Pelicans Report

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Sarcasm isn't translated well via internet. You don't know me, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.
    Actually, I think we all know you pretty well here. You've posted far more ridiculous trades that you thought were serious than this one, so I can't say how anyone would believe it was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It's just the rules of trades, the needs of everyone, and the structure of the contracts. It would be fine if Miller's deal was able to be aggregated, a technical point.

Agreed about Landry fixing things . . . it doesn't.

I think the Warrick-Williams flip makes it all work, if Shamsports is right and hoopshype is wrong.

Everyone wants the deal to work just about as it is . . . the teams should be able to convince Charlotte to get involved.

Removing Dyson frees up more space for Minne, so they may be able to free up a pick to send to Charlotte, as Phoenix might since they are the only ones not parting with a pick in the deal. The teams can send up to $3m total to Charlotte (if they haven't gotten cash so far), which can pay for the difference in salary and give the ownership something for their trouble.

Both players are expiring forwards with about $1.5m difference in salary, and neither is anything to write home about.

I see it as plausible.
    Thanks for for all the difficult math work you did 42! Just wish you had the exact numbers to work with.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Actually, I think we all know you pretty well here. You've posted far more ridiculous trades that you thought were serious than this one, so I can't say how anyone would believe it was a joke.
    This

I would think that if this does not get finalized very soon, Minnesota will pull out of the proposed deal and move Johnson to someone wanting to take on the salary in order to get AK47 signed. Today may be critical in getting this done or it falling apart completely.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I just can't stop thinking, why didn't Dell just sign Lopez to this same deal before we matched Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    I just can't stop thinking, why didn't Dell just sign Lopez to this same deal before we matched Gordon?
    Suns would've probably matched it without the trade, or he had other deals we was tring to work. Thats a good question tho.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    My guess is the Suns would have matched it, not to mention our collection of assets for a S&T were pretty different. At best we'd have been offering Jarret Jack's cap space in a 3way trade plus 2nds. This deal gets them the same cap space to dump Warrick, a late 1st, and a former top 5 pick even though he looks like a complete bust so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Suns would've probably matched it without the trade, or he had other deals we was tring to work. Thats a good question tho.
    Yeah, he was probably working on something else. Dell keeps things very close to the vest. I bet this trade was leaked from either the Suns or Wolves side.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    My guess is the Suns would have matched it, not to mention our collection of assets for a S&T were pretty different. At best we'd have been offering Jarret Jack's cap space in a 3way trade plus 2nds. This deal gets them the same cap space to dump Warrick, a late 1st, and a former top 5 pick even though he looks like a complete bust so far.
    I really like Lopez, but damn he isn't worth all of that. They are lucky Kahn is such an idiot.

glad this trade is finally done.

Jimmy Smith: hornets robin lopez acquisition complete. 2 minutes ago

Jimmy Smith: # Hornets also receive hakim warrick. 1 minute ago

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    glad this trade is finally done.
    ?????

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Let's hear some more details there Jimmy...

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I would think that if this does not get finalized very soon, Minnesota will pull out of the proposed deal and move Johnson to someone wanting to take on the salary in order to get AK47 signed. Today may be critical in getting this done or it falling apart completely.

You could be right, but it's not like they will get outbid for him. 10 million a year for him was a mistake when he was 5-6 years younger. What makes Kahn think he's worth that now?

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Just read Demps will speak to the media at 2 pm about the acquisitions. Glad this is finally done!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Just read Demps will speak to the media at 2 pm about the acquisitions. Glad this is finally done!
    YESSSS!!!!!!!

Wonder what the final deal was?

Quote Originally Posted by jhow0036 View Post
    Jimmy Smith: hornets robin lopez acquisition complete. 2 minutes ago

Jimmy Smith: # Hornets also receive hakim warrick. 1 minute ago

wondering what we gave up. Miller wasn't enough so I'm guessing X and Dyson are included in here somewhere.

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
    Deal had to be modified because pick Suns are getting via Memphis/Minn could turn into 3 mill & Suns already have received 3 mill from LA

John Gambadoro ‏@Gambo620
    Under new CBA rules a team can not receive more than 3 million or pay out more than 3 million in any given year.

Finally
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Glad thats over.

Finally a center!

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Nola.com first said the Miller contract would now be going to the Suns instead of Minnesota and that was the only change. now their article doesn't mention that.

i'm so confused. what about the CBA issues we supposedly had with going over the cap? was that just incorrect info?

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

whatever the problem was, i'm happy with the outcome. welcome lopez & warrick!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Finally

someone tell me when did we get Brooklyn's 2nd?

Thread Information