Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Am I the only one not that crazy about Robin Lopez? And who comes off the bench him or Ryan Anderson?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    yeah still would need 4 more players to fulfill the 15 for opening night.
    You can only have 12 on the active rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySunday View Post
    Am I the only one not that crazy about Robin Lopez? And who comes off the bench him or Ryan Anderson?
    nope... I just hope they play a sideshow bob clip every time he scores (which won't happen often). That would be the only redeeming value. Lopez brothers are gahbage.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'm sure many weren't crazy about Jason Smith, once upon a time. Now he's one of the fan favs. We'll see how he fits into the Monty machine in time. Eh. I'm just glad The Supervillain's cookin' up another master plan.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Our starting 4 and 5 will be Anderson and Davis, so Lopez will be a bench guy.

I wouldn't say Lopez is a starter, but he has value as a backup. He's obviously got good size, can finish around the basket, displays good effort on rotations and such on defense, can block shots, etc.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Sorry if its already discussed, but any word on what kind of contract would Lopez be getting? How many years and how many million? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    If this trade goes down as advertised then its Minny who looks to be taking it in the can. For Suns its a win win. They trade away the worst player in the league and a below average reserve center, who they didnt even have under contract and that they had no interest in signing long term and get a 1st and a guy on his rookie contract who... is probably a complete bust but if he found a pulse it would be gravy.

Depends on the contract you guys give Lopez though. I know he wanted 7 mil a year, which is a laughable figure. If you guys ink him for about 4 a year for 2 or 3 years then its a decent deal.
    We could do $7m a year, so that's possible. We could pull a mini-Collison kind of deal. Your bias is making it hard to respond more completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm sure many weren't crazy about Jason Smith, once upon a time. Now he's one of the fan favs. We'll see how he fits into the Monty machine in time. Eh. I'm just glad The Supervillain's cookin' up another master plan.
    Hope your right I'm worried about his salary more than any thing though but I feel like Monty could absolutely maximize his potential.

No you are not alone, but he is the best true center left out there. Better than Turiaf lol. Yes I see him as a career backup, I would be a big fan if we can get him for no more than 4mill, but anything more would be a bit too much, but I trust Dell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Sorry if its already discussed, but any word on what kind of contract would Lopez be getting? How many years and how many million? Thanks.
    Unclear. No more than $7mish avg as reported, but this is highly unlikely in my mind. $4mish avg for 2-4 years seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Our starting 4 and 5 will be Anderson and Davis, so Lopez will be a bench guy.

I wouldn't say Lopez is a starter, but he has value as a backup. He's obviously got good size, can finish around the basket, displays good effort on rotations and such on defense, can block shots, etc
    Which is actually all were looking for in a backup C, pending if the price is right. Also with Warrick I may be mistaken but i do remember the suns using him as a SF quite often during the year.

I actually view him as a stop-gap C until we draft one next year. I think he can be a decent starter this year, but he ultimately is a pretty good back-up center!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Horrible, lol. Did Encino Man really get mad cuz Hump blocked him. Wow, lol. Looks like Robin got like a half of inch off the ground lol. Good try though.

Thats why Suns fans aren't coaches. Let coaches and GMs make that decision.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    Horrible, lol. Did Encino Man really get mad cuz Hump blocked him. Wow, lol. Looks like Robin got like a half of inch off the ground lol. Good try though.
    At least he goes up strong and with attitude. Have you ever seen Okafor attempt such a dunk? Also, Humphries is one of the most athletic PFs in the league. Let's not take one play out of context because Lopez has also completed a lot of those dunks.

Robin isn't the best, but he is capable, has upside, and has a great attitude - Tyson Chandler-esque with his attitude.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    At least he goes up strong and with attitude. Have you ever seen Okafor attempt such a dunk? Also, Humphries is one of the most athletic PFs in the league. Let's not take one play out of context because Lopez has also completed a lot of those dunks.

Robin isn't the best, but he is capable, has upside, and has a great attitude - Tyson Chandler-esque with his attitude.
    OHHHH! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    That wasn't a foul? Looked like he slapped his wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by QPon20 View Post
    That wasn't a foul? Looked like he slapped his wrist.
    30% ball, 70% wrist. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post
    He has the ability to play Center, it's just he will get trampled in the paint by Dwight and Bynum
    FIFY.....they are the only 2 dominant centers in the game and I wouldn't really call them dominant Shaq was dominant... they're just high level true Centers....wish everybody stop thinking there's a caliber player even close to those 2 on the rest of the teams in the NBA....we play 82 games a year and will probably only see those 2 what...2-4 games a piece? With AD pretty much covering the paint with his wingspan alone Smith/Lopez can hold their own against everyone else....
    Last edited by Miss_318; 07-24-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Robin Lopez is the guy I was hoping they would get so I'm very happy.

He has a lot of potential. Might be a real piece for the hornets, a part of their young core actually. He could fill the Nick Collison role for this team. He's 24 now, so there's a chance his immaturity will improve. Not all of these "kids" figure it out at the same rate. Plus, he's mean sorta injured the past couple years.

In the 2010 semi-finals it looked like he was breaking out to be some sort of star. No reason that with the help of Monty and Davis, he can't get back on track. Hope they sign him to a cheap four year contract and I hope he approaches 10/10 this year.
    Last edited by sfernald; 07-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Oh know doubt, I am on board for him being our backup for the next few years, it was just a funny video how he felt somewhat embarrassed because he got blocked so he got in Hump's face,lol. And as of now he is not a Hornet yet so I will laugh at him. Just like the poster from Arizona stated earlier, he is really emotional and has temper tantrums on the court, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    FIFY.....they are the only 2 dominant centers in the game and I wouldn't really call the dominant... just high level true Centers....wish everybody stop thinking there's a caliber player even close to those 2 on the rest of the teams in the NBA....we play 82 games a year and will probably only see those 2 what...2-4 games a piece?

The nice thing is is that Robin is the big body that can defend those guys now. AD doesn't have to take the pounding.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    If they were willing to give him $7 million they wouldn't have to bother with S&T because there is no way the Suns would match that. I doubt they would even match $4 million, quite frankly.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Thread Information