Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

5 mil is too much IMO, i want to sign someone as bad as anyone, but i'd rather spend 10 mil on the right center for us than 5 mil on a backup, just my opinion though, next year remember we are losing rashard's 13 mil still left on his contract, that with the 5.5 mil we have now gives us 18.5, blah blah blah all u want, and im NOT saying its gonna happen, but u cant tell me cp3 or dwight wouldnt atleast THINK about playing with gordon anderson and davis? cmon now, just my opinion, dont execute me, also i dont want cp3 or dwight, just saying we can get a huge caliber of player with our money if we spend right

It is disappointing to see how little people value players, and even more disappointing how little some think players can grow. He's 23 years old. We're building a team. If we weren't, we'd be seeking veterans.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A View Post
    It is disappointing to see how little people value players, and even more disappointing how little some think players can grow. He's 23 years old. We're building a team. If we weren't, we'd be seeking veterans.
    I agree, I like signing him for 4-5 million a year and hope that the Suns don't match. I've been one of the biggest "save our cap room for next year," guys in the board but I'd be willing to gamble on a 23 year old 7 footer who has never been given starters minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    I agree, I like signing him for 4-5 million a year and hope that the Suns don't match. I've been one of the biggest "save our cap room for next year," guys in the board but I'd be willing to gamble on a 23 year old 7 footer who has never been given starters minutes.
    Yea I agree. And the reason we are trying to do a S&T is so they won't match, and they feel like they aren't just completely losing him. Does anyone think a 3 way trade between us, the Bobcats, and the Suns could work with us signing away Landry to the Bobcats, Bobcats sending something to the suns, and the suns sending us Lopez?

If we trade X for him, Henry's option of $3.2 would come off the books next year and replaced by whatever we would pay Lopez. If $5 million, it is only a $1.8 million next increase, still leaving us upwards of $13-$14 million of cap room next year. I think it would be a solid move.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    If we trade X for him, Henry's option of $3.2 would come off the books next year and replaced by whatever we would pay Lopez. If $5 million, it is only a $1.8 million next increase, still leaving us upwards of $13-$14 million of cap room next year. I think it would be a solid move.
    It can't be a bad move, unless we overpay him. He's never gonna be a franchise changer, but more than likely could turn into a great backup/ spot starter. He's never been given a lot of minutes, and he could really develop under Monty.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    Who's to say he'll get starter minutes here?

We don't have a center.....

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
    Just to confirm a @WojYahooNBA report, the #Suns talked to New Orleans about a sign-&-trade involving Robin Lopez but there is no agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post
    We don't have a center.....

I didn't want to state the obvious but someone had too

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    as stated previously i would like the move a lot. i agree with p raff, i dont think anyone believes he will be a franchise changer, but i think he could be a very solid player for us for a few years. since the suns can match i think we may have to slightly overpay. i think anywhere in the 4-6mil range is good value. may have to try a sneak attack like the rockets and have a bigger 3rd year or something like that but im not in favor of that move. 6 is topps for me anything about that and its just not worth it.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 07-24-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Could we afford this?

Kyrylo Fesenko
    Leadro Barbosa
    Ben Uzoh

ben uzoh
    Position: PG
    '11-12 Stats: 4.5 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 3.4 APG

His last game he put up a triple-double
    12 pts 11 reb. and 12 ast.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz21UDeaBnJ

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Who's to say he'll get starter minutes here?
    i dont know what is considered "starter minutes" but if we are trying to S&T for this guy we obviously want him, there is no way to do that for a guy who is only going to get 14mpg like last year. his minutes would most definitely increase. by how much depends on his development within our system and monty's trust level in him.

35% field goal percentage for Ben Uzoh
    Barbosa will be expensive
    There are better options than Fesenko

You think you're the first and only one to 'state' this? You're pretty much just preaching to the choir.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar

No, but the guy clearly didn't realize this when he said how would he get minutes

Suns guys think Lopez for Henry works and that Lopez can be had for $4mish/yr average. This is more than the QO, but would be multi-year, so potentially more desirable.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Suns guys think Lopez for Henry works and that Lopez can be had for $4mish/yr average. This is more than the QO, but would be multi-year, so potentially more desirable.
    Small for big is always the way to go.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Now everyone is on the Robin Lopez bandwagon. I guess it's not by choice since the other centers have all been locked up.

Only $4 million/year? That would be insane value. That's still bench player money so the Hornets (ugh) could still be in the market for a bigger name center next off-season.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

id gladly take any of these

Solomon Alabi
    '11-12 Stats: 2.4 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 0.2 APG

Kyrylo Fesenko
    '11-12 Stats: 2.7 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.3 APG

Hamed Haddadi
    '11-12 Stats: 2.0 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 0.2 APG

Ryan Hollins
    '11-12 Stats: 3.4 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 0.2 APG

Robin Lopez
    '11-12 Stats: 5.4 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 0.3 APG

Daniel Orton
    '11-12 Stats: 2.8 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 0.3 APG

Greg Stiemsma
    '11-12 Stats: 2.9 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 0.5 APG

Ben Wallace
    '11-12 Stats: 1.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 0.7 APG

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    id gladly take any of these

Solomon Alabi
    '11-12 Stats: 2.4 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 0.2 APG

Kyrylo Fesenko
    '11-12 Stats: 2.7 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 0.3 APG

Hamed Haddadi
    '11-12 Stats: 2.0 PPG, 2.0 RPG, 0.2 APG

Ryan Hollins
    '11-12 Stats: 3.4 PPG, 2.1 RPG, 0.2 APG

Robin Lopez
    '11-12 Stats: 5.4 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 0.3 APG

Daniel Orton
    '11-12 Stats: 2.8 PPG, 2.4 RPG, 0.3 APG

Greg Stiemsma
    '11-12 Stats: 2.9 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 0.5 APG

Ben Wallace
    '11-12 Stats: 1.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 0.7 APG
    Steimsma and Rollins are gone.

Welcome to the party 42! Been waiting for some insight on the situation. If X can be included in the deal, what is the major holdup?

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    On a side note... where's that Suns' fan who said the Suns organization did things the right way and compared their situation with Lopez to Gordon? Stating that the Suns showed up at Lopez's doorstep on day 1 of free agency while the Hornets let Gordon visit other teams.
    I'm still here. I didn't say that letting Gordon visit other teams was a bad move. It was the right thing to do. Not even giving him a phone call wasn't.

Thread Information