Pelicans Report

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    is this trade finally official?? i saw it on espn bottomline
    It's been there for a while, but I don't think it has been made official yet.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

BrightSideoftheSun ‏@BrightSideSun

Babby told meeting of Suns fans that Lopez trade is 50/50 due to rules complications.

This doesn't confirm anything. The article begins by stating, "According to the Associated Press....."

It still hasn't been made official.

This is an absolute steal of a trade.

Anyone who thinks it isn't, is just not very intelligent in regards to basketball (or life)

Demps, the evil genius, turning crap into perfume.

I hope they finalize it soon before this centipede thread leaks onto my floor.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    This doesn't confirm anything. The article begins by stating, "According to the Associated Press....."

It still hasn't been made official.
    I know, but it wasn't posted earlier and I thought it should be. Hopefully by tomorrow this is done and Dell's thievery can continue.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...s-hornets.html

New Orleans has agreed to give Lopez, 24, a three-year contract worth $15.3 million, according to Yahoo!.

so it's 15.3 now??

paulcoro Confirmed @BrightSideSun tweet that Babby told fans that Lopez trade chance is 50-50. An agreement remains. Obliging the rules is the issue.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._To_Go_Through

While Robin Lopez is likely to be eventually moved to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, a proposed three-way deal had hit a few bumps as of Wednesday evening.

All-Star
    would still have preferred joel pryzz to provide toughness and shotblocking at the 5 spot. But a serviceable big like Lopez will have to do - we need a big body who can hold up against other centers in the league and stand enough ground until the help defense is able come ...fine... Lopez it is...

For this year, offense won't be as much as an issue.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

While Robin Lopez is likely to be eventually moved to the Hornets in a sign-and-trade, a proposed three-way deal had hit a few bumps as of Wednesday evening.
    Interesting, maybe Minny thought they could get Miller's contract back? I saw that it originally was a 4 team trade with Portland and Boston included but that fell through also. I just want it finalized so I won't be on my phone 24/7. Wife is getting fed up

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro

If the trade doesn't happen, MIN stands to lose Kirilenko. NO wouldn't have a center. PHX would just keep Lopez on the $4M qualifying offer.

Deal will go through. No NBA GM wants egg on their face after leaking such a trade.

I wonder what the exchange would look like with just Phoenix in the mix. Lopez and Warrick for Miller, Dyson, and two second rounders?

Why don't we just cut Phoenix out of 3-way deal, and just perform 2 separate trades

Trade 1: Jerome Dyson + two 2nd round picks to Minny for Wes Johnson and a 1st round pick. We could absorb Johnson's contract straight up with our salary cap space.

Trade 2: Brad Miller to Phoenix for Lopez and Warrick.

That is basically the same trade in the 3-way deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Why don't we just cut Phoenix out of 3-way deal, and just perform 2 separate trades

Trade 1: Jerome Dyson + two 2nd round picks to Minny for Wes Johnson and a 1st round pick. We could absorb Johnson's contract straight up with our salary cap space.

Trade 2: Brad Miller to Phoenix for Lopez and Warrick.

That is basically the same trade in the 3-way deal.
    LOL Why would the Suns do this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    Deal will go through. No NBA GM wants egg on their face after leaking such a trade.
    From Coro's tweet: "An agreement remains. Obliging the rules is the issue."

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    It's the same exact trade. They traded Lopez and Warrick to us for Miller. That's it. That deal opened up cap space for them. With that cap space, they decided to take on Johnson's contract. That's the breakdown.

Uh, because they get a first round pick, plus cap relief by getting rid of Warrick, plus cap relief by buying out Miller's deal and all they are really giving up for it is a backup center they weren't going to retain anyway. And they get Johnson, who they apparently want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiewoof View Post
    Uh, because they get a first round pick, plus cap relief by getting rid of Warrick, plus cap relief by buying out Miller's deal and all they are really giving up for it is a backup center they weren't going to retain anyway. And they get Johnson, who they apparently want.
    He was referring to my 2-part trade, where they don't get Johnson, but what I highlighted in bold is the very reason why the trade works. They are taking the "something is better than nothing approach." We give them a little more cap space. That's all they get.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    He was referring to my 2-part trade, where they don't get Johnson, but what I highlighted in bold is the very reason why the trade works. They are taking the "something is better than nothing approach." We give them a little more cap space. That's all they get.
    Dude, that draft pick the Suns are getting from Minnesota is the most important part of the deal from the Suns perspective. No pick = no trade. Sign Lopez to an offer sheet and dare them to match.

Dude, that draft pick the Suns are getting from Minnesota is the most important part of the deal from the Suns perspective. No pick = no trade. Sign Lopez to an offer sheet and dare them to match.
    I am inclined to agree with this sentiment. Though multiple second rounders would probably do the trick, which is what I proposed a bit earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    I am inclined to agree with this sentiment. Though multiple second rounders would probably do the trick, which is what I proposed a bit earlier.
    Nah, multiple 2nd rounders aren't enough. That's why the Wolves are involved in this trade.

What you don't understand is that the draft pick and Wes Johnson have nothing to do with Lopez. The only reason they can do that deal is because we are agreeing to take on Warrick. I don't know how else to explain it to you except for the way that I broke down the trade into 2 trades above.

The whole thing is a moot point. The 3-way deal with go through.

Thread Information