Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

The more I think about it, the more a three-way trade of RFA makes sense..

Golden State get Landry- giving them a frontcourt rotation of Bogut, Lee, Landry and Tyler

Phoenix get Rush- they've currently got Dudley (who is really more of a SF) and Brown at SG- Rush starts at SG, move Dudley to SF

New Orleans get Lopez- may as well get some value return on the asset (Landry), get to look at a 24yo C

..presuming all contracts small-ish (1-2 years)..
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

I really do hope we get him.

He is the big that we need, then we'll be good
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    He is the big that we need, then we'll be good
    i really hope demps can pull it off

starting lineup of:

vasquez (at least to start the season)
    gordon
    aminu
    davis
    lopez

with a bench of: rivers (prob will start at some point in the season), miler, anderson, smith, thomas, dyson, x, depending on trades of course.

i would love that team.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post

starting lineup of:

gordon
    aminu
    davis
    lopez

with a bench of: rivers (prob will start at some point in the season), miler, anderson, smith, thomas, dyson, x, depending on trades of course.

i would love that team.
    I still think we're going to see an Anderson-Davis frontcourt, not that it really matters. It's all gonna depend on the matchup. Regardless, a frontcourt of Davis, Anderson, Lopez, and Smith would be fantastic. One of the best in the league for years to come, IMO.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post

starting lineup of:

gordon
    aminu
    davis
    lopez

i would love that team.

Anderson at 8Mil is a starter in this team though.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    getting paid 8 million and being a starter means nothing. he can have more minutes than a starter does and not actually start.

I'd love him as our back, it just helps having a big body like him

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    make it happen

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Lopez would be a great off the bench 5, but guy shouldn't be a starter. Dude has one of the worst assist to TO ratios ever, and only had like 7 assists all year. He is slow footed and though he can defend the post, he is a slightly disappointing rebounder and can't really score well. Where Davis and Anderson will (hopefully) be fringe all stars, Lopez is a fringe starter. However, all that aside, he would be great depth.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Good GOD I'd rather just start Smith all year. Wow that was horrible.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Lopez would be a great off the bench 5, but guy shouldn't be a starter. Dude has one of the worst assist to TO ratios ever, and only had like 7 assists all year. He is slow footed and though he can defend the post, he is a slightly disappointing rebounder and can't really score well. Where Davis and Anderson will (hopefully) be fringe all stars, Lopez is a fringe starter. However, all that aside, he would be great depth.
    This is more of my mindset. Lopez is a solid player, but I don't see him as the missing piece. Even with our hole at the 5 spot. For the right price I'd gladly welcome the depth though.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    What was his injury? ACL?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is more of my mindset. Lopez is a solid player, but I don't see him as the missing piece. Even with our hole at the 5 spot. For the right price I'd gladly welcome the depth though.
    robin lopez had a PER of 15 last yr...he is a similar caliber of player to jason smith considering his superior post defense to smith

cant have enough bigs...lopez and smith would be the best backup bigmen duo in the league

After reading the Suns board I dont know if i want him anymore especially if his price is anything above 4mill per year.

Past tense is the form of language used to refer to an event, transaction, or occurrence that did happen or has happened, or an object that existed, at a point in time before now. Compare with present tense, which refers to an event, transaction or occurrence which is happening now (or at the present time), or an object that currently exists.

If we want to be technical, Woj said the Hornets 'have worked hard'. He didn't they say they're 'working hard'.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Exactly... he would be a great addition off the bench... but this guy is by far not the great player everyone is billing him to be. I don't understand the love fest with him and Whiteside

I've never been high on Robin Lopez but a change of scenery might help him. I don't guess he'd be bad off the bench. I would just hope the $ wouldn't be too crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Good GOD I'd rather just start Smith all year. Wow that was horrible.
    He cant be any worse than his brother George Lopez...

I have not been a huge fan. However, he is much better than anything else available at the position and has the potential at 24 to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    The word "Starter" is just a label... If the "starter" plays 20 minutes and the "backup" plays 28, then it doesn't matter who "starts".

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He cant be any worse than his brother George Lopez...

Thread Information