Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by Dbeard06 View Post
    Welcome to the party 42! Been waiting for some insight on the situation. If X can be included in the deal, what is the major holdup?
    Obviously Phoenix.

Robin is the defensive twin of his brother Brook, who can score but isn't that interested in guarding the paint. He's a quality defensive big and young. You can afford to spend a little on him and make him part of your plans going forward.

I'm just happy they're going after a competent big man.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Who's to say he'll get starter minutes here?
    96 minutes available at the 4/5 with Davis, Anderson, Smith and Lopez to fill them. Davis and Anderson could slide to the 3 for certain match ups. So, yeah I could easily see Lopez getting 30+ min here.

Would definitely include Henry in a package to get Lopez.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    I wouldn't even think twice.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    96 minutes available at the 4/5 with Davis, Anderson, Smith and Lopez to fill them. Davis and Anderson could slide to the 3 for certain match ups. So, yeah I could easily see Lopez getting 30+ min here.
    Lopez wasn't getting 30+ min not because there was't enough playing time for him in Phoenix. He's simply not good enough.

He won't get 30+ minutes. Maybe 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He won't get 30+ minutes. Maybe 20+.
    This needs to be emphasized. If they land him, the Hornets will have a rotation of Davis, Smith, Lopez, Anderson, and Thomas. I don't expect to see any one player to average 30+ minutes at ONE position.

Except for an occasional possession or a switch on a pick and roll, why have Davis guard a position where he would be away from the basket?

Quote Originally Posted by demiurg View Post
    Lopez wasn't getting 30+ min not because there was't enough playing time for him in Phoenix. He's simply not good enough.
    Ok, then we'll give you our garbage (Xavier) for your garbage (Lopez) deal? How do you expect him to get 30+ minutes when Gortat is there? Both of those guys can only play the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Metairie Hornet View Post
    Except for an occasional possession or a switch on a pick and roll, why have Davis guard a position where he would be away from the basket?
    If the Hornets use Anderson/Davis/Lopez at the same time, you put Lopez on the C and then Anderson on the weaker offensive player at the 3/4 spot. Just because Davis is guarding the 3, doesn't mean he can't play help defense.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If they want Xavier...

"It gon' give X to ya!"

Once Monty gets a hold of Lopez, watch him become a double/double machine. Nobody develops talent like Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by sfernald View Post
    Once Monty gets a hold of Lopez, watch him become a double/double machine. Nobody develops talent like Monty.
    IF my friend, IF he gets ahold of him. We can only hope at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_318 View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Dealer Dell to put a poision pill in the offer sheet a la Rockets/Lin just to mess with the Suns. Like.. "ok...u guys wanna run up the price on Gordon. We'll take our sweet time matching.....and sign your Best Center to the offer sheet of death.....punk."
    Lopez is the Suns best center?

Did Gortat die?

League sources have said that Lopez’s camp believed he could command a contract averaging $7 million on the open market but little has surfaced publicly about any team’s pursuit. New Orleans is in need of a center. Anthony Davis and Jason Smith, who both are considered power forwards, would be the Hornets’ options at center because of Brad Miller’s plans to retire.
    http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/167255

I hope we are not going to pay $7 million a year. $5 million a year would be more palatable.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm not sure about that. I don't really think we'll see Davis at the 3 often. Still Davis will be getting 30-35min per game... Anderson the same... that leaves 30-40 to split between Smith and Lopez

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    I hope we are not going to pay $7 million a year. $5 million a year would be more palatable.
    $7mil is almost double of what he's worth... I wouldn't go over $4mil for him.

I'd rather go without a "true" center than pay $7m for Lopez.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    If we PAY 7 Million for this guy, PHX will PAY for his flight and housing in New Orleans !

http://mobile.brightsideofthesun.com...nt-robin-lopez

Farouq and a unprotected first, look At the comments!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

But I will say this !

If Davis, Smith & Lopez are in the game at the same time, it would be like going through a carwash in the paint for a PG !

Agreed, I wouldn't pay him 7 million a year. 5 is the most I'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I'm not sure about that. I don't really think we'll see Davis at the 3 often. Still Davis will be getting 30-35min per game... Anderson the same... that leaves 30-40 to split between Smith and Lopez
    I don'tt expect to see Davis play the 3 often, I said in certain match ups. More than likely Anderson would be the "3" if Anderson/Davis/Lopez are on floor together. Remember Dell doesn't believe in the conventional 1-5 lineups. I think Hornets fans are gonna have to get used to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    I'd rather go without a "true" center than pay $7m for Lopez.
    Agreed, 5 million max.

Thread Information