Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2001-2002 Free Agency

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wish there was, but there isn't.

55 minutes until sim #1, get whatever remaining offers in.

Do NOT post anything in the Free Agent Pool after 8.

When is the next sim?

Yea Is the next sim tomorrow? Is there another sim after that? sounds like it's 1 day left of FA and then final offers before the rest of the days are simed.

Tomorrow is the next sim and I'll sim the remaining the day after.

I woke up sick this morning so I'll get any offers/position changes/whatever done tomorrow before I sim.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Hope you feel better man...!

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Tomorrow is the next sim and I'll sim the remaining the day after.

I woke up sick this morning so I'll get any offers/position changes/whatever done tomorrow before I sim.
    No worries dude, you're only human. Hope you feel better

Yeah my head has been throbbing, eyes and throat been hurting all day. My sister's throat started hurting about a week ago and she's been home from work ever since.

Sounds like Strep throat, unless you have a cough with it. Then it's just a virus. May need antibiotics.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    So how do Bird Rights work? If a player that choose not to resign me and is now a free agent and that player has a 1 year bird right , I can sign him to a longer contract than other teams right? can someone clarify how that works?

The wording in the thread isnt great imo and i'm a bit confused by it as well. Can you go iver the cap with your bird rights or not?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The wording in the thread isnt great imo and i'm a bit confused by it as well. Can you go iver the cap with your bird rights or not?
    What thread did you find this info?

Page 1.

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has less than bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 6 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The player can receive the larger of the team's salary cap room(up to the maximum salary) and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Page 1.

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 10% of the value of the first year of the contract.

3) The player can receive the larger of the team's salary cap room(up to the maximum salary) and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.
    Thanks. Still a little confused but that did clear up some questions.

This as well since the 3 bird years can't apply until next season.

Yeah that #3 rule is kind of confusing.

Yea #3 isnt clicking or me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know cap rules, I just do what the game allows...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    To me, I'm interpreting the #3 as "the player can be paid any amount of money up to the maximum salary even if it puts the team over the cap."

It specifies that you can't sign a player to a new team and put the team over the cap unless you use an exception, so I think it's clear that the rules are trying to say the player can be paid any amount of salary as long as it's not over the max. This would follow the real life example so I'd be shocked if we can't go over the cap to re-sign players from our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    To me, I'm interpreting the #3 as "the player can be paid any amount of money up to the maximum salary even if it puts the team over the cap."

It specifies that you can't sign a player to a new team and put the team over the cap unless you use an exception, so I think it's clear that the rules are trying to say the player can be paid any amount of salary as long as it's not over the max. This would follow the real life example so I'd be shocked if we can't go over the cap to re-sign players from our team.
    Not really. In real life, you need 4 bird years to be able to sign your own free agents over the cap.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I never read 4. There are a lot of different exceptions so it's hard to just classify it as a certain set amount of years. Bird exceptions can be tough to keep up with.

Regardless, I expect the game to allow us to sign our players back and go over the cap. That's how I interpreted the rules.

That's some real good news for me! WOOT

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    That's some real good news for me! WOOT
    Lol there was no news.

Thread Information