Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And who said Warrick's contract was terrible? Just two years at $4.25 million per for a back up big? That's not bad at all. Gotta get a 7 footer people were clamoring for. Can't get 'em for pennies these days.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Just for those concerned, Wesley Johnson may have literally been the worst player in the nba last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And who said Warrick's contract was terrible? Just two years at $4.25 million? That's not bad at all.
    Yeah that was really not horrible
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    What if we sent Brad Miller back with the picks we got from Minny in the first place LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    He's still on his rookie contract, the TWolves are just dumb.
    Im sorry I just don't see how that can make sense for Minny. Here's a first and Wesley Johnson and all you give me back is one guy who will never play, another who might not even make the team, and a couple second rounders?

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And who said Warrick's contract was terrible? Just two years at $4.25 million per for a back up big? That's not bad at all. Gotta get a 7 footer people were clamoring for. Can't get 'em for pennies these days.
    OMG SEVEN FOOTER!!!!!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

just ran into laclifes twitter.. made the mistake of reading his tweets.. just like his posts on here

The Twolves are loading up on "options" to surround Kevin Love with.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    OMG SEVEN FOOTER!!!!!
    Inorite? 7 feet tall. That's like, a bajillion inches!

For all of you guys thinking this is a good deal, read what Suns fans think of Lopez/Warrick. Pretty much the same way I feel. They hate em.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...-181975-2.html

lol @ Demps sending Brad Miller's contract back to Minny. If we're giving up Dyson, Miller's contract and Minny's former 2nd round picks.......omg lololololol.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

Suns fan here.

Maybe you guys can salvage something of Lopez, about once or twice a year he has a game that makes you think he has potential but then he vanishes for several months. He has some of the worst hands in the league, even for a big. Not a good rebounder, frequently gets lost in defense but does show flashes. He is decent at protecting the rim though. A serviceable player but absolutely not someone you'd want to start. Probably should be about the 3rd guy off the bench. Supposedly wanted 7 mil a year, if you guys got him at that rate then I am terribly sorry. 3-4 mil on a 2 or 3 year contract is probably what he is worth.

As for Warrick... I truly apologize. He is possibly the worst player in the entire NBA. He is so bad and his contract is so dumb that I thought the Suns might have to pair a pick with him just to get rid of him, I am utterly shocked they are somehow getting one in return. Outside of dunking when there is no one in his way there is nothing Warrick does well. You guys can at least have fun laughing at him while, predictably, he fires fade aways from 8 feet out that dont hit the rim even though he was not defended. On defense his only contribution is stupid fouls, like gently tapping a guy as he dunks, thats about all he provides. Just comfort yourself by laughing at him, its the only way to deal with it.

That would be an awesome trade. We get a decent young 7 footer with potential, and can play good defense. And we get a hustle big off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    For all of you guys thinking this is a good deal, read what Suns fans think of Lopez/Warrick. Pretty much the same way I feel. They hate em.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...-181975-2.html
    Ah yes, suns fans. The source of good basketball knowledge. Lol. You ever read what sixers fans said after we got Jason Smith?

Off the top of my head, Lopez can make $2mish more than we send out in committed salary.

Getting rid of Jack enabled all of this. He's part of the equation.

My point stands as before, I don't not see how the hell Warrick would benefit our team, and I think that spoils the trade for us. I would have grudgingly taken Lopez (for much less, of course). Warrick wastes cap, and obviously it only benefits the Suns to get rid of him. I disagree with what we're doing here. I think we would have been better off without this trade at all and playing Smith and Davis at the 5, ending up with a good lottery pick and signing a max next offseason. I realize that we may have tried to sign free agents earlier in this offseason, but in that case, having failed, I don't see why we'd pay for worse ones for larger pieces of the cap instead of investing in cheaper options with more potential. These aren't even good players, and they take up more space than we'd be losing on Summer Leaguers.

Hate on, I'm done. I don't like the trade. My opinion. Might Demps make something better of it in the future if it goes through? Who knows.

A couple of tweets from other guys on this possible trade.

rick_bonnell
    Per Woj, a 3-way deal that gets Robin Lopez to NO would send Wes Johnson to Suns. Johnson so needs a fresh start.
    JerryZgoda
    For those asking about 3 way deal that'd send Wes to Phx, my best guess is Carl Landry in s-t and something else
    JerryZgoda
    If Wolves do trade Wes, just look at assets Kahn has blown through: Nos. 4, 6, 18, 23, 28 picks over 3 years for which he's gotten so little
    Zgoda is the Timberwolves' beat writer.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    For Wolves, deal clears cap space and apparently is a prelude to another potential signing or deal, sources say.

I understand that fans will always bash outgoing players, but I had this opinion on these guys before we got them from watching them. I'm not sure what you all see in them. They look bad, their stats are bad. What am I missing? Again, I guess Lopez has upside :shrug:

Kinda seems like a desperation move to me. But if it's a reasonable contract, so be it. I trust Demps and won't pretend to know more. Lopez was pretty good as a rookie but regressed every year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Suns fan here.

Maybe you guys can salvage something of Lopez, about once or twice a year he has a game that makes you think he has potential but then he vanishes for several months. He has some of the worst hands in the league, even for a big. Not a good rebounder, frequently gets lost in defense but does show flashes. He is decent at protecting the rim though. A serviceable player but absolutely not someone you'd want to start. Probably should be about the 3rd guy off the bench. Supposedly wanted 7 mil a year, if you guys got him at that rate then I am terribly sorry. 3-4 mil on a 2 or 3 year contract is probably what he is worth.

As for Warrick... I truly apologize. He is possibly the worst player in the entire NBA. He is so bad and his contract is so dumb that I thought the Suns might have to pair a pick with him just to get rid of him, I am utterly shocked they are somehow getting one in return. Outside of dunking when there is no one in his way there is nothing Warrick does well. You guys can at least have fun laughing at him while, predictably, he fires fade aways from 8 feet out that dont hit the rim even though he was not defended. On defense his only contribution is stupid fouls, like gently tapping a guy as he dunks, thats about all he provides. Just comfort yourself by laughing at him, its the only way to deal with it.
    Thanks for the info. But Demps is only trying to get Lopez so the Hornet's Nest/Eric Gordon can stop saying we don't have any bigs. :smileyface:

I am thinking Lopez and Warrick may be bringing Gordons heart from phoenix with them?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    A couple of tweets from other guys on this possible trade.

Zgoda is the Timberwolves' beat writer.
    Add to that they were shopping Derrick Williams you've got a quagmire wrapped in a debacle with a gooey misery center.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    "Picks" makes me think it's a couple of second rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    I understand that fans will always bash outgoing players, but I had this opinion on these guys before we got them from watching them. I'm not sure what you all see in them. They look bad, their stats are bad. What am I missing? Again, I guess Lopez has upside :shrug:

Kinda seems like a desperation move to me. But if it's a reasonable contract, so be it. I trust Demps and won't pretend to know more. Lopez was pretty good as a rookie but regressed every year imo.
    You don't even know what we're paying or what we're trading. Desperation? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Suns fan here.

Oh no so Lopez is Hilton Armstrong and Warrick is Julian Wright

Thread Information