longer than a good bunch of the guys you mentioned. They'll have to shoot over him, which ain't an easy task.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    Hey wait a minute,where does the Bosnian Nightmare Darko Planinic fit in all of this?
    Thought you said Bostjan Nachbar!

I agree. I like Anderson at the 4. He's a deadly stretch 4.

I think Davis can guard most centers, but will have trouble against a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tip-Off View Post
    I hear hes been practicing his towel handing skills. Hes still quite raw, but he has a high ceiling.

Anderson. Slower, good offensive rebounder. Thoughts?
    You would think - especially with Davis offering weak-side protection. That was my suggestion in the beginning, but it got shut down pretty quickly by those saying, "he is a SF/PF, not a PF/C."

You would think - especially with Davis offering weak-side protection. That was my suggestion in the beginning, but it got shut down pretty quickly by those saying, "he is a SF/PF, not a PF/C."

I think he's a PF/C.

I do not truck with fractions of letters, sorry.

The line must be drawn HERE!

(ahem . . .)

I think he's a PF/C.
    Me too. And if that's the case, I think Anderson and Davis would definitely work.

Thread Information