Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official - trade complete] Hornets Trying to Land RFA Lopez from the Suns {merged}

I bet David Kahn was mad when he found out he couldn't trade Wesley Johnson to Syracuse for a 1st rounder.
    Follow me on twitter @zacleto

Lol some of you are acting like we are paying so much for these guys. We basically traded Jack and a little more for a seven foot center with potential and experience.

I hope we get Lopez but I wouldn't sacrifice more than 2nd rounders or Landry S&T for him. I live in Phoenix and witnessed the ascension and descension of Lopez. Here in AZ he really rose to prominence during the Sun's 09-10 playoff run. His second year in the league he looked to be improving by leaps and bounds. He was dialed in and looked to be on the up and up. He looked like he just needed to turn one more corner to really become a dominant player. He was the silver lining in the Sun's defeat and I heard all about how he was a building block of their future.
    Needles to say that didn't happen. He is the backup big to Orlando's backup big. His minutes and efficiency have all gone down. In the draft class where he was taken above the likes of Javale McGee, Marise Speights, and Roy Hibbart, Steve Kerr explained that Lopez looked to be the least of a project and the most ready to contribute immediately. He had a higher floor with a lower ceiling, so to speak. Compared to the others he has certainly shown his floor.
    The guy has a horrible demeanor on the court. He gets discouraged and acts out often. I saw him getting destroyed by Bargarni's defense (seriously) one game last season and he responded by getting techs and pulled from the game. He's a baby with an inconsistent motor but has the size and skill set we're looking for (so long as we're looking in the garbage bin). If we can sign him to a 2 year, team option for a third for no more than $4 Million a year then I'm okay with it but if we start dedicating long term salary to sideshow Robin, I'm gonna be disappointed. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him but I don't want a bad attitude in the locker room with our rooks.
    Hakim Warrik is a non-factor. The guy is better than Lance Thomas (though I like Thomas' presence better) but he fades in and out of games. I saw him go crazy during stretches vs the Hornets last season and then make bone headed plays and fail on D. If we end up locked in to 2 years of these two for a combined $8 Mil a year then I'm not happy. We have a lot of flexibility without that on the books at the end of next season to make real FA signings instead of marginal 4th and 5th bigs off the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I hope we get Lopez but I wouldn't sacrifice more than 2nd rounders or Landry S&T for him. I live in Phoenix and witnessed the ascension and descension of Lopez. Here in AZ he really rose to prominence during the Sun's 09-10 playoff run. His second year in the league he looked to be improving by leaps and bounds. He was dialed in and looked to be on the up and up. He looked like he just needed to turn one more corner to really become a dominant player. He was the silver lining in the Sun's defeat and I heard all about how he was a building block of their future.
    Needles to say that didn't happen. He is the backup big to Orlando's backup big. His minutes and efficiency have all gone down. In the draft class where he was taken above the likes of Javale McGee, Marise Speights, and Roy Hibbart, Steve Kerr explained that Lopez looked to be the least of a project and the most ready to contribute immediately. He had a higher floor with a lower ceiling, so to speak. Compared to the others he has certainly shown his floor.
    The guy has a horrible demeanor on the court. He gets discouraged and acts out often. I saw him getting destroyed by Bargarni's defense (seriously) one game last season and he responded by getting techs and pulled from the game. He's a baby with an inconsistent motor but has the size and skill set we're looking for (so long as we're looking in the garbage bin). If we can sign him to a 2 year, team option for a third for no more than $4 Million a year then I'm okay with it but if we start dedicating long term salary to sideshow Robin, I'm gonna be disappointed. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for him but I don't want a bad attitude in the locker room with our rooks.
    Hakim Warrik is a non-factor. The guy is better than Lance Thomas (though I like Thomas' presence better) but he fades in and out of games. I saw him go crazy during stretches vs the Hornets last season and then make bone headed plays and fail on D. If we end up locked in to 2 years of these two for a combined $8 Mil a year then I'm not happy. We have a lot of flexibility without that on the books at the end of next season to make real FA signings instead of marginal 4th and 5th bigs off the bench.
    Thank you, William Faulkner.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Wolves are freeing up money to sign Adrei Kirilenko, wow either they are crazy or Wes Johnson is that bad. Much younger SF, guess he must be that bad, really hasnt shown anything from watching him last year.

