.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 105

Thread: Power Rankings

  1. #26
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,681
    I'n kidding, it's a sim game called Fast Break Basketball or fbb.

  2. #27
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
    Ok I'm new to this so please don't make fun of me, but I keep seeing posts about this so, what is this? Is it an old time NBA 2k12 franchise mode or what?
    It's a simulation league that's ran through a computer game. We manage the teams and wait for results basically. It's not overly time consuming and it's pretty fun.

  3. #28
    Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    MS Gulf Coast
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterrich View Post
    Ok I'm new to this so please don't make fun of me, but I keep seeing posts about this so, what is this? Is it an old time NBA 2k12 franchise mode or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    2K on Dreamcast.
    .

  4. #29
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,681
    JOHN STOCKTON!> Those wheels are falling off THIS year =p

  5. #30
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    haha, I'm gonna see how he starts the season but I won't hesistate to bench him.

    off-topic but my landlord was just arrested for accepting pills and food stamps as rent payment. I also found out that he murdered a man 35 years ago... WTF!

  6. #31
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,618
    Great job on this

    look for the Kings to be moving up throughout the season I think I can finish a lot higher than 17, but we shall see

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Great job on this

    look for the Kings to be moving up throughout the season I think I can finish a lot higher than 17, but we shall see
    I agree with this, but this is based off of current rosters, in which you are weak at 2 positions.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 07-21-2012 at 01:13 AM.

  8. #33
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I agree with this, but this is based off of current rosters, in which you are weak at 3 positions.
    yeah I agree, my roster is a mess right now. should be improved before regular season starts hopefully.

    I don't disagree with any of your rankings tbh, even mine. Think it's all fairly accurate. Again, good job

  9. #34
    -Garrus Vakarian- ItsPaulyP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,420
    Disagree with my Pacers. My starters are solid at all 5 positions which should warrant higher than rank 18, no worries though very good idea and for the most part excellent rankings!
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)



  10. #35
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    His rankings are pretty safe. All the crap teams who made improvements aren't ranked in the top 10. Though I think some teams should be ranked higher, I get why some teams are ranked lower than they should perform.

  11. #36
    I like 13th.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    #QUAILS MOM

  12. #37
    I thought my Celtics would be a little higher but I really can't argue against being ahead of anyone in front of me. I still haven't forgot about last years playoff series against the wizards...hopefully adding Tinsley and Brown and giving Eddie House more playing time will be an upgrade from last year...plus a full year of big Z
    #FREEQUAIL

  13. #38
    The Franchise Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,136
    I think my Bulls are accurately placed. I still think I have the best team in the league, but fourth is fair considering I lost in the conference semis last year. Duncan single handily beat me! But in your assessment you say I have no all stars, but I just traded for Glenn Robinson who was an all star and second-team all league. Just saying. I think a lot of my season depends on how mt young guys improve in training camp. I'm expecting improvements from Mihm, TMAC , and Lafrents.

    PG: Sconnie Penn
    SG: TMAC
    SF: Glenn Robinson
    PF: Raef Lafrents
    C: Chris Mihm

  14. #39
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    haha, I'm gonna see how he starts the season but I won't hesistate to bench him.

    off-topic but my landlord was just arrested for accepting pills and food stamps as rent payment. I also found out that he murdered a man 35 years ago... WTF!
    What kind of pills were you paying him with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  15. #40
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I think my Bulls are accurately placed. I still think I have the best team in the league, but fourth is fair considering I lost in the conference semis last year. Duncan single handily beat me! But in your assessment you say I have no all stars, but I just traded for Glenn Robinson who was an all star and second-team all league. Just saying. I think a lot of my season depends on how mt young guys improve in training camp. I'm expecting improvements from Mihm, TMAC , and Lafrents.

    PG: Sconnie Penn
    SG: TMAC
    SF: Glenn Robinson
    PF: Raef Lafrents
    C: Chris Mihm
    Can we go back and look up who made the all-star team last year?

  16. #41
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    What kind of pills were you paying him with?
    haha, I had no idea this was going on but the article said he had over 800 pills. Vicodin, Oxycocone, Clonazepam, Tramodol and Suboxone pills and strips. Apparently he served 21 years in jail for manslaughter as well. Might be time for me to move lol.

  17. #42
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! LoCo89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Can we go back and look up who made the all-star team last year?
    I haven't seen a way to look at past awards and such, but if you click on the individual player in the index it will list their achievements in a little text box to the right
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES


    Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

  18. #43
    The Franchise Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I haven't seen a way to look at past awards and such, but if you click on the individual player in the index it will list their achievements in a little text box to the right
    This

  19. #44
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,487
    Ok thanks.

  20. #45
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,681
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23 View Post
    haha, I had no idea this was going on but the article said he had over 800 pills. Vicodin, Oxycocone, Clonazepam, Tramodol and Suboxone pills and strips. Apparently he served 21 years in jail for manslaughter as well. Might be time for me to move lol.
    Was his nickname CVS?

  21. #46
    CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Paul's balls
    Posts
    2,944
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Was his nickname CVS?
    lol...

    If it was I might of had a better relationship with the guy. It's a shame that I didn't have a chance to take advantage of this. I just broke my hand so I can give him all the painkillers he wants.

  22. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain View Post
    I think my Bulls are accurately placed. I still think I have the best team in the league, but fourth is fair considering I lost in the conference semis last year. Duncan single handily beat me! But in your assessment you say I have no all stars, but I just traded for Glenn Robinson who was an all star and second-team all league. Just saying. I think a lot of my season depends on how mt young guys improve in training camp. I'm expecting improvements from Mihm, TMAC , and Lafrents.

    PG: Sconnie Penn
    SG: TMAC
    SF: Glenn Robinson
    PF: Raef Lafrents
    C: Chris Mihm
    my mistake dude, but I still feel i have you pretty accurately ranked. You could make an argument for 2 or 3 though.
    I'm just not a huge Mihm fan, or Scoonie Penn.
    Both the Wizards and Lakers look like better teams on paper.
    And yes I was conservative with the rankings, a lot of teams that made improvements weren't moved up a whole lot. This is how power rankings are usually done. both the Pacers and Wolves are more likely to finish higher Maybe he grizz too.
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 07-21-2012 at 10:47 AM.

  23. #48
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,681
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    my mistake dude, but I still feel i have you pretty accurately ranked. You could make an argument for 2 or 3 though.
    I'm just not a huge Mihm fan, or Scoonie Penn.
    Both the Wizards and Lakers look like better teams on paper.
    And yes I was conservative with the rankings, a lot of teams that made improvements weren't moved up a whole lot. This is how power rankings are usually done. both the Pacers and Wolves are more likely to finish higher Maybe he grizz too.
    Tend to agree. Don't think you should have cut Kenny Anderson unless you have a plan to get a better PG. Maybe you do. Also hard to place you until seeing your team. I dont think 4 is anything to Scoff at, I would have been happy as long as it's top 5.

  24. #49
    #CauseImAsFreeAsABirdNow    Contributor   
    IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    8,706
    Wait, the Magic are ranked ahead of me? lol
    People's Basketball Sim League presents...

    1995-96 Season
    C Kevin Willis | PF Brian Grant | SF Jalen Rose | SG Michael Finley | PG Terrell Brandon
    Key Reserves: Dikembe Mutombo | Todd Day










  25. #50
    The Franchise Make It Rain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    1,136
    Oh I wasn't trying to complain haha. Sorry if I seemed like I was. I'm just confident in my team thats all. But yes like i said I think you gave me a fair ranking. I have to prove something in the playoffs if I want to be ranked higher. This is a great idea by the way. Good job.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •