Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Well, I hope RaisingTheBrow is happy! lol
    I am very happy. I think Lopez is a very underrated player, and I'd we get him around 5 mil that's perfect.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    Most people haven't seen Lopez play much, on a reasonable contract he could be very helpful for the team. you guys wanted a "big body center" right?
    Please do not lump me in with anyone else on this forum... except maybe 42. I have no problem with Lopez and previously said he was one of the few (relatively) low cost RFA's the team should have targeted from the beginning when people were clambering for McGee or whoever.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    Hope it's a sign and trade with Carl Landry to get Lopez somehow. Would like Ridnour, Barea, or Wes Johnson in the deal too, lol! Would love for it to look like this:

Hornets: Robin Lopez & Luke Ridnour
    Suns: Wesley Johnson & Wayne Ellington
    T-Wolves: Carl Landry, Xavier Henry, & 2 Suns 2nd round picks one being Lakers
    Makes no sense, Ellington already got traded to Memphis.

Henry fits. The first is curious.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeWhoDat View Post
    Hope it's a sign and trade with Carl Landry to get Lopez somehow. Would like Ridnour, Barea, or Wes Johnson in the deal too, lol! Would love for it to look like this:

Hornets: Robin Lopez & Luke Ridnour
    Suns: Wesley Johnson & Wayne Ellington
    T-Wolves: Carl Landry, Xavier Henry, & 2 Suns 2nd round picks one being Lakers
    All the trouble we went to get rid of Jack, I doubt we'll bring in Ridnour to take up the same minutes that would be going to Vasquez and Rivers.

I think after watching Henry suck it up in Summer League they were like, experiment over. He's a bust and I have no problem shipping him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    You don't say? I simply assumed they were doing the smart thing, not necessarily because it's what the message board says. But thanks for your useless contribution.
    Just because we didnt sign anyone doesnt mean we didnt try. This isnt NBA 2K12. They could have been trying to sign a good big man before the FA market dried up. You dont know.

I hope we make Lopez do something with his hair. His head looks like a stalk of broccoli.

Clearly Dwight Howard will soon get involved in this trade.

WHO IS IT??

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    At least part of package back to Minny would include Brad Miller (his contract), Jerome Dyson and draft picks, sources say.

Brad Miller, Jerome Dyson, and picks are part of the package. That is scary. May mean we are giving up a first

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Just because we didnt sign anyone doesnt mean we didnt try. This isnt NBA 2K12. They could have been trying to sign a good big man before the FA market dried up. You dont know.
    Somehow I'm aware that this isn't NBA2k12, as popular as it is to accuse everyone of confusing that with real life. There were a number of smarting things that could be done, in my opinion, than this trade, and they aren't limited to signing people from this free agent class when we have a much better crop coming up next season, and perhaps better chances of signing someone (along with a good lottery pick). I disagree with this trade (from what I've seen thus far), while fully realizing this isn't NBA2k12.

i dont like the sound of draft picks... dyson fan but wasnt even sure he was going to make the team

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    Brad Miller, Jerome Dyson, and picks are part of the package. That is scary. May mean we are giving up a first
    Nah, a future second.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    At least part of package back to Minny would include Brad Miller (his contract), Jerome Dyson and draft picks, sources say.
    Imagine being a TWolves or a Rockets fan, it's almost like being a Hornets fan before 2010.

2 2nd rounders prob

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Wait, didn't we just get Brad Miller from Minny? LOL

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Huh. I thought we got Brad Miller from Minny in the first place. I'm so mixed up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Miller back to minny? Lol. And I really don't see us trading a first just so minny can turn and trade a first. We're probably talking a couple of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Nah, a future second.
    So you think they will give up a first just to get rid of Johnson? How bad is his contract.

i hope all we give is a dleaguer, a dead guy, and a ****ty 2nd rounder..

Giving up a first for this would be a mistake, regardless of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Somehow I'm aware that this isn't NBA2k12, as popular as it is to accuse everyone of accusing that with real life. There were a number of smarting things that could be done, in my opinion, than this trade, and they aren't limited to signing people from this free agent class when we have a much better crop coming up next season, and perhaps better chances of signing someone (along with a good lottery pick). I disagree with this trade, while fully realizing this isn't NBA2k12.
    You said the Hornets werent even TRYING to do the smart thing, because obviously if they had, we would have signed a good FA center or something. But just because we didnt SIGN one doesnt mean we didnt TRY.

Also, everyone on here is freaking about about bringing on someone who has 2 years at $5mil/yr on his contract, saying it will ruin our ability to offer a max contract next year....

really????

We have to have some of the dumbest fans. As if Demps is going to make this trade, and then we're done for good til next year? Has anyone here even SEEN what Demps can do??? Geez.

So you think they will give up a first just to get rid of Johnson? How bad is his contract.
    He's still on his rookie contract, the TWolves are just dumb.

Thread Information