Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Monty has referred to Davis as a center, not a power forward, on multiple occasions.

Just asking, but did he refer to him as a Center for USA or for the hornets. I only remember when he spoke of him for the USA team.
    Just asking, did you see it somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by saintshornets23 View Post
    NOPE!!!!!!!
    Wes Johnson had a solid week at Summer League, averaging 21.0 points and 1.5 blocks per game.
    The No. 4 overall pick from 2010 started 64 games for the Wolves last season, averaging 6.1 points and 2.7 rebounds in 23 minutes, but he was invisible for weeks at a time. He needs to be more aggressive on both ends of the floor, and he was during Summer League, but whether that will continue in the regular season is doubtful.

Aminu had better stats than that as a starter and reserve lol.
    Dang.

Monty has referred to Davis as a center, not a power forward, on multiple occasions.
    Did you watch the summer league interview with him! He said that Davis is a power forward and so is Jason Smith. They will play minutes at Center but very limited is what he said.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Just asking, but did he refer to him as a Center for USA or for the hornets. I only remember when he spoke of him for the USA team.
    Just asking, did you see it somewhere else?
    He was talking about the centers currently in the NBA, and not on Team USA, if that helps.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I think they are reporting the 1st round pick wrong. I could see something like this happening.

We get: Lopez, Warrick, and Minny's 1st round pick

Phoenix gets: Wes Johnson

Minny gets: Cap space
    Come on...
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

He was talking about the centers currently in the NBA, and not on Team USA, if that helps.
    Oh ok, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Thank you, William Faulkner.
    pg13

Hahah. streaming consciousness

Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post
    Did you watch the summer league interview with him! He said that Davis is a power forward and so is Jason Smith. They will play minutes at Center but very limited is what he said.
    I watched the summer league via broadband and never do I recall him saying any of that in his interviews.

Come on...
    Those were the pieces being discussed. Do you think that Johnson and a 1st to Phoenix for Warrick makes any sense at all? Nah... That trade above makes the most sense, assuming all of those pieces are involved.

Jason eluded to the idea that the 1st round pick is now out of the equation, which would make more sense, IMO.

With the pieces reported, I see (no knowledge here)

NO Lopez
    PHX Miller, Johnson
    Minne Warrick, second or more

PHX gets the better player of their Minne swap, eat a little cash from Miller deal, ship off a nut. Minne gets a risky player and pick for a soon-to-be-redunant player (if we believe AK47). We get Lopez (PHX and him aren't coming to terms it seems) for helping with that swap.

It all works capwise and basketballwise, I think.

Pick it apart. What needs to change? Not enough talent to one of the other two teams?

Those were the pieces being discussed. Do you think that Johnson and a 1st to Phoenix for Warrick makes any sense at all? Nah... That trade above makes the most sense, assuming all of those pieces are involved.

Jason eluded to the idea that the 1st round pick is now out of the equation, which would make more sense, IMO.
    That first rounder was bugging me. I couldn't make a deal make sense with it in the mix. Taking it out makes more sense, doesn't it?

Come on...
    HAHAHA I read that trade and had the same response as you....I'm cracking up over these lopsided trade ideas!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Remember Wes Johnson having an excellent game vs us way back when. Probably the highlight of his career.

So in no specific depth chart order listed below we would have 11 players signed, which I think they will resign Lance Thomas. Or 12 if we get Warrick.

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon/Henry
    Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Thomas/Anderson/Lopez/Smith

So we would still have 3-4 roster spots open for maybe another cheap Center, SF, SG and PG if we are shipping off Dyson

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    With the pieces reported, I see (no knowledge here)

NO Lopez
    PHX Miller, Johnson
    Minne Warrick, second or more

PHX gets the better player of their Minne swap, eat a little cash from Miller deal, ship off a nut. Minne gets a risky player and pick for a soon-to-be-redunant player (if we believe AK47). We get Lopez (PHX and him aren't coming to terms it seems) for helping with that swap.

It all works capwise and basketballwise, I think.

Pick it apart. What needs to change? Not enough talent to one of the other two teams?
    Did you hear if Dyson is still in the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    it seems like we may of beat PHX again

If this trade goes down as advertised then its Minny who looks to be taking it in the can. For Suns its a win win. They trade away the worst player in the league and a below average reserve center, who they didnt even have under contract and that they had no interest in signing long term and get a 1st and a guy on his rookie contract who... is probably a complete bust but if he found a pulse it would be gravy.

Depends on the contract you guys give Lopez though. I know he wanted 7 mil a year, which is a laughable figure. If you guys ink him for about 4 a year for 2 or 3 years then its a decent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post
    THANK YOU! He is our starting power forward, but I'm not saying he will never play any minutes at center next season. He has the versatility to play center against some teams with smaller line-ups or when the hornets are playing small ball! After the draft Dell did say they were working on bringing in some centers!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Remember Wes Johnson having an excellent game vs us way back when. Probably the highlight of his career.
    Post #369.

So in no specific depth chart order listed below we would have 11 players signed, which I think they will resign Lance Thomas. Or 12 if we get Warrick.

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon/Henry
    Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Thomas/Anderson/Lopez/Smith

So we would still have 3-4 roster spots open for maybe another cheap Center, SF, SG and PG if we are shipping off Dyson
    With this deal I'd say our roster will look something like this on opening night:

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon/Henry
    Aminu/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas
    Davis/Lopez

Though I still think it would be in our best interest to dump Henry anyway possible and add another SG. There's still some solid ones on the market.

The deal isn't final yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    THANK YOU! He is our starting power forward, but I'm not saying he will never play any minutes at center next season. He has the versatility to play center against some teams with smaller line-ups or when the hornets are playing small ball! After the draft Dell did say they were working on bringing in some centers!
    He has the ability to play Center, it's just he will get trampled in the paint by people like Dwight and Bynum

With this deal I'd say our roster will look something like this on opening night:

Vasquez/Rivers
    Gordon/Henry
    Aminu/Miller
    Anderson/Smith/Thomas
    Davis/Lopez

Though I still think it would be in our best interest to dump Henry anyway possible and add another SG. There's still some solid ones on the market.

yeah still would need 4 more players to fulfill the 15 for opening night.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar

I think there's zero chance a trade like the one you outlined happens(ed), even under now currently outdated facts/information. It's so one-sided it's just incomprehensible.

yeah still would need 4 more players to fulfill the 15 for opening night.
    You only need 12 for a roster

Thread Information