Unless the is a rule I don't know of (very possible) about Miller's nonstandard situation, Minne can't get him back.

Outstanding post and agree completely. You've actually observed exactly the same things I have.

If we end up locked in to 2 years of these two for a combined $8 Mil a year then I'm not happy. We have a lot of flexibility without that on the books at the end of next season to make real FA signings instead of marginal 4th and 5th bigs off the bench.
    Exactly.

Just FYI, the Warrick contract details are hazy. Pretty sure that despite that hornet blogger's tweet that last year is fully guaranteed. There have never been any reports of it being an option year outside of its listing on that one website. Media reported fully guaranteed when it was signed, hoopshype claims fully, WoJo just tweet that the trade works out as a pick and cap space for the Suns, obviously insinuating that is guaranteed.

So unless you hear something really definitive to the opposite end, then you guys should assume he is locked in for 2 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Source 1.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	4182

Name:	Source 2.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	4183

Name:	Source 3.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	4184

That's 3, not one

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
    As @WojYahooNBA had, Warrick would go to MIN in the three-way Lopez deal. #Suns get a pick + 2013 cap space by swapping Warrick for Johnson.

22m Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro
    Done deal isn't imminent but there's truth to @WojYahooNBA reporting that PHX will send Lopez to NO & get W. Johnson & 1st-rounder from MIN.
    Basically, there aint no telling how this is going to turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by phrazbit View Post
    Just FYI, the Warrick contract details are hazy. Pretty sure that despite that hornet blogger's tweet that last year is fully guaranteed. There have never been any reports of it being an option year outside of its listing on that one website. Media reported fully guaranteed when it was signed, hoopshype claims fully, WoJo just tweet that the trade works out as a pick and cap space for the Suns, obviously insinuating that is guaranteed.

So unless you hear something really definitive to the opposite end, then you guys should assume he is locked in for 2 years.
    http://arizona.sbnation.com/2010/7/2...ck-free-agency
    http://valleyofthesuns.com/salaries/
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There you go warrick goes to the wolves, now can everyone stop crying.

I'll take the word of the 4-5 sources listed in the last page or so, that say it's an option.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Basically, there aint no telling how this is going to turn out.
    As Woj had? Didn't Woj say Warrick was coming here?

This is the most complicated trade for average/below average players ever.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post

Name:	Source 1.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	4182

Name:	Source 2.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	4183

Name:	Source 3.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	4184

That's 3, not one
    Look at the years. 2011-2012 is still on there. And the last year is a team option. So we have the ability to make it one year deal. But all that doesn't matter, hunnyb just posted warrick would go to the wovles

@eegabeeva88: gumbo in nola

Check with Valley of the Suns, Suns bloggers.

So now who do you believe?

Do your checking before you come here with garbage. You are welcome, but spreading ignorance is not. We're aaallllll stocked up!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Look at the years. 2011-2012 is still on there. And the last year is a team option. So we have the ability to make it one year deal. But all that doesn't matter, hunnyb just posted warrick would go to the wovles
    Why would Minny send a 1st to take on cap though???

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    @eegabeeva88: gumbo in nola
    CONTEXT!

This post is from Robin Lopez himself. From February 2nd.

In year 2010.

Opps

Fletcher confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by hornets504 View Post
    Why would Minny send a 1st to take on cap though???

yes I cant see anyway Wolves take on Warrick, when they are trying to clear space to sign Kirlenko.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    Fletcher confused me.
    OMG! Please don't tell me you got that from Fletcher!

Thread Information