Pelicans Report

Thread: Newbie here everyone

Newbie here everyone

First post here everybody. Finally found a hornets board to talk with other fans. Hornets fan in Illinois you guys are probably like yeah right. But I have been a huge fan since the days in Charlotte. My 2 favorite college players were Kendall Gill and Larry Johnson, Im a huge University of Illinois fan, but when those 2 guys were drafted in back to back drafts I became an instant fan and have been a loyal fan ever since. Been through all the ups and downs as a fan over the years. Just when you think they are going to be really good it all falls apart. All the way back to the mid nineties when they traded My guy Kendall Gill for Hersey Hawkins and then traded Mourning away although that was expected Johnson & Mourning hated one another. Then with Mashburn, Davis & Magloire I always thought we should have won more. Then the hole Chris Paul, David West, Tyson Chandler thing. If it wasnt for management spending cap space when they didnt need to and getting rid of Chandler to early, I like to think what could have been. But thank god Benson bought the team we won the lottery like we did in 91' and hopefully we wont screw it up. After this year get the Rashard Lewis contract off the books and get a big fish next year and keep developing the young guys and we should be pretty good. Not to mention in my opinion we have the most underrated gm and coach in the game. Hate to be long but its great to finally be able to talk with some hornets fans as you can imagine not many here in Illinois. And to finally watch the games on League Pass this year without listening to the other teams announcers since we finally got a tv contract.

Welcome to HR!

Good to have you. A fan that goes as far back as you should have no problem acclimating to the HR community. Welcome.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 07-17-2012 at 11:28 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Welcome bro!!!! Great to have fans who know there stuff!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Bienvenue!

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Bienvenue!
    Show off mabuhay! LOL

It's not that strange that you aren't in New Orleans. There are a lot of people on here from over seas and different parts of the country...hell I'm in San Diego! But with that said, people will rag on you here no matter where you're from!!!

Hiii

And yeah, shiiit im from Jersey lol, Hornets fans from all over the world
    Last edited by Vinny6420; 07-18-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Welcome aboard my dude. Have fun over here.

also a welcome from germany, i am also a hornet since the early 90`s. The big Hornets family is a Global one !

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Bienvenue!
    You stole my line . Welcome ILLHornetsFan !!!
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

yo yo

Welcome from Alaska!!

Have fun. Enjoy your stay. Don't get too close to Eman's fillet knife. You'll be fine.

Welcome from Portland, ME during the week, Nola on on the weekend

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Welcome from Boston.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    WELCOME to the board!

Thread Information