Pelicans Report

Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I think Phoenix wants to unload his salary and we are the obvious takers (as Minny cannot).
    damn you suns, he has a team option next year just exercise it then!

Yea, theyre celebrating in the comments section too. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------

*crosses fingers*
    Jrue dat

Pure speculation - It almost sounds as if we had a deal everyone was fine with and then Lopez wanted more $$$ . As such, we tried to include Dyson to Minny to allow for us to take on more salary (about another $1 million or so) to get Lopez a higher salary. Minny could then just cut Dyson as he is not guaranteed. However, doing so caused us to fall into the aggregation issue and botch the negotiations. So now, I wonder if our only option is to get Lopez to agree to less or get Phoenix to agree to keep Warrick (by sending them cash to help in a buyout).

Can't we just sign Lopez to a RFA offer sheet? Think the Suns would match just out of spite?

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Can't we just sign Lopez to a RFA offer sheet? Think the Suns would match just out of spite?
    We are over the cap and can't sign him to an offer sheet.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    1. would trading x make the deal work?
    2. when does miller's contract count as 900k and not 5.1 million? so confused on this one

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    hmm i guess i read something wrong
    The reports I read are confusing. They referred to the guy as one from the special man commercials.

Kinda surprising that 3 GMs would get this far in trade negotiations then just realize Miller can't be traded in a package..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Suns get: Brad Miller, Wesly Johnson, Xavier Henry, Mem first

Hornets get: Robin Lopez, Hakeem Warrick, Minimum salary player X(from Suns), cash

TWolves get: Dyson, #2(from Hornets), #2(from Phoenix)

Two trades:

One is: Brad Miller for Robin Lopez($5 million for $5 million)

Second trade has:

the Hornets trading Xavier, Dyson, #2($3 Million out) for Warrick ($4 million in) and minimum player that doesn't matter in comparison

Suns trade Warrick, #2 and Minimum player($5 million out) for Johnson, #1 and Xavier($6.5 in)........They are under and could just take back $6.5 without trading minimum player anyway

Wolves trade Johnson and #1 for Dyson and 2 #2's.

Long story long, if we give up Xavier and keep a second, and Phoenix takes him and throws in a second, this trade is easy.

We aren't giving up **** for Lopez. He is an RFA. The Suns shouldn't even get anything in return for him except for an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick. That is how these things work. Miller and Dyson is perfect. They will find a way to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Yea, theyre celebrating in the comments section too. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU------

*crosses fingers*
    I think the 15th thing may not apply, but this is in line with my concerns.

I disregarded the TPE earlier, but even using it, there are problems that didn't get considered by those parroting the work of others.

Life over the cap is tough sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    We aren't giving up **** for Lopez. He is an RFA. The Suns shouldn't even get anything in return for him except for an expiring contract and a 2nd round pick. That is how these things work. Miller and Dyson is perfect. They will find a way to get it done.
    Not necessarily. They could chose to just keep Lopez. Or, now that we have shown our hand, some other team could come in who may have had passing interest in Lopez and get it done. They can get the Matthews deal with Minny done without us and once Minny has cleared cap space for AK47, we are irrelevant.

We are in this situation because of the reason many people on here stated a few weeks ago. Dell should have made a move for a center BEFORE we matched Gordon! We had the cap space and we could have used exemptions on Gordon if needs. Now we are against the cap and still without a center. And according to that link, send X out in the deal would void us of a backup 2. Which means we would now be over the cap and still have to fill the roster. This is not looking good! Dell has to fix this ASAP! He can't wait for the season to start.

Not necessarily. They could chose to just keep Lopez. Or, now that we have shown our hand, some other team could come in who may have had passing interest in Lopez and get it done. They can get the Matthews deal with Minny done without us and once Minny has cleared cap space for AK47, we are irrelevant.
    I'm sure the Suns have been shopping Lopez for a while now, and every NBA GM pretty much knows the value of every player available, so I doubt someone else swoops in. Besides, both sides already agreed on the deal. Now, it's just a matter of making it fit the NBA's parameters.

Also, are you sure they can do the trade outright? If that's the case, it makes no sense to have to include Warrick. You have to remember that Dragic and Beasley aren't on the payroll yet, but they both signed big deals which would put them close to the cap. I think if they could do the Johnson trade outright, they would either have to renounce Lopez's rights, or they wouldn't be able to do it at all, which is why we formed the 3-team trade in the 1st place.
    Last edited by nolaslim213; 07-26-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Whether we get Lopez or not doesn't change a whole lot IMO. I think some were expecting way too much of Robin. He would have been added depth and anything else would have been welcomed but not expected.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Whether we get Lopez or not doesn't change a whole lot IMO. I think some were expecting way too much of Robin. He would have been added depth and anything else would have been welcomed but not expected.
    Without Aaron Gray the Hornets probably would have gotten swept by the Lakers in the playoffs rather than taking it to 6 games. Having Lopez similarly increases the Hornets odds of beating teams with imposing bigs. On his own Lopez may not be a game changer, but because the Hornets have no one else like him on their roster he may well help them beat teams like the Grizzlies and Lakers more often than they otherwise would have, which could be the difference in making the playoffs as tight as the race for the last spots have been recently.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    I wanted Lopez but don't want to give up another young guy to make this work (definitely not Aminu and not even Henry).

If we can't land Lopez, I'm still in the boat of finding a serviceable-if-barely-average center (or 2) for a year and then picking up a better long-term option next year.

But above all... "I have blind faith in Demps"

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd give up Henry in a heart beat. He has no future with this team.

just send Xavier Henry with Brad Miller in the deal to Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Without Aaron Gray the Hornets probably would have gotten swept by the Lakers in the playoffs rather than taking it to 6 games. Having Lopez similarly increases the Hornets odds of beating teams with imposing bigs. On his own Lopez may not be a game changer, but because the Hornets have no one else like him on their roster he may well help them beat teams like the Grizzlies and Lakers more often than they otherwise would have, which could be the difference in making the playoffs as tight as the race for the last spots have been recently.
    I was just gonna flat out agree with DaThrone, but this is a pretty good point
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    I wanted Lopez but don't want to give up another young guy to make this work (definitely not Aminu and not even Henry).

If we can't land Lopez, I'm still in the boat of finding a serviceable-if-barely-average center (or 2) for a year and then picking up a better long-term option next year.

But above all... "I have blind faith in Demps"
    In my scenario we would be essentially trading Xavier for a second round pick, the same thing we gave up for him initially. Xavier is not going to be retained after this season IMO, so I see retaining a second round pick as a good move anyway.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    In my scenario we would be essentially trading Xavier for a second round pick, the same thing we gave up for him initially. Xavier is not going to be retained after this season IMO, so I see retaining a second round pick as a good move anyway.
    I think Xavier may be worth a 3rd round pick !

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    just send Xavier Henry with Brad Miller in the deal to Phoenix
    Henry probably would have a negative trade value for the Suns. He's useless on the court and there is no incentive for the Suns to take on his salary.

Some of you are so over dramatic.

Thread Information