Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Well, we bought the center needed and I think Lopez is a good choice. Now it's only an SF missing: will it be Matt Barnes ?

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    Ryan Anderson is starting on Oct. 31.

He will not be Davis's backup.
    Agree 100% percent.

It's not that bad: Lopez, Davis, Anderson, Vasquez, Gordon.

I'd imagine with Lopez now in the mix, the lineup is going to look something like:

Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts
    Gordon/Henry/Rivers
    Aminu/Miller/Henry/Thomas
    Davis/Anderson/Smith/Thomas/Warrick
    Lopez/Anderson/Smith

There should, however, be a ton of lineups with both Anderson and Davis playing together. Whether that's at 4 and 5, 4 and 3, or 5 and 3, will depend on the opposing team, and the rotations Monty comes up with.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    Lon Babby on Lopez: "Robin loved it in Phoenix but he made it clear he was really looking for an opportunity to be a starter."
    I could see it. Davis' unique skillset might allow the Hornets to start three bigs if they so choose, since he might be able to play the 3 due to his guard experience prior to his UK time.

His offensive 'wing' skills, I can't imagine any drop off from Aminu for sure, so we wouldn't be sacrificing much.

EDIT TO ADD: Not to mention the fact that Anderson's ability to shoot better than a 3 or 4 makes this alignment more possible.

Anderspn(possibly), Aminu, Thomas, Miller, Henry can all play SF, no need for a SF. Another guard is a much bigger priority.

Dell wasn't lying when he said they wanted to get bigger.. Robin Lopez, Anthony Davis, Ryan Anderson, and Jason Smith is bringing size and length to the big easy.

Quote Originally Posted by omalakas View Post
    Finally!! Didn't have to review 50 page thread to get this answer.
    yea sifting through 50 pages is a hassle, but I think its amazing that this board managed to generate a 50 page thread on Robin Lopez. That thread just goes to show how excited and reenergized the fanbase of this team is. The forum activity over the past few months has been awesome. Never thought I'd see this many people posting and browsing but its great!! Is it wrong of me to be more excited about the upcoming NBA season than the NFL season?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by B504ever View Post
    Lon Babby on Lopez: "Robin loved it in Phoenix but he made it clear he was really looking for an opportunity to be a starter."
    Well he will definately have his fair shot. This is the best chance he will ever get.
    Jrue dat

if we get a decent backup 2, our lineup is pretty much complete.

We're really long from the 3-5. Makes up for our undersized back-court.

Now we need to move Henry for a more dependable backup SG. If w keep Henry, he will just be a slasher who gets to the foul line and nothing more. If that's what Monty thinks is a good fit, then I'm all for it. It just seems we need someone to have a more reliable shot with so many bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Now we need to move Henry for a more dependable backup SG. If w keep Henry, he will just be a slasher who gets to the foul line and nothing more. If that's what Monty thinks is a good fit, then I'm all for it. It just seems we need someone to have a more reliable shot with so many bigs.
    A slasher is much harder to find than a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    We're really long from the 3-5. Makes up for our undersized back-court.
    Actually, with the backcourt as curently constructed (Vasquez 6'6, Rivers 6'4, Gordon 6'3, Henry 6'6) Gordon is the only undersized one assuming you keep rivers at the 1.

Hall of Famer Contributor pjk481's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk481 View Post
    Guy in the other thread said suns would waive dyson. Maybe we resign him in a few weeks? What's the waiting period?
    Found the answer to my own question on Larry Coon's websight. A traded player, if waived, can't resign with the team that traded him for one year. So I guess Dyson won't be back.

Hopefully Dell can find a taker for Henry, we can dump him on a team with cap space for a 2nd round pick to free up cap space. Then we can sign Jodie Meeks to a cheap 1year 2mill deal. We can probably get Hassan Whiteside and Meeks for about 3mill total at this point in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    Actually, with the backcourt as curently constructed (Vasquez 6'6, Rivers 6'4, Gordon 6'3, Henry 6'6) Gordon is the only undersized one assuming you keep rivers at the 1.
    You're right. For some reason I overlooked Vasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed View Post
    yea sifting through 50 pages is a hassle, but I think its amazing that this board managed to generate a 50 page thread on Robin Lopez. That thread just goes to show how excited and reenergized the fanbase of this team is. The forum activity over the past few months has been awesome. Never thought I'd see this many people posting and browsing but its great!! Is it wrong of me to be more excited about the upcoming NBA season than the NFL season?!?!
    I agree. There's been quite a few big threads lately. Shows that people are obviously excited and have lots to say. And no it's not 'wrong' of you to be more excited about the upcoming NBA season than the NFL season. You can feel excited about whatever you want to feel excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    A slasher is much harder to find than a shooter.
    True. He will be nice to have if we need to get someone's big in foul trouble. I like the size he put on but obviously he has not worked on his shot. He is more of a 3 but do we even have money to get a true backup SG? He is arguably the most expendable piece we have.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    Just was on the Suns blog and they just hate the changes in the trade with the extra cash going out the 2nd round pick. Here is a quote:

"The loser in this trade is Phx. Hornets lost nothing at all, while Min might lose a #1 to get rid of Johnson’s contract. We are paying NO 3mil and buying out Miller (0.8mil) as well as giving Min a #2 pick. NO gave away NOTHING at all, instead, they got a talent in Lopez while we give em money to pay Warrick (who they might turn into an asset later). This is yet another trade where we get bullied."

I LOVE IT!!!
    I hate these bad analyses by the fans. Are the Suns better after the trade than before? Yes.

That is all that matters.

The degree to which others improve is immaterial, unless we are competing for the title (we are not).

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Just realizing how fun it's gonna be watching J-Smoove and Lopez play against the Clippers...

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Usually I'm way into my posting on saintsreport, approaching 9,500 posts there kind of shows that, but I'm still going strong here. Feels good to be excited.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I hate these bad analyses by the fans. Are the Suns better after the trade than before? Yes.

That is all that matters.

The degree to which others improve is immaterial, unless we are competing for the title (we are not).
    It didn't seem like they were going to use the rest of their cap space on anyone else. It's really a good deal for them. Taking on expirers for a 1st round pick and the possibility of a young athletic wing panning out. It's a win/win for them imo.

I thought J Smoove was Josh Smith. I must have missed the memo...
    SIGN A SF

@JimmySmithtp:
    Source says #Hornets G Xavier Henry had minor knee procedure. Details to come.

Aw welp that just made his trade value null and void even more, lol.
    But on a serious note,Hope he recovers 100%.

Thread Information