Pelicans Report

Thread: Robin Lopez Analysis

Robin Lopez Analysis

I made a long-winded analysis on my feelings about Robin Lopez to address why he may not be the greatest thing to happen since CP3 for any of you with a few minutes to kill.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/HRForu...66-Robin-Lopez
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Link doesn't work for me.

Sorry, but you fall into the same trap as Suns fans in saying they traded Lopez and Warrick for a 1st rounder. Simply not the case at all.

Link doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I made a long-winded analysis on my feelings about Robin Lopez to address why he may not be the greatest thing to happen since CP3 for any of you with a few minutes to kill.
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/HRForu...66-Robin-Lopez
    Why in the world would anyone think that about Robin Lopez?

Link doesn't work.

I would agree that Robin Lopez is not a very good player. He has size, though - and having a true big guy inside frees up Anthony Davis to have less Center responsibilities, which will help AD become a much better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Why in the world would anyone think that about Robin Lopez?
    Hyperbole but I do address some of the actual quotes I have seen about him in the post. I don't know why the link is working for some and not others. I noticed that if I logged out I couldn't see the blog post. Maybe it was too good of a post to exist.

Is that andrew wiggins in your avi? U must be a suns fan haha. Welcome tho bro.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Is that andrew wiggins in your avi? U must be a suns fan haha. Welcome tho bro.
    Larry Johnson, in his HS jersey.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Link is dead. New one?
    @DanielVeuleman

Lopez is a fine back-up big. If he is starting for more than just spot-duty, then there is an injury or a serious problem with the roster. The only way he would be a non-negative starter is if he magically recovers from his injuries and starts playing smarter for some reason.

I love how you guys can predict how well Lopez will fit in with this team. I read the same kind of post about Jason Smith when we first made the trade for him, i say give the guy a chance, lets let him get into training camp and work with our coaching staff, before we say he can't be a starter. Lopez has played the last two years with injuries, and a change in scenery could be the best thing for him, besides he is only 24 years old.

What Lopez does is put his wide hips in the other team's biggest guy and gets his long arms on balls.
    Pretty good article on Lopez, but I couldn't help but laugh at this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I love how you guys can predict how well Lopez will fit in with this team. I read the same kind of post about Jason Smith when we first made the trade for him, i say give the guy a chance, lets let him get into training camp and work with our coaching staff, before we say he can't be a starter. Lopez has played the last two years with injuries, and a change in scenery could be the best thing for him, besides he is only 24 years old.
    I would think that my prediction was an analysis based off of past behavior. What do scouts do when they look at college players? (not that I'm nearly as knowledgeable to be a scout)
    The posts on Jason Smith were well founded. I'm glad he proved us skeptics wrong just as I hope Lopez does. I ask that you not mistake my criticism for pessimism. I am rooting for the Hornets as hard as anyone. I would rather be proven wrong and Hornets pull off the greatest sign and trade ever. I just think that when projecting the future it's best to look as objectively as possible.

What Lopez does is put his wide hips in the other team's biggest guy and gets his long arms on balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Peazy View Post
    Pretty good article on Lopez, but I couldn't help but laugh at this part.
    Last edited by Da_Beez_Neez; 07-31-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Thread Information