Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1427

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

Quote Originally Posted by MarcNOLA View Post
    Would still like to take a chance on C Greg Oden at the vet minimum if he is serious about coming back this year.
    Too late now. With our current roster, he'd be our 5th big at best.

Lopez is not starting, or rather, Anderson is not coming off of the bench.
    That being said...
    We've made some good additions
    if everyone stays healthy...
    playoffs?

I don't like Lopez as starting Center - I think he makes a nice reserve, and occasional spot starter against bigger teams (Lakers, whoever ends up with Howard). I think we could get away w/ starting Anderson and Davis against probably 25 of the 30 NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    That being said...
    playoffs?
    Looking at our roster of bigs, they all serve a purpose. How much they play will probably depend on player specific match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Now go and get a backup SG! Pietrus/Meeks/Delfino!!
    I agree - but if Willie Green is still available, I think that's who we get. Would definitely like Meeks.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    That being said...
    playoffs?
    I agree about Lopez not being a starting center. I like the acquisition, I think he'll be a good player for this team. But I don't think he's a starter.

Just was on the Suns blog and they just hate the changes in the trade with the extra cash going out the 2nd round pick. Here is a quote:

"The loser in this trade is Phx. Hornets lost nothing at all, while Min might lose a #1 to get rid of Johnson’s contract. We are paying NO 3mil and buying out Miller (0.8mil) as well as giving Min a #2 pick. NO gave away NOTHING at all, instead, they got a talent in Lopez while we give em money to pay Warrick (who they might turn into an asset later). This is yet another trade where we get bullied."

I LOVE IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StefanC View Post
    Ryan Anderson is starting on Oct. 31.

He will not be Davis's backup.
    I agree...

Just wonder what the starting 5 will be.

Vasquez, Gordon, Aminu, Anderson, Davis

Vasquez, Gordon, Anderson, Davis, Smith

Vasquez, Gordon, Aminu, Davis, Lopez

Good problem to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Looking at our roster of bigs, they all serve a purpose. How much they play will probably depend on player specific match ups.
    I don't know, I don't like that philosophy, you want to make the other team try and adjust to you, not the other way around.
    Just look at the Spurs.
    That's why I'd play more of Anderson and Davis together.
    Anderson spreading the floor will help Davis with his offensive skill.

I thought it was illegal to combine Miller's contract with Dyson's. Unless they did seperate transactions!

how much cap do we have next year including what will come off the books for rashard lewisand adding 5 mil in lopez

I don't know, I don't like that philosophy, you want to make the other team try and adjust to you, not the other way around.
    Just look at the Spurs.
    That's why I'd play more of Anderson and Davis together.
    Anderson spreading the floor will help Davis with his offensive skill.
    Anderson and Davis will get their playing time. This will not be an issue. They are our two best bigs. There are plenty of minutes to go around for Smith and Lopez as Both Davis and Anderson are very versatile in the position they can play.

Williams will have a field day trying to come up with combinations to make it work.

Don't rule out a line up of Anderson/Davis/Lopez where Davis guards the 3 on defense. The Lakers made Odom work by playing him at 3,4,5 and he was able to log 30+ minutes a night. I'm not saying that we would go to this line up but it's a possibility.
    Last edited by Snarly; 07-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    how much cap do we have next year including what will come off the books for rashard lewisand adding 5 mil in lopez
    If we do not re-up X, we should have around 12 million+, but I don't think Dell is done yet.

I think Anderson will guard opposing Centers. I love the 2 groups Davis/Anderson and JSmith/Lopez. Great combo of offense/defense.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If we do not re-up X, we should have around 12 million+, but I don't think Dell is done yet.
    yeah if we cut X and warrick loose i think we will have around 13.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I think Anderson will guard opposing Centers. I love the 2 groups Davis/Anderson and JSmith/Lopez. Great combo of offense/defense.
    We can add a few pieces but as it stands we have a pretty deep team. A low playoff seed is definately possible but dallas got better and minnesota are improved. It will be an awsome season to watch.

Hornets player ages: Warrick 30, Smith 26, Vasquez 25, Lopez 24, Anderson 24, Gordon 23, Miller 22, Aminu 21, Henry 21, Rivers 19, Davis 19 = AVERAGE AGE OF ROSTER IS 23-YEARS OLD! Got to love it.

Evidently that was not the holdup at all. The holdup was the clause in the 1st rounder that Phoenix was getting from Minny (had a cash clause that Phoenix could not accept as they already maxed out on cash in trades this year).

lopez will wear #15 and warrick #1

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Roberts would be the logical choice as the 3rd PG and he had a good summer league. Makes sense to me.
    I thought Roberts looked ok too, but I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about Maalik Wayns....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Are Anderson/Davis/Lopez all going to start???

Lon Babby on Lopez: "Robin loved it in Phoenix but he made it clear he was really looking for an opportunity to be a starter."

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Looks like Warrick took Darius Miller old college #.

Thread Information